Black Cerca Trova T-Shirt Review

Sep 1, 2007
Savannah, GA
Well, it had to happen. Eventually, there had to be something I bought from T11 that I was disappointed in.

From the Gear page, the shirt itself looks very cool. I'm not big into advertising "Hey, look at me, I'm a magician...and I buy my stuff from an online store...visit _______," so in general, I don't wear magic "gear." BUT, the Cerca Trova shirt was different. It looks in-style...very cool appearance. The words will lead people to ask "what's that mean?" but at the same time, you don't HAVE to go into a performance or even announce that you're a magician.

Before I bought it, I decided I'd read another review which described how very thin the shirt was. I assumed it was an exageration.

Nope. No kidding. This shirt is nearly equivalent to a Hanes under-shirt. It is ridiculously thin. It's a shame too, because I was REALLY looking forward to wearing it.

Not only does the thin shirt not provide any warmth, if you ARE warm, it shows sweat...quickly (considering there's nothing there to absorb any of it and it's so thin...). You could wear another shirt underneath it, but the neck of the CT shirt is so large that an abnormal amount of the undershirt would show.

For future reference, I'd make a similar shirt, only make it with a smaller neck and thicker material (for those familiar, similar to the quality of Hollister shirts would be great). I still love the design, and really do hope they redo the shirts in the future...but for now, in hindsight, I wouldn't waste my money.

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
Couldn't you just order a size smaller to help the neck hole issue? I usually wear undershirts as well when it comes to any kind of shirt really.

I'm thinking about picking up one or more of these shirts in the near future.

Thanks for the review, however!

Shane K.

Sep 1, 2007
Savannah, GA
Couldn't you just order a size smaller to help the neck hole issue? I usually wear undershirts as well when it comes to any kind of shirt really.

I'm thinking about picking up one or more of these shirts in the near future.

Thanks for the review, however!

Shane K.

Sure, that'd fix the neck issue...but then it'd be a little tighter.

The neck-issue I could over look, however pick up a Hanes Undershirt and feel the thickness of it...that's the shirt you're getting only in black with lettering. I still LOVE the appearance of it...I'm just disappointed in the quality. Of course, some may not mind the thinness. I'd recommend picking up ONE before I got "or more in the near future" to make sure you like what you're getting prior to getting multiple in the mail...

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
Sure, that'd fix the neck issue...but then it'd be a little tighter.

The neck-issue I could over look, however pick up a Hanes Undershirt and feel the thickness of it...that's the shirt you're getting only in black with lettering. I still LOVE the appearance of it...I'm just disappointed in the quality. Of course, some may not mind the thinness. I'd recommend picking up ONE before I got "or more in the near future" to make sure you like what you're getting prior to getting multiple in the mail...

Ah, I see.

Thanks for the heads up!

Shane K.

D

Deleted member 2755

Well that disappoints me because I was planning on buying a Cerca Trova shirt myself.:(

Hey guys over at T11. Do I hear..... "2nd EDITION SHIRTS!" :p

-Doug

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results