Saturday Night Contest - Performance Stories : Holiday Edition

Dec 10, 2007
Slovenia (Europe)
Performance submission from me .Kazam xD

Alright, so this is the first Saturday Night Contest that I'm thrilled off. Basically I perform a lot so chosing my favourite performance story is kind of hard.

Alright, hope you will enjoy it.

Witness....Didn't like it. Saw it on the site, but it really didn't impress me that much. That might be for the packed up visual effects that other sites (Including theory11) offer. Distortion, Panic, Kaos...I absolutely adored these three when I saw them. However after a hefty review of Witness, I decided to give it a try. Went for the download. After watching it, my thoughts of the method were true after all. But I started to see the quality of the product. It happens in the spectator hands, and we all know that every magic effect that happens there gets superb reactions. So I packed my Joker in my lunch bag...After three or four days I was absolutely sure I am ready to perform. Of course I first tried on my "test bunnies", my aunt and grandma. The reactions were pretty good (Basically I can not get a great reactions from any of my family members...I'm sure you know this scenario).

Then, I folded the baggie and put it besides my deck...I decidedd I'll take it with me for the tommorrow's concert.

So I went there (About fourty-five minutes of driving) with my friends. We bought the tickets and entered into the small hall. It was a christmass concert, so it was of course Christmass-Themed. Anyway, won't go deeper into it. It lasted about 2 hours (With a break in between), and we all enjoyed.

After the concert, we went out, hanging out. Had some fun, but then I had to split from the others. My friend was called by her ex school mates, and we went to a nearby bar.

We found them. Luckily, we were in a separate room, where it wasn't that loud, so we could talk normaly. So I ordered my tea (It's pretty cold in here) and payed it (1€. Holy sheet!). So we started talking and I wanted to try Witness for a bigger crowd (The bigger the crowd, the bigger the reactions). So I've created a routine in my mind.

"Just a sec, got to go to the bathroom", came out of my mouth after a long thought (I'm not all that smart you know). So I entered the bathroom, pulled out my deck, a pair of rubber bands and the bagged joker. Put the rubber bands around the deck, and placed it into my jacket's front pocket. The joker went into my back pocket. I then proceeded to leave the bathroom.

So I pulled out the deck. My patter was pretty good, beucase I perform these effects on a regular basis (Well not Witness...not yet :cool:). Removed the deck from the rubber bands and one of them "accidently" shooted on the table. So I've spitted out a supposed-to-be-funny line; "Darn, this one sure doesn't like me..." and proceeded to levitate it back into my hands (Rubber floating effect in the Loops DVD from E). Went perfectly, especially since I went really slow. The band lifted like a feather on a small breeze, and went upper and upper, however it stopped at a point. "Hold the side of the band really gently", I said to a nearby girl. She did, and pulled the band out of mid air. She started laughing (Of amazement of course XD).

Then, I took the other band from the table, and grabbed it with my forefinger and thumb, entering the Crazy Man's Handcuff position. "Hold your rubber band between your hands like this *grabs her hands and get them into the position*. Now watch this. I'm gonna link us together. *Put my rubber band below her*". She giggled and I got a few laughs.

"Now watch! As you see my rubber band can't pass your left finger, neither the right finger, and it just CANNOT go through your rubber band. Hold very tight, don't let the band to shoot out. Now watch, if I just rub the bands together, the rubber gets so hot i can actually pull it through the other band."

The reactions of course reached pass the floating band, a guy sitting next to me pulled the bands out of our hands, got his goofie look and said "I knoW! that there is as trap door somewhere in here!"..-_-'...Now the thing was he was deadly serious. I let him keep the bands and examine how much he wants.

After the rubber routine, I pulled out my deck of cards.

"Does any one of you in here play poker?"
I got two agreements, which was perfect for this.

"Alright, come closer please"

Two girls approached me and sat down on my left and right. (They were hot as well x3...I love magic xD).

"OK, so I have my deck of cards here. Now one of you needs to shuffle this thing. Or you know what, each one shuffle one half of the deck"

After a shuffle, they gave me the deck back. "I will even cut it to make sure there is no setup!" ;)

So I turned over the top card. "Perfect, like we practiced! (Got a laugh from them, others didn't get it or something :rolleyes:) Now hold your hand out like a frying pen. *shows how that looks* Perfect! *put the card on her left hand* Put your other hand on top of the six and don't let me get that thing from you! Push hard!"

As I said that she actually started pushing really hard on the card, so I gave her another "funny" line; "No, not that much, we don't want you to get a stroke :D!"

"Now you *turns to the other one*, are you left handed or right handed? Or even better...with which hand do you deal cards? Right? Perfect. Put your right hand out the same as she did. Here is another card, let me see what it is...ah, the eight of diamonds *turns it over*. Put your hand over the eight like she did over her six and wait a second."

She did, and i stepped back.

"Can you feel the eight getting a bit hotter?"

"Yes, I do!"

"Great...now watch this! *I put my left hand on left girl's hands, and the other hand onto the right one's*."

I turned over to the left one. "Squeeze the six gently and massage it. Alright, great! Now watch this *snap my fingers and touch their hands*. Turn over your six of spades!"

She turned over their card and what she found was of course the card from her friend. I got screams, laughs, spilled tea (Which was of course mine :eek:) over the guy with the rubber bands.

"And you turn over your eight!"
The reactions doubled, if not even tripled, it was amazing. I got two "Do it again!" replies, but ignored them.

"Alright, I'll do one more. Need someone that I can pet jently. Come on up Simon! *got laughs, he's a guy.*"

"Ok simon, now you must follow my directions carefully for this one, as I can screw up and then I have gases. Not good. *Laughs....* So, as you see all the cards are diffrent, right? Not a trick deck or something, and they even shuffled it before. Now pick any card of those, and put it in front of you."

He picked the card, I smiled on the inside.

"Show it to the others, now Laura come closer"

Laura is the girl that I used in my previous transposition. She gave me huge reactions, so I knew she was perfect for the job.

"Here I have a lunch bag. Yes, in it I have a card, just in case I get famished or something...*laugh*. Now I hope it isn't the same as your one. It's a joker. *Turns the bag over, revealing the joker*. But this joker is special. I keep him in the bag beucase I don't want him to vanish. Now before I go on with the magic, I have to hypnotise him."

I got some weird looks, which I wanted anyway.

"Oh...you have no idea how that works right :D? Well first we need to put him into dark and worm and hairy place...Laura put your right hand out again *Got a huge laugh xD*. I'll put the joker on it, and put your other hand on top of it. Keep your fingers together so it get as dark as it can. Alright, perfect. Now he needs some time on his own."

Turn over back to Simon. "Alright, put the card back into the deck".

"Ok, I think the Joker is ready now. Simon, what was your card!?"

"I say it out loud?""

"Yes, your a smart one!"

"*laugh a bit* It was the...three....three of hearts I think"

"Sorry?"

"The three of hearts."

"Oh, okay. Watch this now! *put right hand onto laura's hands and left below them* Can you feel getting a bit warmer? And that is not Simon's gases! Now watch this! *Snaps fingers and step back*. Turn over the hands slowly, and look what happened to the joker!"

She turned it over, revealing the three of hearts. I got screams, a guy sitting next to her stood up, smasing into the table, knocking his tea down, braking the mug. They started screaming, but my volunteer stood there quitely, in a complete astonishment. She dropped the bag as if she was scared or something. Simon catched the bag and I finished the performance with a;

"Now I know what you're thinking. There are two cards in that bag. Open it up! It's still sealed! And take the card as a souvenir. It will bring you good luck and keep you safe from Simon's gases *Laugh*"

So yes...this was it.. Sorry for the longness of the post, but I wanted to give you all the details.

Also, some of the translations aren't the same, as I am Slovenian and it's kind of hard to directly translate to english. And sorry for the typing mistakes. If you find them, please give me a PM.

Sebo

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results