Battle of magicians

Dec 31, 2007
I don't understand why this bruce guy is so negative, you have never seen me perform or met me on what grounds can you say I suck?

I don't understand why this bruce guy is so negative, you have never seen me perform or met me on what grounds can you say I suck?

Dude, don't worry he was just here trying to disrupt the boards. He was commenting on posts from August and September.

Take a stab at it. There's no harm in trying. Get your routine together, and practice your heart out. What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

-RA69

Dont sweat it bro, he prob just sucks hardcore and is trying to make you feel like crap to make him feel better about himself. Let it go. Back on topic i really want to enter this in the stage category. Ive been working on my show for 2 years with my teacher, who has performed in vegas on numerous occasions haha. Regaurdless of if people win or get totally owned, its always good experiance. So i say people that want to should go for it, at least it would be a good experiance to learn from people

Sep 2, 2007
I thought the exact same thing, even if I do suck and lose I will definately learn alot
The goal is to always improve our magic -- and the best way to do so is to learn from our experiences. We all have experiences, both failures and successes, from which we can learn -- I know I have -- and only with these experiences can we further our own magic. (This also parallels a current topic in Cerca Trova.)

What do you have to lose by joining? I'm sure it'll be a great learning and fun experience!

Cheers,
JTM

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 31, 2007
I have never been to either, I live in Utah. No competitions or conventions. I have never been to a competition or convention and the battle of magicians seems like a good one to go to first unless you have any other recomendation?

the columbus magifest is a bigger convention...but If you can I would go to and IBm convention...I went when it was in cleveland and it was awsome...plus it was huge and had many people from all around the world...the battle isnt bad though but i dont know if its worth a trip that far...it is mostly people from around ohio and pennsylvania. I haven't looked at the schedule yet but if there is someone that you really want to see go for it....but keep in mind that it is a small convention and it seems to be getting smaller every year....i would go to an IBm convention again if I could since that is probly the best...the magifest is great and if you were flying to ohio that would be the one to go to...I don't want to tell you not to go but if you fly all the way to ohio just for the battle you might be dissapointed...

Dec 31, 2007
I see your point, so since you have been to the battle do you think that my act will fit in with that convention, or do you think I should go to a different convention? If you don't know what my act is just look at my other posts.

Sep 1, 2007
Heres my advice to you nick, just give up. Because in this life...you can't win, because the would is run by the man, and the man will crush your soul!!

Sorry, just had to throw in that school of rock quote, best movie ever. In all seriousness, go and give it your best shot. You will learn a lot. It would be impossible not to learn anything. I'm sure it will be fun to.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results