Hype?

Sep 1, 2007
Yes, speak your mind. Unless it's to argue or say something contrary, then you're a wanker who's just attacking people.

I'm just blunt and sarcastic. If you take that as an attack, you're very thin-skinned. Clearly, I'm doing a bad job of getting my point across or you would have figured out that I'm not attacking people at all.

I'm talking in GENERAL, this is not directed towards any topic, any post, or any person.

Sep 2, 2007
Hype? Theory 11 is PURE hype.
Not to say this is a bad thing, or to blatantly point out the obvious.
No one knew what was going to become of it. Well edited-intense graphics, and super hip html knowledge, a few clues, and you have another online magic store.

Aug 30, 2007
Hype, I guess, is a matter of perspective to me.

For example, one could look at the "treasure hunt" promotion for this site as an interesting, intellectual challenge that was designed to be good-hearted fun and promote interest in what we genuinely believe to be a worthwhile project. Or one could look it as a big, stinking, barrel of pointless hype that was only intended to trick it's unwitting participants into emptying their wallets before they knew what happened. One of those two options is more factually accurate than the other. I'll let you decide.

Either way, we made it a point early on to release a countdown so that people who didn't wish to play the game didn't have to. They could just check back August 31st for the reveal. The point is, like with anything else, if you don't like it, don't pay attention to it. You don't like the TV show, change the channel. But we hope you like the show.

As far as hype on products, allow me to make a few basic points about how and why we do what we do.

1) Reaction shots. These shots are theoretically important because they offer proof that when performed correctly, the effect can have a serious impact on people. It doesn't always have to be people running around and screaming. Sometimes the subdued, stunned reactions are the best (if you purchased Distortion, there is a great reaction like this that I love down at Pier 39 - check it out). Still, while it's becoming somewhat commonplace nowadays, we still believe there to be value in these shots.

2) Ad copy. We'll try to make it as interesting and un-cheesy as possible. We promise. If you don't like it, send any one of us a PM and tell us that we're stupid. If we get enough of those, we'll try something else. (Replacing the ad copy with pics of Raiker in a pink tutu, for example.)

3) Previews. Our hope with the previews is to give you an idea of what the effect looks like in an entertaining way. We are excited about all of the products on this site and we hope that you are as well. If you don't want to take our word for it (every effect on here has the unanimous support of all of our team - Houchin, Kenner, etc.), wait until some reviews come out and make an informed decision then. Or, trust us and if you don't like it, we have a return policy. Seriously, a return policy on magic tricks that you've already opened. Check the "guarantee" link at the bottom of the page for details. We stand behind our products. If you're genuinely dissatisfied, we'll give you your money back.

4) Style. The style of our videos is a style that Wayne Houchin and myself developed while working over at E. If you own any of E's earlier products, compare them to our first release "Stigmata." The style really is different and now that we're not working there, I'm sure that E's style will begin to evolve once again. I would hope that you like what we do. We work very hard to make sure that the videos are something that we personally would enjoy watching.

Dana

Well without the Hype who would've followed the "whatistheory11.com" site at all? And then again who would've followed the clues without Jerry Nuggets as incentive. I'm not saying it's a bad thing it was one of the best marketing strategies I've seen in a long time. I know I got what I wanted and more with this site. Everything will become original and have a "Theory11" style. I'm sure with the killer music you've guys produced and all the talented minds you'll be able to make us want to buy any product, even a freaking french drop. Everything already on the site from me is a A+ and I can only think it'll get better
--RA69

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results