Is Brad Christian a good performer/magician?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 17, 2007
HAHAHA. Funny fourm topic. I stated my opinions before in another fourm about him. Just to sum it up here, he is terrible in my opinion. That's all I have to say.

Oct 24, 2007
I would have to agree with FatalAce. He's horrible, his performance style is terribad. Shouldn't be anything by him out. Gasponte, don't buy anything from ellusionist. Don't do it!

Tyler

Sep 1, 2007
I wouldn't say he's terrible, he just doesn't do things right. He doesn't give proper credit, and performs tricks incorrectly.

Woah woah woah, stop the bashing train guys.

First to answer the question, in my opinion brad is very good at sleight of hand and his performance is style is good, not great, but there are many magicians that people here adore who are not any better than him.

Okay now, don't buy ANYTHING from E??? :confused:

yes, their basic dvd's suck in the eyes of more experienced magicians, and their lack of crediting is disgraceful. But look at effects like Silver Dream, Stigmata, Fraud, ect. ect. We are all here because of E, if it wasn't for them there would be no theory11...

I'm not a huge E fan, but I certainly don't hate them and wish people would use good judgement before they decide to smack talk a company.

Sharp

Reactions: tyrone
I thought he was just performing tricks his way. Thats the point of being yourself and not like everyone else. I respect an entertainer if he has his own style and puts the respect and work into creating art not look down on it. I'm sorry but unless you've been in a room with Brad and he has actually performed to you then I'll make my own mind up. Thanks.

Peace.;)

Reactions: tyrone

TKH

Aug 31, 2007
Wisconsin
He is good at what he does. Run a successful magic company geared towards begginers and teenagers. He is fine at sleight of hand, not great, fine. He is not very creative in methods nor presentation. He is a fine teacher, too. Don't expect anything amazing, but hes a good enough type of guy.

He is a good magician none the less, I believe he has been a magician for about 25 years now, and somone with that kind of dedication has my respect. I don't think it is in anyones right mind to bash him.

Sure, he has amde some mistakes in the past, but don't we all?

I am personally not the biggest Brad Christian fan, but like SharpestLive said, I certainly don't hate him, he is just making a living.

Aug 31, 2007
MI, US
HIs one and two lecture notes are alright.

RIP... I won't even go there... (don't get it)

The other two, irreversible and cut, I have no comment seeing as how I don't own any of the two.

I am personally not the biggest Daniel Madison fan, but like SharpestLive said, I certainly don't hate him, he is just making a living.

When did we start talking about Daniel Madison?

HIs one and two lecture notes are alright.

RIP... I won't even go there... (don't get it)

The other two, irreversible and cut, I have no comment seeing as how I don't own any of the two.

I am personally not the biggest Daniel Madison fan, but like SharpestLive said, I certainly don't hate him, he is just making a living.

I agree on Rip its a lousy effect and not well thought out sorry but Daniel hasn't impressed me with this one. I'll give him props on his card flourishes though.;)

I'm not sure when we started talking about Daniel though.

He is a good magician none the less, I believe he has been a magician for about 25 years now, and somone with that kind of dedication has my respect. I don't think it is in anyones right mind to bash him.

Sure, he has amde some mistakes in the past, but don't we all?

I am personally not the biggest Brad Christian fan, but like SharpestLive said, I certainly don't hate him, he is just making a living.

Is Gasponte a good performer or not?:)

Dec 1, 2007
Long BEACH, New York
he is an amazing magician he started the biggest magic company in the world and the most respected he is great

yeah im from ellusionist born and raised now im on vacation and at theory11 ill stop back home once in a while and buy some hardhitting magic so dont be kicking dirt on my home yeah theory11 and ellusionist are both great sites and ill buy from both

Nov 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Brad isnt terrible, but he is ok i guess, but I do belive his DVDs are overpriced. I like theory11's effects and community more then E's but ill still buy from both places. There really is no point in limiting yourself to one place and hating the other, its just stupid.

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
To me, Brad is good at what he does, like many of you have said.

He's a good teacher, he runs a popular magic training "facility", and he's an accomplished magician. As many of you said...for someone who's been in magic for that long has my respect. He also strikes me as the kind of person who believes in, like the Theory11 crew here, the youth of magic.

To be blunt. Us.

I think that the beginner DVD's at Ellusionist are a tad bit pricey, but I try to think of it as a dead bolt lock against people who just want to learn the secrets and doesn't care about the art itself.

The other products, however, are fine products in my eyes. The cards handle well, the artist effects from people like Justin Miller and Danny Garcia are wonderful. Also, the accessories such as the M5 and UltraSmoke2000 are great buys as well.

But, we aren't talking about Ellusionist, are we?

Brad is respectable.

Shane K.

Jan 3, 2008
he is an amazing magician he started the biggest magic company in the world and the most respected he is great

yeah im from ellusionist born and raised now im on vacation and at theory11 ill stop back home once in a while and buy some hardhitting magic so dont be kicking dirt on my home yeah theory11 and ellusionist are both great sites and ill buy from both

I totally agree. I mean, theory11 has some really cool single effects, and this is probably where I'm going to be buying most of my single effects. But for a beginner (which I guess I'll still consider myself) ellusionist is a great place to start off, what with the Crash Course series and Ninjas (even if the latter is a bit harder).

Both are totally great. As long as no one here likes Penguin. ;)

I totally agree. I mean, theory11 has some really cool single effects, and this is probably where I'm going to be buying most of my single effects. But for a beginner (which I guess I'll still consider myself) ellusionist is a great place to start off, what with the Crash Course series and Ninjas (even if the latter is a bit harder).

Both are totally great. As long as no one here likes Penguin. ;)

I look at Penguin as a needle in the haystack when I look for new magic tricks from there. They have good deals on books if they have them in stock but they really can be lame sometimes. Back to the topic sorry about that. Brad does help alot of newcomers and he has good teaching skills as well, he may not be the best but he is one of us.

Give respect where respect is due.

Oct 21, 2007
www.hi5.com
I think Brad has some good skill, he's not the best, but he has made a good living out of it, and he founded one of the most most well known magic companies ever. The beginner dvds are overpriced, but all their single tricks like Stigmata, Indecent, Fraud, and Box Monster are pretty good. The only problem he has is pricing, and overhyping products.

Sep 1, 2007
I wouldn't say he's terrible, he just doesn't do things right. He doesn't give proper credit, and performs tricks incorrectly.

I guess I missed the part where there was a "correct" way to perform a trick. :mad:

You certainly don't sound like you know much about magic...

Zeus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results