Is Brad Christian a good performer/magician?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 8, 2007
E has its issues, but to address the topic of this thread--yes, Brad is an excellent teacher and a very good performer. If you're looking to start learning magic E's videos with Brad are one of the best places to start.

I wouldn't say he's terrible, he just doesn't do things right. He doesn't give proper credit, and performs tricks incorrectly

Has it ever occured to you that maybe he puts his own personal twist on things, I would never say he performs a trick incorrectly, he gets reactions, so whatever hes doing "wrong", I would appreciate if he shared it with us.

Sep 1, 2007
I would have to agree with FatalAce. He's horrible, his performance style is terribad. Shouldn't be anything by him out. Gasponte, don't buy anything from ellusionist. Don't do it!

Tyler

And why, I say WHY, are you trying to make Gasponite a worse magician by telling him not to buy anything from E?

I'm not this huge BC fan or anything, but seriously...grow up and show some respect. Do you not realize that T11 is modeled after E? And guess who founded E. Without Brad Christian there wouldn't be a Theory 11 and there wouldn't be an Ellusionist. You'd be getting all your magic from sites like Penguin and many more that I won't name.

If you don't like him or his style then that's perfectly fine, but maybe in a couple years you'll at least be mature enough to put it that way.

Brad Christian? I heard he wears a clown nose around the house.

But on a serious note, every single magician that makes himself known is up for grabs for negative opinions as well as good opinions. You and I may hate Criss Angel but adore David Blaine.

Brad Christian has done alot for the magic community, some may disagree, some won't. Thats just my opinion. I like Brad's style and envy his braveness. Some of you are able to walk up to anybody, no matter who they are, their anything and perform. Brad is one that can do this, as well as David Blaine, Criss Angel, and the list can go forever. Brad also had the braveness to put his brian and money where you were and developed a business that everybody loves to hate. Thats bravery right there. The business could have flopped and broke him.

I have alot of respect for David Blaine, I read his book and loved how he just kept on pushing and pushing and pushing and would not back down until he was getting paid to do what he does best (read it if you have not). Now Brad Christian on the other hand has went a different route, he decided on the business route of it. He makes money from success of others, he could have become a successful TV magican if he wanted to push his way to the top. Instead he took the route of becoming a business man and making your money. He listens to his customers, develops cards that others will buy, sells magic people want. You make magic and he makes money. Sounds greedy in a way huh. Well every business is that way. Walt Disney liked making cartoons, pushed his way to the top so he could make money off watching others do what he loves to do.

So some may say Brad is a lousy magician, maybe he is, I am not going to judge him, he is ahead of me in the ballgame. But as a business man, I have respect for him there. He pushed his way up by pushing his product, which people are still buying. He pushed his career in magic high up the pole.

So there was my opinion in long form (and a little off topic), I think he is a pretty decent guy. Even know he wears a clown nose around the house. He may not be a great performer, but he is highly successful in his magic career.

Brian

Sep 1, 2007
Gasponte, don't buy anything from ellusionist. Don't do it!

I generally find people who tell others how to spend their money to be full of ****.

To answer the question, I have a lot of respect for Brad in that he can do one thing that most people fail at rather spectacularly: teach.

99% of magicians forget what it was like to be a newbie within the first couple years, and thus are completely incapable of teaching other newbies and showing them the ropes. I got my start with E and I don't regret it.

Excuse me? their dvds are amazing!
he goes over absolutley everything you need to know when your a begginer.
I dont know what is out there that can explain 2Card Monte any better?

ok, they are good and they are horrible, however 'anything' is too much to say as they do sell the AoA series.

I like Brad Christian. I very highly respect him for founding Ellusionist. Before Ellusionist, I had to drive for 30 minutes to get to a magic shop (I still do every now and then, but that's beside the point). Brad Christian is a great magician. People love him. Maybe not everybody, but obviously he's doing SOMETHING right to be the founder of the most popular online magic shop.

Anthony Bass

I'm going to "kinda" get off topic just a wee bit here.

Read this wrestling fans.

There's an effect around called the "E" effect. "E"llusionist and the WW"E" both carry this effect.

They care more about selling, then the actual product quality. Surprising they both have E in their company name huh?

Anyway, to make a long story short, both of the companies' products are expensive and do not give what your money paid for. That's basically it.

Sorry to confuse you guys.

Aug 31, 2007
interwebz
I'm going to "kinda" get off topic just a wee bit here.

Read this wrestling fans.

There's an effect around called the "E" effect. "E"llusionist and the WW"E" both carry this effect.

They care more about selling, then the actual product quality. Surprising they both have E in their company name huh?

Anyway, to make a long story short, both of the companies' products are expensive and do not give what your money paid for. That's basically it.

Sorry to confuse you guys.

im sorry but getting a deck of cards that lasts 3 times as long as the standard for almost the same price is not getting what i paid for?

going out and performing effects that i paid 20 bucks for and making twice as much is not getting my money's worth?

I think that you have it all wrong. Some of that stuff (things like stigmata, fraud, masters) should cost alot more.

And yes...i believe that Brad Christian is an amazing performer. Anybody who deosnt think so needs to show us that they can do better. Until then, you have no right to talk.

Nov 17, 2007
I believe that brad is very good in magic but there exist several things that I do not like of his place E in the way to handle the forum, the groups that exist, the moderators that erase everything what they do not like

Sep 1, 2007

Shall I pass that along to Danny Garcia and Justin Miller?

I believe that brad is very good in magic but there exist several things that I do not like of his place E in the way to handle the forum, the groups that exist, the moderators that erase everything what they do not like

The moderators are not going to apologize for the way we do our job. Which is to say that at least we do our job, as opposed to other places I've been to.

Some forums are stricter than others, simple as that.

Ellusionist to be honest, werent incredibly 'Welcoming' to me recently in regards to a Thread I was asking to make, but I can understand that.

Where as others, actually gave me a free membership and thread (Magic Woods)

Places are run different ways. End of the day you have to understand most Moderators do not get paid for what they do. So try and be a little bit more understanding ;).

Aug 31, 2007
Guys... I have a couple of things to say. I know I don't post a lot here, but I post every few days on the E forums. So here's what I have to say.

To the people that bash E; Grow up. Seriously. E sells great products. You think they over-hype things? So do other sites. Think about it. Commercials are hype. Advertisements of any kind are considered to be hype to some extent. I remember a couple of months ago, a new company opened. It was something that promised new things to the consumer and promised some products that were very good. I bought some things from them. One of the things that was promised to me was the following quote; "Never before has a deck of this quality and level of intricacy been produced."

Yes, your beloved theory 11. With all do respect, I seriously have used better plastic coated cards than the 1st ed. guardians. They were junk. I opened my last one the other day. Know how long it lasted me? 30 minutes before I couldn't use them.

You think E over-hypes stuff? T11 was some of the biggest hype I can remember, before anyone knew what it was. And what did you get? A store that, at it's opening, sold INFERIOR products and that I won't buy from again without a great deal of consideration.

Next thing; the issue of the community and forums. Let's see... Take this thread for example. Entirely useless. Why would I want to come on here and read this junk? I didn't If I hadn't literally made myself bleed from practicing all day today, I wouldn't have even bothered reading this.

The E forums are strict, but in a good way. They keep order there. There's barely any moderation here in comparison, and that brings this site down even further in my eyes. Many people like it because of the lack of sufficient moderation here. That's your choice, I won't bash you for it, but respect the fact that E is moderated in a good way.

Final thing; about Brad himself. It's been said before and I'll repeat so that maybe some of you stubborn people out there can try again to understand this. No, Brad Christian is not the best. So what? He's a great performer. He can teach. He can do a lot of things very well. If it weren't for him, T11 wouldn't be here. He might not be that good in your eyes, but I've been into magic a fair few months now and he's still very good in my eyes.

It's the same thing with David Blaine. I mean, seriously. He's the worst magician I know who is famous. "Here, look" is not magic. He's a mediocre card worker. But I have a great deal of respect for him because of what he has done for magic, even if it hasn't gone in the direction I would have liked.

My final word is that if you can't at least respect people and the businesses they have opened, or what they have done, than do everyone a favor and shut your mouth, than keep it that way. Threads like this waste everyone's time and create bad feeling.

Actually, one final note... The T11 community is supposed to be about the following things, straight from the about theory 11 page.

"We respect all of those that respect the art.

theory11 is a group of 11 individuals united in an unparalleled, strategic alliance under one goal, one mission, and one objective: to advance the art of magic."

So RESPECT people like Brad Christian. Who is trying to advance the art of magic in his own way.

Now, I'm done wasting my time on this useless junk. I'll keep watching the thread in case someone wants to get into an argument with me over this, because to be honest, if you can't stop being hypocritical and actually respect your beloved T11''s own views, I'd absolutely love to show you wrong.

Dec 28, 2007
I see a lot of material from him just want to see opinions

The question is about his ability to perform magic. I dont think it has any thing to do with the value of his products.

Can anyone put up a link that actually shows him performing to an audience?

To me that seems the only way the question can be answered.

Sep 1, 2007
Can anyone put up a link that actually shows him performing to an audience?

Inside Magic and the Crash Course series both show Brad performing for audiences out in the street. I'm not going to be ripping videos from the DVDs though for a number of reasons, most of them having to do with ethics, and the others having to do with how much my computer sucks.

And I can't see as putting up the videos would help in the least. Most of Brad's critics (and I use the term loosely) don't give a damn about advancing magic. They just want to be right and they want their scapegoat because they're too intellectually and emotionally weak to take responsibility and show a little class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results