Sorcerers Safari

Sep 1, 2007
I had a blast at SSS this year. I got so much stuff on dealers day. Met Wayne, Lee, Arron, Tyler so many more magicians. This was my very first year. I recommend this camp to all magicians to no skill or advanced level. I am coming back next year and I loved the hype for T11.

Today, I made my first order.. Wayne's Distortion. If I can remember correctly, he did it right in front of us on stage. It was amazing!

Wayne, lee, Aaron, Will any of you be selling some effects from T11 next year? T11 is now my favorite magic store, and I love to chat on the forums.

Thanks for the magical experience,
Mike

Aug 31, 2007
Sorcerer safari was AWESOME (as always) this year. Lee, Aaron, Wayne and all the other pros that come to educate us, i hope you guys know how much we really appreciate everything you guys have done for us.

Wayne performed Distortion on stage and it was amazing! of course we did not know at the time that he would be marketing it because at the time we didn't know what theory 11 was (it was on ongoing mystery throughout camp).

Aaron also performed panic on stage and it also was AWESOME. However, i also had the pleasure of being in his card class where he performed it first. It was one of those tricks that you think "that is what being a proffessional magician will give you". We all thought that it was one of those tricks where there was just no hope in even asking how it was done because it was to amazing for our young magical minds to handle... now of course he is releasing it! and its the first thing in my cart!!!!

Thanks again guys, can't wait to see you next year

Aug 31, 2007
Greenville, SC
I have heard a lot about this camp from David Mitchell. I really wish I could go somehow, but I live in SC. It is great to hear though of a camp that is dedicated and willing to help those who are learning magic...and in such a fun and exciting way. Glad you all enjoyed the camp.

Camp this year was the best year yet. My highlight was sitting on a rock on the beach with Aaron Fisher going over the DPS, word for word from Expert At The Card Table. Also meeting Wayne was great. Just talking to him you are captivated and can't stop listening. It's an experience all to itself. Anyway, come to camp next year and we will jam wil 2 am, earliest.

waynehouchin

theory11 artist
Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Chico, CA
www.waynehouchin.com
I'm thinking about going next year, as well. Looks like Wayne and everyone else who attended had a blasty blast.

You should ABSOLUTELY come. It's amazing! As far as price goes: It's right around $1000 for a full week with some of the best of the best. All food & everything is included - One on one instruction & critique from some incredible performers. That, of course, is subject to change - but as camp gets closer next year, you will hear us talking about it... Just be prepared. It's an incredible experience!

WH

Brewery Rabbit

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Poulsbo, Wa
Oh man i am totally going!!!
This is a bit early. But in one of the threads i was talking about a gimmick i had invented.

Would it be ok if i brought it with me.

See if you guys could help me out with it?
because i want to make sure everything is pefect before postin a video.

~Jordan

Sep 1, 2007
Oh man i am totally going!!!
This is a bit early. But in one of the threads i was talking about a gimmick i had invented.

Would it be ok if i brought it with me.

See if you guys could help me out with it?
because i want to make sure everything is prefect before posting a video.

~Jordan

Of course you can bring gimmicks. Everyone there are magicians. Plus, if you ask someone how that is done, they will tell you.

Like, Aaron fisher was selling an unreleased effect that didn't even have instructions yet. On dealers day. The next day, everyone who bought it was wondering how to do it. Some people at the table (Including me) said that we didn't buy the effect. Then he said "Well who said that you need to buy the effect?"

But buying the effect is obviously the best choice because you get all of the extra tips to perform it.

Anyways, what I am getting to, is that you should bring your gimmicks.

They encourage that you bring your props and effects that you want to practice with.

It is about $1000 but it is so worth it! When its 3 hours away from me I can afford the drive because I am so excited to have a great time.

Not only is it a magic camp, it has swimming too, where you can chill out in tubes, go slide down a water slide (Not a huge one. :p), Jump, Flip, Dive off of the diving board (10 feet?).

We do play games there too. Oh how funny it was to see Wayne bridge box racing Is that what it was called).

This was my first year, and I will be attending next year.

You should ABSOLUTELY come. It's amazing! As far as price goes: It's right around $1000 for a full week with some of the best of the best. All food & everything is included - One on one instruction & critique from some incredible performers. That, of course, is subject to change - but as camp gets closer next year, you will hear us talking about it... Just be prepared. It's an incredible experience!

WH

Sounds awesome, I live in MA though so it's kinda a drive, can you stay overnight at camp for the whole thing?

Thanks,
Evan

(PS: dang I gotta start saving then, about when is it next year?)

Sep 1, 2007
I wish I could go but who knows maybe I will?

The main problem is money! I might be able to gather up $1000, but air fare would add atleast another $300-$400. So probably not:(

Sep 1, 2007
Couple questions, average age of people there? I'm 14 right now.
Price? And do you need to arrange accommodations?

Thanks,
Evan

The average age of people that are there are 8-20. I'm 14 right now also.

there are 3 areas of cabins and in each area, they have 3-4 cabins.

Area 1: Little kids

Area 2: Aged from 12-15

Area 3: Aged from 16-20

The price is around $1000 Canadian.

Yes, you do need to arrange accommodations.

Food? The food is great there. You will not get hungry.

What time of year. Well summer camp is at the end of august usually. This years camp date was August 25 to August 31.

There is also a march break camp last years march break camp only had 16 campers attending (only 5 days though)

For more information, please visit www.SorcerersSafari.ca

Brewery Rabbit

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Poulsbo, Wa
Yeah i am pretty stoked!
A good chance to work on new things.
Touch up old things.
Man.
I can hardly contain myself!!

Camp is a orgy of magicness.

~Jordan