Possibility of The Pass being featured in the 1on1 section?

Sep 1, 2007
on Theory11.
Well, as the title asked, that's what I'm wondering. I'm not too interested in the classic pass, but more intrigued by the pass where the deck is rotated in the hands and executed during the rotation. (Not sure of the name...) My dream 1on1 video would feature multiple versions of the pass so I could learn a few and settle on one that fits me the best.

So... Would there be any possibility of a 1on1 video like that being in the future?

I'd still buy it if the price were a little more than the traditional $5. (considering the pass is such a coveted move...)

Sep 4, 2007
Antioch,CA
Well, as the title asked, that's what I'm wondering. I'm not too interested in the classic pass, but more intrigued by the pass where the deck is rotated in the hands and executed during the rotation. (Not sure of the name...) My dream 1on1 video would feature multiple versions of the pass so I could learn a few and settle on one that fits me the best.

So... Would there be any possibility of a 1on1 video like that being in the future?

I'd still buy it if the price were a little more than the traditional $5. (considering the pass is such a coveted move...)

I think its the turnover pass you're talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zac

Oct 21, 2007
Appalachia
www.myspace.com
A. That's called a turnover pass.

B. Watching any video on the pass is going to make you do 2 things. First its going to make you say, oh it's that easy sweet I'll do this tonight when I go out. Second 20 mins later, you'll swear it's impossible and give up.

The best way to learn the pass is to learn the mechanics, then practice it for a 8 months, continuously (you're at dinner waiting on your food, you're doing the pass, you're watching a movie, you're doing the pass etc)... not that it took me 8 months or anything, but yeah.

I think trying to take on the pass in a 1 on 1 video might be a little much to ask, but then again I'm not the one producing or teaching, it's up to T11, and they've stepped up and delivered before so who knows.

Nov 18, 2007
Toronto, Ontario
Yeah, that would be the turnover pass. However, it's a little angle sensitive. I prefer the dribble pass since its practically angle proof if executed right.

Are you kidding me? Seriously.... your on a magic forum referring people to youtube explanations?

The Turnover pass is a great move (a variation of the Herman pass). I have heard that Aaron Fisher was going to do a 1on1 for is Gravity Half Pass, but thats all I know as far as passes int he 1on1 section.

Sharp

Sep 1, 2007
He could be referring to the Midnight Shift - an absolutely fantastic pass. Bill Malone breaks it down on "One the Loose" volume 3, in his explaination of "Direct from the Factory" aka Mental Photography.

Nov 8, 2007
If you want to learn a pass you can use in the real world check out Pass With Care (HERE). After watching/reading several DVDs and books it was this video that I finally learned a pass I could actually use in real performing situations.

Happy Magic.

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Ninja?
Doesn't that DVD teach you the pass, as well as Ninja 2. I know I heard that Ninja was very short and not one of Brad's best, but I think the teaching is good.

Sep 1, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
why is everybody so upsessed with the pass. in my opinion the pass takes to long to learn and there are a thousand better ways to control a card to the top. like a side steal (my favorite),swing set control(rarely use but ive never been cought when i do use),double undercut , and dan and dave have a kick ass variation of a control used for putting a card on the bottom on the trilogy( i think its on the trick subway). and probaly the best control EVER is the bluff pass (its not actually a pass).
I have even asked daryl about the classic pass well actually any pass for that matter and he hates them all. i think his favorite control is the double undercut or somthing. but people need to give up with learning the pass in my oppinion.
its to easy to get cought if your misdirection is on que.
just a few thoughts on the pass.

Chris.

Just get [SIZE=-1]Richard Kaufman's On The Pass DVD. It's 25-30 and contains over 12 or 13 (not sure) passes and shifts and routines to use with the pass...with one on one's being 5 dollars each, you're getting your monies worth with the DVD (which is good). I won't review it here, but I'm sure you'll be able to find a review.

~David
[/SIZE]

Nov 8, 2007
why is everybody so upsessed with the pass. in my opinion the pass takes to long to learn and there are a thousand better ways to control a card to the top. like a side steal (my favorite),swing set control(rarely use but ive never been cought when i do use),double undercut , and dan and dave have a kick ass variation of a control used for putting a card on the bottom on the trilogy( i think its on the trick subway). and probaly the best control EVER is the bluff pass (its not actually a pass).
I have even asked daryl about the classic pass well actually any pass for that matter and he hates them all. i think his favorite control is the double undercut or somthing. but people need to give up with learning the pass in my oppinion.
its to easy to get cought if your misdirection is on que.
just a few thoughts on the pass.

Chris.
I use the pass more than any other control. Just because you and Daryl don't like it or use it doesn't mean others don't enjoy it or get a lot of use out of it. I agree with you that there are other good controls out there, but the Pass is definitely one of them. It took me about three weeks to get my classsic pass to a real world performance level, so I wouldn't say it takes "too long to learn." And I think it's a major overstatment (and I know you didnt mean it literally) to say "there are a thousand better ways to control a card to the top." There's a reason the pass has the reputation it does as a control--it's incredibly deceptive when performed properly.

People need to give up learning the pass? Sorry, but it really isn't that hard of a move. I've learned quite a few move that are harder than the pass. I'm glad I did't follow your advice or I probably would have given those up too.

Nov 2, 2007
Norway
The classic pass used at the right time is not bad at all. I feel double undercut isn't all that great. I mean you put the card in the middle of the deck then cut 2 times to the top. It seems so fake to me.

Sep 1, 2007
on Theory11.
Ok, The Turnover pass.. My mistake.

YouTube is no way to learn magic. (correctly, that is.) I'd rather learn it right the first time.

My apologies to those of you who think the pass is overrated and is too much trouble to learn or put in a 1on1 video... I'm just a magician looking to master a few good ways to control a card.

I understand the importance of practice. I always test out new moves on my parents and family before hitting the streets.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results