Quick Cardistry/Flourishing Purchase Question

Dec 31, 2007
Massachusetts
Hello everyone! Please give me advice ASAP(as soon as possible:().
I'm totally new to XCM Flourishing and Cuts, I was just wondering what would be the best deck to put my hands on! If Wynn's are the correct answer should I order Brown, Violet or Red?
I'm buying 7 bee decks for other magic needs apart from XCM:p
Oh and if your wondering how I'm going to start out I'm also ordering Xtreme Beginnerz by De'vo (2 DVD set) (Where should I purchase this from that has the fastest shipping? I live in Boston Massachusetts If that helps:p

Thanks for your time,
BrianKilledYou,
Brian

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
Well, as for the cards...I would say that it is all up to your personal preference. Buy a deck of each kind of cards that you want to consider and condense it down from there.

If you want Wynns, really...all three colors to me are phenomenal. I personally like the reds the most, but that's more for ashthetic reasons.

Xtreme Beginners is a good place to start. I congratulate you for taking a step in the right direction!

As for where you should order from...that's your call. I ordered my copy of Xtreme Beginners from Ellusionist, but I'm sure that you can pick it up from the superhandz website as well.

Good luck, and have fun!

Shane K.

Nov 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Well i think the best deck for XCM is a fresh newly opened one lol. I havent played around with the wynns too much but i hear they are better for 2 handed cuts and such but are also ok for fanning. Overall i would practice first with some just normal bees/tallys/bikes (whatever is avaiable to you) until your good enough to not mess up the cards while practicing then start using the wynns, this also will be nice to have a fresh unopened deck of wynns to work with. I mean you wouldnt want to put a big crimp or something in your wynns just from practice :D.

Between the different wynns i cant really tell you as i havent handled them all but it seems somewhat preference from the reviews ive read, im personally gunna order 6 browns, 6 blues/violets, and 6 red decks. Just to try em all out n such :cool:.

Anyway just my 2 cents ;)

Jan 3, 2008
Hello everyone! Please give me advice ASAP(as soon as possible:().
I'm totally new to XCM Flourishing and Cuts, I was just wondering what would be the best deck to put my hands on! If Wynn's are the correct answer should I order Brown, Violet or Red?
I'm buying 7 bee decks for other magic needs apart from XCM:p
Oh and if your wondering how I'm going to start out I'm also ordering Xtreme Beginnerz by De'vo (2 DVD set) (Where should I purchase this from that has the fastest shipping? I live in Boston Massachusetts If that helps:p

Thanks for your time,
BrianKilledYou,
Brian
Hi there Brian! :) Personally, I think that you should get the Brown Wynns, because they are the rarest and said to have a higher stock above the others. Also, if you plan to get XB, I would get it from ellusionist. They always seem to have fast shipping to me.

Buy some Wynns if you want, but save them. If you are brand new, later on you will be dissapointed you wasted such great decks. PRactice with Bikes or Tally-Ho's and save the nice cards for when you don't kill a deck in a few days by dropping them everywhere. Just some friendly advice, do as you will :)

Nov 22, 2007
Wynns are quite stiff compared to other cards.

Also keep in mind that for cuts, blue wynns hold together the best.

Nov 22, 2007
Just because they look violet doesn't mean sellers and buyers won't call them blue wynns. After all, they are dark blue. If you colored the walls of an entire room in light pink, the light reflecting off it all with make the room hot pink. If you take a look at the blue on the court cards, it just looks like dark blue. When you make a concentration of it on the back, it makes violet.

Dec 10, 2007
Texas

My advice for you is...

Buy the cards, and save them, in the mean time of saving them...
Use Bikes (cheaper cards you can easily get your hands on) and practice with those.

Because most of the people/friends i know that manipulate along with me, trust me, when we began we didn't know how to handle a deck of cards or "make it last longer" or "treat it with care". Like, we get those custom decks from ellusionist, and they didn't last at all because we just started, now i felt it was just a waste of money. So again my advice for you as a beginner, is (i was going to say don't buy it YET, but theyre limited) -buy a few -or one, Save it, Practice until you know you're ready, and then perform with your favorite deck. thats what i did. haha

Well, basically you can do whatever you'd like with those cards =)
Hope you can get your hands on some, they're really great cards (the brown ones) i haven't gotten my hands on blue and red ones yet, but who knows?

Goodluck and take care
ES

Nov 6, 2007
My advice is to just get some bikes. They're cheap and handle great for both magic and flourishing. They are also very recognizable by others for when you perform magic.

Use normal bikes... you can get a brick (12) at BJ's or Costco for 15 dollars...

As far as shipping is concerned, although E ships fast...they're on the west coast, and you and me are as far east as it gets really... It's stick with a site that's based somewhere closer to home. Plus, E sucks anyway:p.

Personally I'd visit Hank's shop during a weekend if I were you. Jeff, Alpen, Noah, Don, etc..are all funny, talented, and knowledgeable guys. They'd be able to put you on the right path- the beginners DVD can only teach you so much...

~David Rysin

Dec 31, 2007
Massachusetts
Hi there Brian! :) Personally, I think that you should get the Brown Wynns, because they are the rarest and said to have a higher stock above the others. Also, if you plan to get XB, I would get it from ellusionist. They always seem to have fast shipping to me.
You know what sucks? :( -----This is what Ellusionist said!-----

Due to extreme weather conditions and power outages in the San Francisco area, we are unable to answer your phone calls, or ship orders today.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results