Two New Moderators : Welcome Aboard

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
All,

Over the past few months, the forums have continued to grow by leaps and bounds. We do make a conscious effort to keep things a little looser here, as we believe that the best way to build a professional, tight-knit community is by working together and by inspiration, not by force. That said, we of course do have forum rules, and our moderators are invaluable in keeping discussion on topic, intellectual, professional, and respectful as much as possible.

As the forums have grown, and at the suggestion of many of our members, we are officially announcing TWO new moderators as of today. These guys have contributed countless informative, great posts to the community since day one (literally), and I'm sure they will continue to do so more than ever.

Without further ado... I'd like to welcome our two new moderators: RebelAce69 and The Dark Angel. Mad props to Jack, who has done an incredible job since the beginning as well-- being our first moderator. So now we have three. Congrats to all three, and to everyone reading this-- thank you as well. Your support and participation means the world to us. Rock on'.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I understand you get more power as a Mod and all that, but why are you guys so anxious to be one? Is it the power aspect? The feeling that you're "above" everyone else? If I was Bayme, I would have two to three Mods, and that's it. There isn't any need for more, because this Forum doesn't have any spam, hardly any threads that need locking, no editing. I would also make it an unwritten rule that anyone that asks how to become a Mod or if they can be a Mod that they will never make it to Mod status.

I think the qualifications for a Mod are quite simple: frequently on, and make good, helpful posts. But like I said before, this Forum doesn't need any more Mods, and I really don't see why some people desire to be a Mod so much... just doesn't make much sense to me.

Nov 8, 2007
As long as the T11 forums here don't end up like the police state of E's forums I'm cool with 2 more Mods.

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
What do you need to be promoted to a moderator JB? May I call you JB? :p

Also, enjoy being a normal member. You can go for long periods of time without posting, something the mods don't have the luxury of doing. They always need to be on, whereas you can come and go as you please. Also, you can fool around to a certain extent.

Enjoy your freedom!

//David.Misner::

EDIT: Sorry Rebel and Angel, forgot to congratulate you guys! May the force be with you... and why am I quoting Star Wars?

Oooooooooo, maxy big da force!- Jar Jar Binks, RIP....

//David.Misner::

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando Fl
Cheers!

You guys probably don't know that you've become mods, since you are not posting any replies, irresponsibilitty on the first day of the job, not good

Sep 2, 2007
Haha-- I'm sure they are around here somewhere.

Congratulations to The Dark Angel and RebelAce69. I know you guys will do a great job. Certainly well-deserved, and keep up the good work!

Cheers,
JTM

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Cheers!

You guys probably don't know that you've become mods, since you are not posting any replies, irresponsibilitty on the first day of the job, not good

Haha, I'm here, I'm here!

Thank you everyone for wishing us well! I'm excited to be helping out on this awesome forum! If anyone has any questions, comments or concerns, feel free to shoot us a PM!

Thanks!
The Dark Angel

Thanks for all of the comments everyone,
I've been online pretty much all the time since I found out, which was about 3 days ago but, it wasn't until yesterday I was officially named a Moderator.

As for Steve, I personally think that if there is going to be another moderator in the future Mitchell should be chosen. In my mind I thought he would be chosen before everyone but, it is not up to us since we were merely contacted and asked if we wanted to or not.

We all try to do our part, and there are some who have posted and been a contributing factor since the very minute this site opened. Mitchell is a huge contributor, and so is Jack as well as Jon (The Dark Angel) and even yourself.

Thanks,
-RA69

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results