"Elevator" Card effects

Dec 5, 2007
Hello everyone :)

I was wondering if there are any "elevator card" effect that you would recommend? Im going to use it as a ending for my ACR.

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
Chris Kenner has one in his book Totally Out of Control called 'Elevator', although apparently can be quite hard to do.

Ray Kosby has an effect/sleight called 'Raise Rise' in Ray Kosby's impossible Card Magic'

You may want to hang on and wait for the release of Daniel Garcia's 'Fallen' being released on Ellusionist. You can see the teaser for this here: CLICK

Alternatively you can always try and come up with your own :D

- Sean

Dec 5, 2007
Iv been looking into the Impossible card magic dvd, But some says its extreamly hard.

How hard is it really?

Oct 19, 2007

Iv been looking into the Impossible card magic dvd, But some says its extreamly hard.

How hard is it really?

Hmm... It took me about a week of daily practice to get it down. Well yeah, it's hard, but it's not impossible like people say.

But my pinky has blisters and scars and it hurts... haha.

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Easy mode:

Stripper deck w/ dupes. Elevator effect for people not interested in sleight of hand....actually I am sure someone tried this at some point. No idea if this is even remotely workable but after giving it about 10seconds of undivided attention it seemed plausible.

Here is a semi-decent discussion on Raise Rise from about 5 years ago that I found compliments of the decknique forums while nosing around =)

http://geniimagazine.com/forum/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=000710

--Jim

Dec 5, 2007
Hmm... It took me about a week of daily practice to get it down. Well yeah, it's hard, but it's not impossible like people say.

But my pinky has blisters and scars and it hurts... haha.

wow only 1 week? I'v heard people say that it takes about 1 - 2 years to get down, iv read in a forum that R paul wilsson said that.

And does it really look as good in real life as on video?

Aug 31, 2007
Easy mode:

Stripper deck w/ dupes. Elevator effect for people not interested in sleight of hand....actually I am sure someone tried this at some point. No idea if this is even remotely workable but after giving it about 10seconds of undivided attention it seemed plausible.

Here is a semi-decent discussion on Raise Rise from about 5 years ago that I found compliments of the decknique forums while nosing around =)

http://geniimagazine.com/forum/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=000710

--Jim

Thanks for that link Jim; it was an informative discussion.

This is off-topic, but I did have a question. Why is it that the Genii forum can expose methods like crazy (for example, see the discussion Jim linked to above), but if someone were to say the kinds of things they are saying on T11 or E, everyone would freak out? Are the forum rules just different, or is there a different philosophy behind how the forum is used, etc? Just curious...

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com

This is off-topic, but I did have a question. Why is it that the Genii forum can expose methods like crazy (for example, see the discussion Jim linked to above), but if someone were to say the kinds of things they are saying on T11 or E, everyone would freak out? Are the forum rules just different, or is there a different philosophy behind how the forum is used, etc? Just curious...

I was wondering that too... I read the first page upto the minor exposure bit and then stopped reading.

- Sean

Oct 19, 2007
wow only 1 week? I'v heard people say that it takes about 1 - 2 years to get down, iv read in a forum that R paul wilsson said that.

And does it really look as good in real life as on video?

Mine doesn't.

I can do the ambitious riser move fairly well, without pulling other cards out or without struggling to much. Of course, I can't do it as well as Ray Kosby.

As for the effet itself; Raise Rise, I'm not that comfortable. Especially the setup; it's harder than the rise itself. I can do most of the other Ray Kosby effets from "Impossible Card Magic" which also involves the ARM.

I'm sure other people on this site can do it as well, just not as fluent as Ray.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 5, 2007
Mine doesn't.

I can do the ambitious riser move at a fairly good speed, without pulling other cards out or without struggling to much. Of course, I can't do it as well as Ray Kosby.

As for the effet itself; Raise Rise, I'm not that comfortable. Especially the setup; it's harder than the rise itself. I can do most of the other Ray Kosby effets from "Impossible Card Magic" which also involves the ARM.

I'm sure other people on this site can do it as well, just not as fluent as Ray.

Set up? do you need anything more then a deck?

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
For those of you reading wondering what the hell we're on about a performance of Ray Cosby's Raise Rise Move can be found on this site: Right Here

This guy seems to be able to get into position pretty quickly :) so there's what's possible with it. I believe it has other applications too!

- Sean

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Sadly I failed to mention that PK Son has an elevator type of effect on his Obsession DVD called Deviant Drifter. I haven't tried it yet but it looks a hell of a lot easier to pull off that what I am hearing about Kosby's routine. This can be done with the card face up and signed if you use a signed card as part of your ACR. Just thought I would toss that out there since all the other versions have been mentioned thus far.

--Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 5, 2007
Sadly I failed to mention that PK Son has an elevator type of effect on his Obsession DVD called Deviant Drifter. I haven't tried it yet but it looks a hell of a lot easier to pull off that what I am hearing about Kosby's routine. This can be done with the card face up and signed if you use a signed card as part of your ACR. Just thought I would toss that out there since all the other versions have been mentioned thus far.

--Jim

Thank you :) iv heard some good stuff about it. Do you know where i can buy the dvd.

Do you know if it looks something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6Im8StCaAo

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Thank you :) iv heard some good stuff about it. Do you know where i can buy the dvd.

Do you know if it looks something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6Im8StCaAo

It looks similar to that but man Jeff makes my eyeballs pop out watching the way he pulls it off, such grace and poetry in motion there.

http://shop.2deemagic.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=6

Is where you can check out the DVD I mentioned. Close to 3 hours of material to learn from is on there as well, the 'elevator' type effect is just one of the many gems on there. Any questions drop me a pm if you need more info because I don't want to make it look like an advertisement here lol =)

--Jim

There is a different philosophy and the people think differently. I remember a magician telling me the rules of magic and he said that a magician can share a method with another magician he trusts. While here and E if someone reveals a secret us kids( or at least most of us) always have a dumb thought that the magician's need the money, and the mods delete it since if the method to a product is revealed then the product won't sell.

I was wondering that too... I read the first page up to the minor exposure bit and then stopped reading.

- Sean
Lol:p Wow you guys are funny.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results