Playing Cards Comparison

Nov 22, 2007
I've been on Ellusionist and have seen all the Playing Cards they offer. And seen Theory11 Playing Cards they offer.

Which one is better?

Wyns ( I didn't even know that the different colors represented different textures of the cards or is this just people imaginations?)

Ghost

Tigers

Jerrys Nuggets

Bicycle

Bee

Guardians

Oct 9, 2007
None of them. My favourite cards are either Bicycle Vintage Fan backs or the Tangent backs. Both handle better, look normal, and are a hell of a lot cheaper.

The custom decks are much thicker than usual and may take some getting used to. Also, try going through 2 of these decks a week and look at your credit card bill at the end of a month - ouch.

You would be lucky to even find some Jerry's Nugget's let alone use them regularly.

Sep 3, 2007
Pennsylvania
I've been on Ellusionist and have seen all the Playing Cards they offer. And seen Theory11 Playing Cards they offer.

Which one is better?

Wyns ( I didn't even know that the different colors represented different textures of the cards or is this just people imaginations?)

Ghost

Tigers

Jerrys Nuggets

Bicycle

Bee

Guardians

Wynns are best for card munipulationsa and cuts and stuff like that. If you want to do magic, don't get these.
Ghosts feel and last better/longer than Tigers. I compared a brand new Tiger vs. A deck of normal bikes and they are the same quality.
Jerry's are supposedly really good, but I haven't had any and I wouldn't recommend trying to get your hands on some as they are really expensive.
Bikes are pretty good. I use them alot.
I've only used Bees once or twice but they felt really nice. A lot of people that I know prefer Bees over Bicycles.
Guardians are inexpensive and good quality that lasts really long. I would recommend them highly. So, get them now.

Jan 6, 2008
Seattle
www.darklock.com
On the "local grocery store" front, I like Bicycle better than Bee. The Bee back is harder to mark, though; if your audience is claiming you use marked cards, Bee backs can quash that.

I have no interest in paying the outrageous prices for Wynns or Jerry's Nuggets. If I were better at this, I might.

I'm still prioritising my shopping list and sourcing all the things on it, but this week that list definitely includes the six-deck combo pack from Ellusionist and a pack of Guardians from Theory11. So in a couple weeks, I'll be doing some reviews which will cover your Ghost, Tiger, and Guardian with more besides.

My personal preferences are for a non-reverse deck with the comfortably recogniseable Bicycle back design. If I'm going to have a reverse deck, I'd prefer it not have the Bicycle back design. So on looks alone, they come in this order:

Masters - 1800 Vintage - Ghost - Guardians - Viper (Circle Back) - Viper (Fan Back) - Tigers (Red Pips) - Tigers (White Pips) - Shadow Masters

Once I can get my hands on these, I'll do a much more thorough review.

Jan 2, 2008
i use bicycle for practice and ghost , shadow masters or tigers to perform the ellusionist art cards for some reason are a little bit bigger than 808's i am also waiting for my guardians to arive cant wait

There is numerous reviews on each deck, all around every magic forum.

Many professionals use Jerry Nuggets, although they're worth $150 on Ebay so, it is not worth it in the long run. Wynns, are sold here on Theory11, and the next release is Tomorrow at 11:00 PM Eastern. That is for the Brown Wynns. If your looking for Red or Violet click here.

All of Ellusionists decks are amazing quality, and are very well done. The Vintage Series, is not the best cards in the world, the finish sometime is sticky, and I wore mine out very quickly. All of their other decks are overall amazing. They flourish, handle, and everything else very well, and are just plain eye-candy.

The Guardian decks, have a different finish than Ellusionist decks, and handle very well. There is numerous reviews on them in the Product Review section, so I'll let you take a gander over there.

Hopefully I enlightened you a bit,

-RA69

Nov 22, 2007
Get a bunch of bicycles and tallys.

There is nothing that any custom, rare, or old deck can do that a deck of bicycles can't.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results