Criss Angel

Dec 13, 2007
North Hollywood
Hey I just bought the first season of mindfreak and really enjoy the show, all though i know a lot of his tricks are camera edited i was wondering about a few of them

does anyone know the name of the trick where a person chooses and sighns a card, the card is then lost in the deck, the magician throws the deck against the window, and the sighned card appears to stick on the opposite side of the window,

also does anyone know what the name of his levitation is and if it is something he does with out camera tricks, not the masterminds levitation but the other one where it looks like he is about 5 feet in the air.

thank you for any help it is much appreciated

Jan 9, 2008
Sacramento
The first trick has hundreds of variations, and is most widely know as "card through window," but there is an excellent version by Daniel Garcia on ellusionist. as for the second question, if Criss Angel can levitate five feet in the air without camera tricks of a crane, then i have no idea.

Dec 14, 2007
The "card through window" effect was invented by a man named Bob Hummer. He also invented the trick where the magician throws a card in the air and it flies around his body only to return to his outstretched hand. He had many wonderful ideas, some incredibly brilliant. His best works though are often overlooked because the ideas and principles are both complex and subtle at the same time.

Brad HEnderson

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
The only way that I know how to do a card through window like that is the way David Blaine did it. If anyone knows how to do it signed, let me know!

As for the levitation, the one without the "crane" or whatever he uses is on his website.

Jan 3, 2008
Minnesota
i do a signed version thru window. its simpler than ya think. a few different ways. i have a no gimmicks and kinda impromptu way of doin it. and i aint jus talkin Kaos. i mean when i throw tha cards. i usually do tha throwin one THEN Kaos. its not what u think or a revolutionary method, jus a way that ive never HEARD of anyone tryin it this way. its a ploy on psychology

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
i do a signed version thru window. its simpler than ya think. a few different ways. i have a no gimmicks and kinda impromptu way of doin it. and i aint jus talkin Kaos. i mean when i throw tha cards. i usually do tha throwin one THEN Kaos. its not what u think or a revolutionary method, jus a way that ive never HEARD of anyone tryin it this way. its a ploy on psychology

Care to share? :p

Jan 3, 2008
Minnesota
am i allowed? if yes then sure. jus cuz it aint nothin for sale. it aint revolutionary but hey it gets tha job done and i have never been caught yet. if i cant share jus pm me. i jus dont wanna do nothin i aint supposed to. but if allowed then i have no problem posting it.

Jan 3, 2008
Minnesota
fyi its not what criss did in tha bus. haha we all know how that was done...not camera. but girl a stooge. haha. combined wit Ultimate Card Thru Window wit tha editing after they go out tha bus to retrieve tha card. lol. at least thats my theory

Dec 5, 2007
Your not going to find a CTW that looks as good as the one he did on mindfreak there are some other out there but not as good looking.

as for the levitation the only levitation that he did that you can get your hands on is the one on masterminds vol 2, in my opinion its the best levitation out there and you can levitate upp on quit high things.

Jan 3, 2008
Minnesota
well i dont wanna risk exposure. pm me if u wanna know. i aint gonna FIND and pm EVERYONE who posts here lol. ill respond to everyone tho

Jan 3, 2008
Minnesota
Your not going to find a CTW that looks as good as the one he did on mindfreak there are some other out there but not as good looking.

as for the levitation the only levitation that he did that you can get your hands on is the one on masterminds vol 2, in my opinion its the best levitation out there and you can levitate upp on quit high things.

yup cuz we all know why too lol.

Jan 7, 2008
I always get a great response using his toothpick trick! His biography was awesome.

It is no secret that Criss uses other actors and accomplices for his illusions and tricks. Pure and simple, magic is used to amaze people, and Penn and Teller are famous for using other people in their acts that look like the average layman. Don't be dissapointed, after all, it's all illusion right.

And I concur that the girl had signed a previous card for a card through window. I lived in Las Vegas, and to leave downtown Freemont to the Alladin they wouldn't be going down a barren road on the outshirts of town. Sorry, I'm just more familiar with the Las Vegas Strip than that. Regardless of which, I'm still a huge fan of his, but now being introduced to the Buck Twins, I feel that buying his playing cards were a waste of money.

And the levetation tricks he does, he sells a video of, and you can find excerpts of the trick on Youtube!

Sep 3, 2007

I think it's a complete waste of money because there is no way to do it with people who aren't behind you without exposing it.

Jan 3, 2008
Minnesota
I always get a great response using his toothpick trick! His biography was awesome.

It is no secret that Criss uses other actors and accomplices for his illusions and tricks. Pure and simple, magic is used to amaze people, and Penn and Teller are famous for using other people in their acts that look like the average layman. Don't be dissapointed, after all, it's all illusion right.

And I concur that the girl had signed a previous card for a card through window. I lived in Las Vegas, and to leave downtown Freemont to the Alladin they wouldn't be going down a barren road on the outshirts of town. Sorry, I'm just more familiar with the Las Vegas Strip than that. Regardless of which, I'm still a huge fan of his, but now being introduced to the Buck Twins, I feel that buying his playing cards were a waste of money.

And the levetation tricks he does, he sells a video of, and you can find excerpts of the trick on Youtube!

i aint denyin that he has A legitimate levitation. but tha one he does ALL tha time is fake.

Sep 2, 2007
Stooges can be used in many ways. The person who signs the card doesn't have to be your stooge. There are several ways to use a stooge to get a card signed, put back in the deck, then moved to the inside of a window.

By the way, there's nothing wrong with using stooges. I personally don't do it often, but the few times I have done it met with great success. I've used girlfriends as stooges multiple times, even though everyone knew I was dating the person, and still blown everyone away.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results