Best card forces?

Dec 5, 2007
Hello everyone,

Im looking for a new card force, i already do the riffle and the classic force but im not really happy with them. is there any other fair looking forces you could recommend?

Oct 9, 2007
I use the cull force a lot. I think that's what it's called anyway, the most fairest force in my opinion. Let them touch any card, turn the pack over and there it is.

But, it depends what situation your in. I think a lot of people will be saying how you can't judge different card forces because if you do them right, they should all look as if a free choice. But I'm sorry, that's rubbish.

202 Methods of Forcing is a great book. You can get it for free at http://www.thelearnedpig.com.pa/ - yes, it's legal before anyone asks.

PS, that's a great site by the way, loads of free books.

Sep 1, 2007
The under the spread force is very good. I also really like the bottom slip force found in the description to John Bannon's "Stranger's Gallery". There's another move in that description which I have also used very successfully as a force; it is reminiscent of the riffle force but you force the bottom card. John Guastaferro describes a neat "stab" variation of the under the spread force in his "second storm" lecture notes/DVDs.

If you know any "cut" revelations - moves where you cut the deck and produce a card supposedly from the middle - then these can be used as forces as well with a bit of creative thinking.

A lot of magicians really like the cut deeper force, and there's always the old classic criss cross force which works a treat.

Nov 30, 2007
Sorry I'm no help there...I don't know what its called...you can do one force with just timing

Oct 9, 2007
Bottom slip force sounds like the one I use. I don't like the cut seeper force really and the criss-cross isn't good in all situations.

The riffle force where you force the bottom card. I think I know the one you mean but the name escapes me at the minute. Where you bevel the deck and ask the spec to cut off however much they want from the bottom and look at the card on the bottom of the pack your holding? Very effective force.

Nov 6, 2007
There's a force I do all the time which utilizes a push-off bottom deal technique. Well, a strike would work also, but I think it flows better with a push off. Anyhow, I'm not sure of the name of it, but it's taught on allan ackerman's advanced card control series dvd "false deals." Go figure haha. There's also a very nifty switch in there which can be used as a force.

Sep 1, 2007
There's also the classic "force card on top, have any card selected and do a DL" method.

Not to mention topper and the witcha slip used extensively by Sankey.

It's also worth noting though that the force you use will depend on the trick you're doing. Often if you study well thought out card magic, the creator has used a specific force for a specific reason. That's how I collect moves anyway; none of this "encyclopedia of" stuff.

Nex

Jan 12, 2008
To put it honestly, the classic force is as good as it'll get. Looks completely legit, but takes some practice to get it right.

Aug 31, 2007
I've heard of this legendary force called the DMT Force (Daryl-Meets-Tamariz Force) in which the deck is spread out, the audience member can pull out any card they wish, and can even change their mind as many times as wish, and the force will still work.

If it's a real force, I'll be very, very impressed. As of now, I assume its a myth or a joke.

The Classic Force can work very well, as many have said. To learn a force from one of Theory11's artists, go to Mr. Lee Asher's site and learn the Brute Force now. (It's under the Free Stuff section). I don't know how effective it is, but for those who love "Free Stuff", there you go.

- harapan. magic!

Nov 6, 2007
I've heard of this legendary force called the DMT Force (Daryl-Meets-Tamariz Force) in which the deck is spread out, the audience member can pull out any card they wish, and can even change their mind as many times as wish, and the force will still work.

If it's a real force, I'll be very, very impressed. As of now, I assume its a myth or a joke.

You can do that with a number of forces. I don't really see what makes that so legendary. That force does sound familiar though.

Oct 9, 2007
sjsawyer: For example?

Bottom Slip Force (if thats it's real name)
Underspread force (requires some stacking though, easy in overhand shuffle)
MC Spread Double Lift (can be used as a force, leaves you with a DL)

I'm sure there's other. My minds blank at the minute

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
If you are good with timing and if you know how to control your spectator, try the cut packet to table force... (not sure of its real name).

I dont really consider a force description exposure. sooo : Keep your force card in the middle with a break. and explain "I am going to cut some packets and place them onto the table, whenever you want me to say stop, please say Stop." You are cutting small packs and placing them on the table as you start explaining this and you can easily time the last packet cut (taking the last packet from the break) when they stay stop.

I use this force just as much as the classic force.

Jan 13, 2008
i do the under the spread force the most, ive done it for 5 years and I have NEVER been caught. There is a force in Sankey's Secret FIles volume one, that he throws in a trick called chameleon. Originally from Greater Magic. Try using Vernons Subsitute Transfer, its good because you can force one card with it, or many. And with your riffle force, you may already do this but, say "I do it like this because people say I use marked cards, but if i do it like this i cant see the front or the back so its fairer"....works great to remove suspicion

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results