Control :: New Video & Podcast

Aug 31, 2007
Lacey,Washington
Thanks for the update :). Sounds like a very very worthwile dvd.

I'm gonna like how people can't put random solo performances of this on Youtube :) It's a pulse stop, not visual, but emotional to actual spectators in the right hands.

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
This sounds phenomenal Wayne.

By watching the new teaser and listening to the podcast, you've inspired me to want to create something as powerful as your pulse stop.

This is definatly going to be one of those effects that I'll only perform for special occasions. Something like this shouldn't be one of those "everyday" things. You know?

I'm also very curious as to when we'll hear about the give away. I'm always game for those.

Wayne, if you could give us any kind of advice for being successful in our art what would it be? I'm not limiting this to the creative process, but the all around dedication and work involved.

Thanks.

Keep on rockin'.

Shane

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Hey Wayne, I'm curious (As I'm sure many others are) about the pricetag on Control? Will I have to sacrifice a limb or two to buy this, or will this be a decently priced effect?

- TDA

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
Hey, Wayne.

This looks amazing. Well, it doesn't "look" like anything since it's not exactly visual, but you get what I mean.

I'm also wondering about the price of the DVD. So, if you could let us know something about it, that'd be great. :)

EDIT: Ignore the question. :p

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Great video Wayne, as well as Podcast. Guys, check out my "pre-review" thread here. I review the method of the effect. Also, look through the entire thread. I have an update containing more info on the second page.

David

Sep 2, 2007
Well... that depends... how much do you think your limbs are worth?

:)
Not much... ;)

I can't wait for Control-- the podcast and the news post are very thought provoking, informative, and intriguing (including the nudest colony part).

Only 8 days, 23 hours, 38 minutes, 39 seconds, and 1313 femtoseconds 'til release.

Cheers,
JTM

Sep 1, 2007
Seriously though - more info on the price etc. will come soon, but I can tell you that it will be in line with our other releases. :)

hey Wayne, I wanted to know if it would be able to fool the medical community. I did a pulse trick recently, and I did not know that I was using a nurse, I put my fingers on her wrist and she corrected my hand. The effect still worked, since I also talk about body language and stuff, but just wanted to know if nurses or doctors would catch you.

waynehouchin

theory11 artist
Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Chico, CA
www.waynehouchin.com
Not much... ;)

I can't wait for Control-- the podcast and the news post are very thought provoking, informative, and intriguing (including the nudest colony part).

Only 8 days, 23 hours, 38 minutes, 39 seconds, and 1313 femtoseconds 'til release.

Cheers,
JTM

I can't believe you actually calculate the femtoseconds... you're a nerd. Welcome to the club :)

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
hey Wayne, I wanted to know if it would be able to fool the medical community. I did a pulse trick recently, and I did not know that I was using a nurse, I put my fingers on her wrist and she corrected my hand. The effect still worked, since I also talk about body language and stuff, but just wanted to know if nurses or doctors would catch you.

That's a little hard to answer in my opinion without exposing. To tell you the truth, maybe. If they are really observant. But if you think about it, anybody could "catch" you.

David

waynehouchin

theory11 artist
Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Chico, CA
www.waynehouchin.com

I cover all of this in EXTREME detail on the DVD, but the bottom line is... it's an illusion. You aren't really stopping your heart (that would hurt) therefore you are not always going to fool a trained medical professional. I say "always" because it is possible, in some cases, to fool a doctor or a nurse when using Control with "Stop" which is DG's heartstop that he teaches on the DVD. In fact, Danny tells a story about fooling a nurse & her boyfriend using Control & Stop... powerful stuff.

But as a general rule, NO you aren't going to be able to walk into a hospital & convince the staff that you're dead. :)

But again - I talk A LOT about this on the DVD - you will understand Control inside & out - you WILL be able to perform this effect in almost ANY situation that you find yourself in. I hope that helps.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results