Control :: New Video & Podcast

Aug 31, 2007
Oh, something else I wanted to ask. You can perform the pulse stop on either wrists? Both at the same time? Because, perhaps you could first have them think of a person, number, etc. Then, you could have them check your pulse. Peform Control. Once, the pulse has stopped, reveal the red marks on your wrist to have formed into their thought (Stigmata). Would that work out?

Sep 1, 2007
There's something that I have always been curious about this effect. Essentially, I don't think you can present this kind of thing on stage. It's more for a small group kind of thing, am I correct?

However, my most important question is, there is only one spectator who is feeling your pulse slow down, right? I was wondering, how could the reactions from only one spectator be transferred so immensely to the other people who presumable, are just watching the spectator feel your pulse? I mean, they don't see any visual magic happening, Control focuses more on your sense of touch --- however, only one spectator gets to do that. The rest just watch. Wouldn't the rest of the audience perhaps ask if he/she was a "stooge" designed to be part of the trick? I'm not quite sure why they are reacting so strongly.

Please tell me if you don't understand. It's kinda hard to put it into words.

Oh, and please keep in mind, I'm not posting this in a negative way. I am merely asking a curious question. I am definitely buying Control... but not 'til I get some more clarification.

Thanks! :)

When Wayne performs Control in the Stigmata dvd, he has his spectator count everytime she feels his pulse(1..2..3..etc.)and then it slows down and stops somewhere around 20. This lets all other spectators know exactly what's happening and when. Even though they can't feel your pulse stop too, in essence, they hear it.

I'm going to go out on limb hear and predict this to be Wayne's greatest release yet. Why? Because this effect is even more powerful than Stigmata, it's impromptu with no gimmicks, and can be done naked(who doesn't like performing naked?). Also it looks like it's going to be flat-out hilarious and features Danny G's "Stop" plus a watch stop routine. How could you go wrong?

But the main reason this dvd is going to be great can only be described by using one word: RANDALL

'Nuff said,
Zeus

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 14, 2007
With Danny's bonus affect on the DVD (Stop) can the spectator put their hand on your heart instead of their ear(so they feel your heart stop not hear it)?

Dec 25, 2007
hey wayne,
thanks for being a constant inspiration to me...Im a 12 year old australian kid and there arent any magic shops or magicians down here so Im trying to be the first lol....thanks for constantly producing new effects, I repsect your work more than anyones,
thanks heaps,
adam

I was just wondering..is the older version any harmful to you at all? like if it is, what precautions should I take, or, what can I do to make it less harmful if it is. Because I dont think ill be getting waynes any time soon even though I am dying to but I dont have the money. But I will.. oneday..hopfully.

ps. the new effect looks AMAZING. great job wayne, ive been diggin your stuff for a long while now.

L

Liam Carrie

Wayne, Can i ask, Control isn't that stupid ball under armpit effect right?
if it isnt, i'm fooled :)

waynehouchin

theory11 artist
Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Chico, CA
www.waynehouchin.com
Wayne, Can i ask, Control isn't that stupid ball under armpit effect right?
if it isnt, i'm fooled :)

Liam! How are you? To answer your question - NO - Control is not the old ball under arm method. There is nothing under your arm, there are no gimmicks, there is no psychological suggestion involved, & it is completely safe.

As a side note - there was nothing important edited out of the Control performance:

http://media.theory11.com/1019-Control---Performance

The performance that you see is EXACTLY what happens. I mention this only because I've been asked a few times if there is pre-show work involved - and NO there is not. I hope you enjoy!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results