Digital Dissolve + J.S.?

Search! Search! Search! :)

Yes, it comes with both the dvd and coins. And no, it's not cheap. Nothing made by Jamie Schoolcraft is cheap, I can assure you of that one! LOL!

Just that when you order something in bulk (like the T11 guys did), you get them for a better deal. Then you can pass that savings onto the customer, and they get it for less money.

Best.
Steve

Search! Search! Search! :)

Yes, it comes with both the dvd and coins. And no, it's not cheap. Nothing made by Jamie Schoolcraft is cheap, I can assure you of that one! LOL!

Just that when you order something in bulk (like the T11 guys did), you get them for a better deal. Then you can pass that savings onto the customer, and they get it for less money.

Best.
Steve

Well I mean for Schoolcraft gaffed coins, it seems relatively cheap.

Thanks for the info, gotta add this to my list of stuff to get soon.

Thanks,
Evan

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
Well I mean for Schoolcraft gaffed coins, it seems relatively cheap.
You hit the nail on the head. These coins alone could easily be priced at double the amount of Digital Dissolve, simply because they are Schoolcraft coins. The workmanship and quality of the coins themselves is unparalleled.

Do a coin switch to a shim and you're set.

Thanks for the answer Jon, I think this is now 3rd on my list of things to get, the list now being;

1: distortion,
2: Guardians,
3: Digital Dissolve,
and 4: Panic

Thanks,
Evan

Sep 1, 2007
Ohio
www.myspace.com
I tell you what;

Digital Dissolve WITH the schoolcraft coins at that price Absolutely BLEW me away, I mean common now. I love coin magic, and when I saw this well I almost........well we won't mention that here ;)

bjBueno

theory11 artist
Aug 31, 2007
M5, And other Magnetic Ideas:

There is something cool hidden in Digital Dissolve (Thank you schoolcraft) you can wave your hands over the Copper coin and have it change into Silver and everything is in your spectators hands.

My personal preference is to do the routine the way Dan White performs it in Digital Dissolve, but I love the idea of using shims when we can ;) have fun with that. I think everyone is going to love that addition to Digital Dissolve it allows you to really play with the coins and create various effects.

Sep 3, 2007
i was wondering if this effect involves many/hard slights, because even though im not into coin magic that much( and im not very good with the slights) i still really want to get this, but i dont want to practice hours and hours with one slight.

Sep 1, 2007
Thexcheat:
This is from J.Bayme and should answer your question and give you further info about the effect:
The effect utilizes both the English Penny and the American Half Dollar. It can be used everywhere because it uses coins from two countries (USA & UK), and you can show the coins front and back before, during, and after the effect. The English Pennies, I believe, are no longer circulated in the UK, but the ones you'll receive with the effect are in uncirculated condition (great) and work perfectly.

They can examine the coins to their heart's content when the effect is over. As you'll see in the DD video (incredible), Dan White allows the spectators to check out the coins extremely thoroughly before and after the performance. I've never seen a visual coin change THAT visual or THAT fast-- you'll love it. Extremely simple to perform, and you'll be able to learn it and start performing it quickly.

The bolded part at the end answers your question, but I'd read it all :).

Sep 3, 2007
i have read that before, but still, i have my doubts, like i probably shouldnt say anything more than this but, i CANNOT do any palms,switches.... nothing(with coins). and ive boughten effects where they say that its extremely easy, and it was hard(in my oppinion). someone doesnt have to answer this if it gives away the trick but, can the coins that actually switched places be examined, or are there means to make it look like that.(some mod delete this post if anything i said was, revealing it in any way)

liquidsn

Tony Chang / Creator, Be Kind Change, DVR, The Uni
Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
last time i checked... you needed to practice magic to perform it. don't want to sound mean... but if you don't want to put time and effort then don't get it.

bjBueno

theory11 artist
Aug 31, 2007
About Practice of Digital Dissolve:

Good news, you won’t be doing any palm to palm changes. When I would show this in magic conventions a lot of people thought the method was my super great palm change. :)

I believe anyone that wants to do this effect can. It does not have a huge skill entrance fee, but if you don’t like to practice I would not get it. The focus is not on slights but on how it flows from one coin to the next. The idea is to keep you on the effect not the moves.

Sep 3, 2007
"last time i checked... you needed to practice magic to perform it. don't want to sound mean... but if you don't want to put time and effort then don't get it."

*sigh* i did not want to give the impression that i do not practice or do not like to practice. and yes i know there will be a certain amount of practice that i would need to do to preform this, but these people are TOP magicians here, and when they say its easy to perform are they saying it from their point of view(as top magicians) or from a beginners mindset. what im basicaly trying to say is, would you recommend it for a beginner in coin magic?(of which i am, or even less) i still dont know if im going to buy this, even though it looks, awsome. but these comments have really helped, ty everyone.

EDIT: lol sorry for all the questions but i have one more, are the coins easily broken? i know they proabably arent but just wondering if i droped them would they crack/gimmick get broken.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
*sigh* i did not want to give the impression that i do not practice or do not like to practice. and yes i know there will be a certain amount of practice that i would need to do to preform this, but these people are TOP magicians here, and when they say its easy to perform are they saying it from their point of view(as top magicians) or from a beginners mindset. what im basicaly trying to say is, would you recommend it for a beginner in coin magic?(of which i am, or even less) i still dont know if im going to buy this, even though it looks, awsome. but these comments have really helped, ty everyone.

Coin magic is generally difficult, most of it is about developing the right muscles and finding out which to use, which can take months or even years, considering this isn't, I would reccommend it.

EDIT: lol sorry for all the questions but i have one more, are the coins easily broken? i know they proabably arent but just wondering if i droped them would they crack/gimmick get broken.

Judging by the creator of the gimmicks, I HIGHLY doubt it ;).

Sep 3, 2007
Just to be slightly anal, the creator of the gimmicks is Steve Dushek (I may be spelling his last name wrong), not Jamie Schoolcraft. Jamie is the machinist that machined the gimmick and the coins. ;)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results