Religion & Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2007
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Catholic_Church

Read the first line please.

Then the first line of the second paragraph.

Ill pm you later if you want to argue about this. But I don't care what it says, its not biblical. I don't care if they call them self Christian's, Paris Hilton said she found God in jail, and shes out doing the same old stuff. The things they do are not biblical, no where in the bible does it say you need to do works to get to heaven, they say you do. No where in the bible does it say you NEED to be baptized to god to heaven, they say you do.

The Pope prays to Mary and encourages all Catholics to do the same. In his Sunday mass in Denver in Aug.1993 John Paul II entrusted the youth and the entire world under Mary’s protection and guidance.

This is not biblical, no where in the bible does it say to do this. Christians...Real Christians do not do this, people who do this are called...catholics. WE are not the same thing, get it? or should I really go into it?

Dec 2, 2007
Straight up, the Bible says: "Jesus is our Lord and savior" it doesn't say anything about you losing your Christianity because you pray to Mary. Using your arguement, no. I don't get it. You dig Jesus, you're Christian, they dig Jesus, they're Christian.

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Guys,

Per the thread originator's request, let's not get into a discussion/debate/argument about religion. Let's stay on topic-- religion and it's influences on your magic.

I'm leaving this thread open for now.

Thanks,
TDA

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Straight up, the Bible says: "Jesus is our Lord and savior" it doesn't say anything about you losing your Christianity because you pray to Mary. Using your arguement, no. I don't get it. You dig Jesus, you're Christian, they dig Jesus, they're Christian.

What are you talking about? I did not say anything about losing your Christianity if you are a Christian and pray to Mary. I was pointing out to you some of the differences between Catholics and Christians. And if you don't understand that, get help please.

Sep 1, 2007
Guys,

Per the thread creators request, lets not get into a debate about Christianity and any other religions, any conversations on the amtter should be done via PM.

Thanks.

A debate is where to people express each others views, or maybe thats a argument, not sure. Either way, his view is a wikpedia page, that hardly qualifies as a debate. Besides, everyone now understands the difference, at least I hope they do.

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
A debate is where to people express each others views, or maybe thats a argument, not sure. Either way, his view is a wikpedia page, that hardly qualifies as a debate. Besides, everyone now understands the difference, at least I hope they do.
Regardless, if you guys wish to converse about religion via PM, then you are more than welcome to do that. However, let's keep the thread as magic related as possible.

Thanks,
TDA

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
No, no there not. Catholics believe that the only way to be saved is to be baptized into the catholic church, and they rely on works to get them to heaven.

We Christians, we believe that God died for out sins and we are saved through grace, and all we need to do is ask him to come into our life and accept his gift. We do not have to do works, because it is a gift.

Very big difference, there are other things, but I will leave it at that.

Yes, Catholics are Christians. That's like saying magic isn't an art.

Aside from that...this is deviating from the original posters intent and will probably be closed if it continues....

-ThrallMind

Dec 2, 2007
s3al, this is the last thing I am going to post, if you wish to keep this up, pm me. Catholicism is a branch of Christianity according to every major source i can referance. Maybe instead of telling me to get help you should read something about what your religion really is. There are differant denominations of religion, as there are in magic(see this is almost relevent). It's like if you were to say if you don't perform card tricks, you aren't a magician. That sounds ridiculous right? That's my point.

Sep 1, 2007
Yes, Catholics are Christians. That's like saying magic isn't an art.
-ThrallMind

This is my very last post, I don't want to get this topic locked. But please... I am sick of this. They are not Christians. We get salvation 2 entirely different ways. Its not the same thing. Don't you people get it? If they are different, they are not the same.

Sep 2, 2007
Guys,

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread. After numerous requests to stay on topic, this thread has gotten off on a tangent, away from a magic-related discussion to one solely on religion.

Everyone, of course, has choice in their own religion. Nevertheless, religious topics can get heated very quickly, like the previous one, and the forums are not the best place for discussion on religious topics, unless directly related to magic. Therefore, let's get back to the magic.

Thanks!

JTM

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results