Coming February '08 Video

Sep 2, 2007
I didn't see the point of the snap changes to 2 cards. In fact, the first one I didn't even see what card it started off as, it looked like you just spread 2 cards. Also, didn't like the speeding up

Speeding up! BS!

There is no speeding up in that video, and the snap change to two cards is better done with a black two to two red aces, 'cause it makes sense, but wutever.

Some of the transitions make it look like speeding up, but there's no speeding up. I'm JUST starting XCM but I've been in magic for a while, so..w/e.

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
The words at the beginning of the video do state he is just learning, and everybody has to start somewhere. I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt and assume he was looking for constructive criticism.

That being said, if you were looking for people to say "Wow, thats awesome!" then you probably should practice a wee bit more before posting a video.

-ThrallMind

Sep 1, 2007
Speeding up! BS!

There is no speeding up in that video, and the snap change to two cards is better done with a black two to two red aces, 'cause it makes sense, but wutever.

Some of the transitions make it look like speeding up, but there's no speeding up. I'm JUST starting XCM but I've been in magic for a while, so..w/e.

Calm down bro. First off, I thought the video was good, nice way to show things you have been practicing. Honestly the one thing that I really disliked was the filter. I know what you were going for but it made everything hard to see.

Juan M.

When did I expose the Snap Change? That's the beggining of a long string of video's I'm trying to make. I didn't put in too many cuts because I'm saving them for later.

Sheesh, you'd think I came on and posted a bunch of tutorials on how to do all the tricks Theory sells...:p

Isn't Sharpest Lives one of those scremo My Chemical Romance songs? That used to be my favorite song ever...

OK I'll give my opinion and I'll try and be non-biased. First, if this is a training video then I would master the basics like your Charlier cuts before you start teaching people the wrong way of doing things. Second, I would wait a couple of years to get more experience and by doing that you'll probably come up with more if not better skills that you can provide in your video.

Now here is my bias opinion, Don't put out a video to teach when you haven't learned how to fish yet it only makes you look like an amateur. If you really want to help others that are beginning then just wait till you learn how to do the moves correctly.

Maybe I am on Prozac...O.O Naw, it's actually Valium. :p

Just kidding. ^_^

I'm just angry because I got jumped on for...nothing, but I'll get over it. I just won't post videos online anymore. ^_^

Sorry if I scared you. }:]

Naw,..your alright you don't scare me,..I'm not sure if any one was jumping on you. You were asking for advice and thats exactly what you where getting. Constructive criticism is what we were giving you to help you not hurt you. I would like to see more of your video's after you practice more. Thats all we where saying.

Peace.

...Thanks. I'm definitely gonna practice a ton until the real video comes out. (I guess I just wanted to make this one so I could play with special effects. ^_^ I just got a new video editer.) I've been in magic for 4 years now, but I just barely started XCM. And I know I do my Charlier's wrong, force of habit. I saw Oz Pearlman do one and I tried to mimick it without knowing how. I'll have to change it.

I just watched your video. I'm going to give you some constructive criticism to try and help your magic! You seemed very very stiff throughout your video, it would help if you loosened up. When you learn to loosen up you will see that your magic and sleights will flow a lot better.

You said you tried to learn a move/trick without knowing it. That is ALWAYS a bad idea. Why? Because you don't learn the proper moves or techniques and you will end up performing the move wrong and risk exposure.

Also, if you think the grainy effect on your video made it look better... it didn't. It was quite annoying and took the focus off of the magic. As did your Simpsons PJ's.

Mitchell

Well, you did make a good effort although it wasn't the best video ever :p.

The snap change was a little unecessary due to the fact it was mainly a flourishing video. Just keep on practicing is really all I can say to get your moves down a lot smoother. You seem a little "choppy". And yes, that filter is mighty distracting.

Keep at it, don't give up, and take everything everyone says into consideration.

-RA69

Sep 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
Speeding up! BS!

I saw some speeding up...

Editing sucked. Come back later and show us a video that is great, not you just starting out.

Sep 2, 2007
Come back later and show us a video that is great, not you just starting out.
It's always good to post videos -- especially when starting out -- to receive instantaneous feedback and constructive criticism to improve, to inspire, and to challenge one's magic.

Regarding this specific video, along with what everyone stated, I would just say practice, practice, and practice some more (and perform) -- you are well on your way.

Cheers,
JTM

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results