Classic Force

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Recently in school and other places I've been performing, I've been using the Classic Force a lot. In the past, I had never used it... I definitely underestimated it.

The Classic Force is something that is hard to get the timing right, but is killer when you do. I believe there are very few things more powerful than having a spectator "freely" selecting a card from the spread, and you correctly identifying it. It has killed for me, and I'm sure many other people get the same reactions.

Also, and I got this idea from Gregory Wilson, but it's hilarious when a spectator picks a card over and over and over. It has taken a lot of hard work for me to be able to pull it off, but I'm glad that I took the time to do it.

There is no real point to this topic, except to say that the Classic Force is worth all the work you will put into it, and a lot of newer magicians greatly underestimate it. It is extremely fair looking, and extremely deceptive. Sorry if I'm wasting forum space, just thought I would share it with you guys.

Jan 6, 2008
Seattle
www.darklock.com
The classic force is one of those things most people don't use because they're convinced it won't work.

Which is great, because then those of us who do use it look all mysterious and impressive. ;)

I believe that it is a strong force... but... the BEST force is the force that works for you. If someone is comfortable using a slip force or a riffle force they should use that force. A magician shouldn't use a move that he/she is not comfortable with because then that may lead to terrible consequences for his/her performance.

Mitchell

Jan 10, 2008
My advice when using forces is to not only use one that is comfortable but to also try to use a force that appears natural.
For instance, DONT spread and fan the deck BEFORE you do rifle forces etc to someone who is sceptical because they will assume something is going on. But Most of the time, you dont have to worry though because laypeople dont knowabout forcing or why you might change the way they select a card.
But yes, the classic force, in my opinion, is the best force out there.

Also, when doing the classic force, have a BACK-UP TRICK incase the force doesn't work out well.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I agree that the best force is the one you can perform naturally, but if you put the necessary time into the Classic, I think it is the most deceptive, and nobody will ever catch you... if you do it right. ;)

Dec 13, 2007
when I have a spectator pick a card, whether its of use to the affect or not, I always try and classic force... its the best way to practice and get to know the timing of the spectator, or wether the spectator will choose in the first 10 or the last ten cards or some other place in the deck.... plus then when/if you do classic for them, it looks completely natural

AllanLuu

Banned
Aug 31, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I love the classic force.

I remember when I was practicing it I would always try and force the card and if I did I would predict the card that they chose and if not, I would go into a short ambitous card routine.

Its a good way to practice it for real people.

Aug 31, 2007
Lacey,Washington
I love the classic force. It took me about a week to really get it to get down and then after that it is a piece of cake. The timing gets easier everytime you use it.

It is the only physical card force I use anymore.

Jan 13, 2008
I do prefer a riffle force when I have something specific in mind but normally I use a classic force, I find that people need to be a lot more relaxed when doing this, but nothing is more fun for the perfomer than having a skeptic fall for a classic force, especially if they are tring to be difficult.

Chris

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Heck, I've practiced it so much, I had a spectator today who was a little less than willing, and I still forced the cards on him. This was on the bus, and another kid goes, "The whole deck is the 9 of Diamonds!" I simply agreed with him and said it was a damn good illusion as I spread through the faces of the completely normal deck. He kept quiet from then on...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results