Best Triumph Effects

Nov 19, 2007
MD
My favorite had been Oz's Emerge Triumphant...

But I just saw a performance of Kimlat's Triumph... And damn! It looks freaking awesome.

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
Well I don't know about you guys but the first time I saw Chris Kenner's 'Simple Triumph' from the 1-on-1 section, it floored me. I watched it a few more times and came up with a method of my own but I'll be buying it soon 'cause I think it's a really Simple Triumph (Funnily enough) Simple to perform and leaves LOADS of room for presentation. :)

- Sean

Jan 13, 2008
New York, USA
I'm going to be purchasing Kostya Kimlat's DVD very soon. My friend has gone to several of his lectures and says that he is really an amazing magician and his cull is like the best cull in the world.

Kenner's Triumph on the 1on1 section looks pretty nice indeed. A very classical version.

I do like Ben Earl's version but I have one problem. I hate the riffling through the cards part and the "shuffle and a cut" sequence. It's too... out of place for me and way I like to perform card magic.

Jay Sankey teaches a pretty nice version of Triumph on his impromptu dvd where two cards are selected.

Oh I almost forgot, Paul Harris' Gambler vs. Mentalist vs. Magician is a great triumph style effect. His "Unshuffling Rebecca" is also pretty cool, just not completely foolproof in my opinion. I could be wrong.

But when it comes to everyday performance for friends when im at a table, a simple Zarrow Shuffle seems just right.

If am at a table, the original is my favorite. If I'm standing up, then Bill Goodwin's/Larry Jennings gets my vote.

Advantage of the original is that you can show the cards being interlaced, which is awesome. In the Goodwin/Jennings version, the display is soo convincing, here is what the spectator sees: you interlace the cards ( faro ), riffle one part with the thumb showing it face up, riffle the other part and its face down, then push the cards flush. Hard to beat such display.

If for magicians, Tokyo's Truimph, so confusing for magicians they have no clue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Bill Malone Lightning Triumph (not too sure of the name) in his latest DVD series Vol 1.

Ben Earl's and Kostya Kimlat's version are nice but pretty tough to execute.

It's tough to beat Last Man Standing if you are looking for a in the hands triumph.

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Nacho Mamma's Triumph is so far my favorite to perform on the streets.

Chris Kenner's Simple Triumph on the 1on1 section is a close-second, as it is so simple and visual.

David

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results