What things do you carry when you go to the street?

Jan 6, 2008
Seattle
www.darklock.com
Noit that I do street magic with any kind of regularity, but if I'm going to be out in public for an extended period of time, I try to be prepared. Just in case.

- Deck of cards. I don't do gimmicks; if I need gaff cards (which I currently don't, but I'm thinking about picking up Ultragaff when it comes out), I pre-insert them in the pack. Depending on what I'm planning to do, I may pre-stack the deck a little so I can do a five-second trick on demand.

- Bottle of Purell. Clean, dry hands are really a must when you're doing card work.

- Erdnase's Expert at the Card Table, bible edition. If anyone asks how I did something, I say "it's all in here" and hand them the book. I have the little ribbon bookmark set in the palming section, because I don't palm. They'll open it to the bookmark, glance at what's there, and then hand it back. If they hang around watching, they're looking for me to palm cards, which I don't do.

Deryn

Elite Member
Sep 4, 2007
Tampa Bay, FL
www.instagram.com
Here's what I carry with me at all times:
- deck of regular cards (Endless tricks)
- deck that's prepared for 26 performances of Card Warp (great for getting away from "pick a cards")
- retractable sharpie (signed cards duh)
- 4-6 rubberbands on the wrist, size 19 (crazy man's handcuffs, link, pinnacle, etc)
- PK ring (pinnacle if no one has a ring, prohibition, etc)
- a preselected card in the wallet/back pocket/where ever

may seem like a lot but they all fit comfortably, ring=finger, bands=wrist, decks, pockets, sharpie=shirt pocket.

There are a few things I'll change up every now and again but this is my standard ^_^

Jan 11, 2008
- Erdnase's Expert at the Card Table, bible edition. If anyone asks how I did something, I say "it's all in here" and hand them the book. I have the little ribbon bookmark set in the palming section, because I don't palm. They'll open it to the bookmark, glance at what's there, and then hand it back. If they hang around watching, they're looking for me to palm cards, which I don't do.

Thats slick, not for me, but very slick.

Oct 25, 2007
I usually carry:

2- 3 decks of cards with me (regular, prepared, and gimmicked)
Ultra smoke
loops
M5/ or Raven
Preselected card in pocket or wallet
Sharpie/ regular and gaffed

At the beginning you feel weird carrying so much stuff, but after a while you kind of get used to it.

Dec 28, 2007
Finland
All the time I have Tally-Ho in Porper Card Clip, usually stacked in memorized order. Prediction in a cellphone, And a regular silver ring on finger. Most of one-coin routines can be done with a ring. I don't do street magic, but sometimes impromtu performances to friends and friends of friends.
On prearranged shows, I always have 3 decks, one Bee stacked for Any Poker Hand Called For. And two Tally-Ho decks, usually I use only one of them, but just in case something happens.. Then, I have Okito Coin box with four 2€s. And two extras, just in case.

Rubber bands on wrists sounds like a good idea, I guess I add that to my arsenal, thanks Deryn!

Jan 24, 2008
- Regular Card
- Some purrel
- A ring
- Magician Wax
- Sharpie
- Other things depending on what I am planning on doing.

Dec 5, 2007
New York City
well is my time now

-2 to 3 decks of cards
-invisible deck
-TT(sometimes when im mgoing to perform for kids)
-coins
-markers
-flash paper
-roses

Nov 8, 2007
I pretty much carry:
-a deck of cards (with a dupe)
-some coins
-pen
-sharpie.

Most of the magic I do is impromptu, so that's all I have to think about putting in my pockets. I actually have a lot more though. I have a thumb ring I use for Ring Thing. Rubberbands are always on my wrist. And my card box is the Tricycle card box. In my wallet I have a bill for DG's Life, some Fraud bills, Loops, and my wallet is set up for Kolossal Killer. I also have some of my business cards I can use for Stigmata. Also, a couple of the coins in my pocket are bent or punched out so I can use them for a PK coin bend routine and Punctured. I also have Blistered on my key chain (same as Pyro Perception but it's on a key ring).

I'm a big fan of impromptu magic, and if it's not impromptu then it has to pack small and play big--which means it pretty much has to fit into my wallet. When I go out the door all I have to remember to grab is my cards, my pens, and some coins. That's it. The rest is with me at all times whether I'm running around the corner to the gas station or going out with the expectation that I'll be doing a lot of magic.

Every now and then I'll throw the Ladybug knife or the gimmick for SAW or Northbound or something in my pocket, but normally I just carry what I listed.

Aug 31, 2007
interwebz
Usually I dont plan an outing...unless there is filming to do.

Unplanned-
deck of cards and sharpie
maybe coins
maybe a loop

planned-
camera
cameraman/woman
cards
coins
expanded shell
digital dissolve
loops