This NEEDS clearing up...

Sep 1, 2007
Hey guys,

I've heard a lot of you complaining about the prices here at Theory 11... trust me, the prices are perfect, take a look at penguin magic, $10 a trick, so many kids purchase tricks at that price and expose them on youtube it's crazy.

Remember, magic is an art and it shouldn't be given away without cost.

My second point would be that the prices aren't expensive AT all, lets take a look at distortion for instance, think about it, the classic two card transposition is an amazing effect, but with this there is no covering of the card, the pips SLOWLY and visibly adjust themselves to form a 6 of diamonds, it's incredible guys, look at it from the spectators point of view, which is what matters. Not to mention the fact you get a quality gimmick and a high resolution DVD, the same applies to panic.

Now onto Digital Dissolve, for those of you who don't know who Jamie Schoolcraft is, he is the best creator of coin gaffs, and the usual coin alone would sell for at least $80, these are the BEST of the BEST, normally costing a small fortune but available here for $35, to me that's amazing, for confirmation on schoolcrafts prices: http://coingaffs.com/.

Theory 11's prices are affordable, and all round top notch, please give the prices the respect they deserve...

Thanks

ElisG

oh and p.s, me saying so many "kids" buy them, isn't stereotyping kids as people who reveal magic, nor saying adults don't do it either, but it's usually kids.

This has been discussed already in another topic, but I agree, the prices are reasonable considering how much work and effort really is done behind the scenes.

Just try creating a DVD like that, it takes ALOT of time, skill and effort and not to mention money...after all they are a company, and no matter how dedicated it may seem they are towards magic etc...profits are still in the balance. (Not meant as a bash, just my opinion)

Sep 1, 2007
i completely agree...even the shipping price is very good compared to E...i was shocked at the shipping prices actually..the crazy shipping if i'm not wrong..is even cheaper than the cheapest shipment choices available at E

AllanLuu

Banned
Aug 31, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I won't mention any names but I really only saw one persont hat was really complaining.

ElisG is right guys, the prices are at an ok rate and shipping is not expensive at all comparing to some of the other magic shops online. Also, I don't mind if the price of a trick was a bit much, that would mean the person that wnats it really does want ti and won'y reveal it on youtube because that is somthing that they paid good money for, if theory 11 started selling 5 dollar tricks I think this place would turn into a kiddie infestation just like penguin. Not to mention probably most of the tricks would get revealed on youtube by a bunch of 2 year olds.

The prices are reasonable for a lot of us, but there's always the few who simply can't afford the items for different reasons. And I think that there should be a way around that, but I simply can't think of one. There are people out there who truly want to learn and become knowledgeable but cannot afford magic items due to financial situations.

I wish there was a way around that.

Mitchell

By the way.

When you buy a $10 trick. You get a $10 trick. In many cases the trick is worthless but they get you by claiming how great the trick is and having fake reviews about the trick itself.

These type of companies focus on Quantity and not Quality. This is where T11 is different.

I honestly believe companies that push this type of junk out, don't really care about the art. They just care about making a penny for every poor effect that can be put together by a novice and then sell it.

I had my share of purchases and I have learned a valuable lesson. If the trick looks amazing and powerful, but sells for $10. You will not be happy with it. In many cases they are not practical for performances.

I would love to give some examples, but I don't want to get in trouble. So let's just leave it at that.

T11 is providing top notch quality and it deserves to be protected from the $10 Magician that wants their 60 seconds of fame on YouTube.

Sep 1, 2007
Agreed, i know its been said but the price for digital disssolve is quite good....schoolcrafts gimmicks are quit expensive and they are top quality....so to get that and a dvd for that price is fantastic

Honestly, Quite for D.D doesn't do it justice, without a shadow of a doubt it's AMAZINGLY priced.

Sep 2, 2007
Um. . . I haven't actually bought anything yet, but I browsed through, and from what I can tell it looks like T11's prices are pretty competitive. E generally markets new, exclusive effects for anywhere from $20 to $40, roughly, and all of T11's stuff seems to fall into this range. Seems pretty reasonable to me.

Sep 2, 2007
E generally markets new, exclusive effects for anywhere from $20 to $40, roughly, and all of T11's stuff seems to fall into this range.

Hmm, I wonder why?:p Digital Distortion looks like a quick hard-hitting effect, the price of which is reasonable because it comes with everything you need. Usually gaff coins, like those for Silver Dream, cost an excess of $30 without the actual trick dvd. But $35 for D.D. with the trick and the gaff coins is not a bad deal.

Cheers,
JTM

I agree 100% the prices here are great. Just over 20 bucks and then about 30 with shipping. I think it's fair especially for the hard hitting effects shown. I personally would be every trick if I had the money but since Im strapped for cash well it helps having a DVD and the set-up less than fifty bucks.

-RA69

Aug 31, 2007
I will agree here and agree to, I think the prices are really good, there is nothing to complain about here. There just right.

Hayden.

Sep 1, 2007
What people don't understand is how good schoolcraft coins are, please spend 2 minutes browsing the through the products at www.coingaffs.com, just to see the type of price they are.

yeah, i think the prices are pretty darn good.

think of what you are actually paying for.

you're paying for a dvd, costs involved
tuition, a half hour guitar lesson costs the best part of $50
the right to perform the effect

honestly if you're complaining about prices take you're business elsewhere, and allow us all to reap the benefits

Sep 1, 2007
I agree. Prices are great. I've ordered Digital Dissolve and 2 decks of Gaurdians today. SOO EXCITED! When I first looked at the tricks the prices were the second thing i looked for (after effect) and I was amazined at how cheap they were (that doesn't mean you read this and go kick the prices up haha). I think i will invest in Distortion soon then Panic. Not taking likings to either one more, just wanting one effect more at the time lol. Okay well again, love the prices, the hard hitting effects, and the cheap shipping.

Thanks again Theory11 peoples!

Sincerly,
Spencer.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results