Japanese Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 6, 2008
Seattle
www.darklock.com
The Japanese do not exist entirely on the same plane of reality as the rest of us. Their island lies on the border between reality and fantasy.

So while their magic is amazing, once I discover it's Japanese, I'm no longer amazed. ;)

Jan 7, 2008
Dude, that's anti-semite and negative! If you don't like it, leave it at that. I know you're above ridicule.

Jan 6, 2008
Seattle
www.darklock.com
Anti-semitism is prejudice against Jews.

Being a Jew myself, I cannot possibly be accused of such a thing.

The fact is, the Japanese are too damn good at too many things. The bar is higher for them. If they don't like it, they shouldn't have been so damn good.

Jan 7, 2008
alright, I got schooled in vocubalary. I know as a rational, thinking human being, you can be above and beyond degrading people by generalizing them.

guy

Sep 1, 2007
tampa fl
www.myspace.com
Anti-semitism is prejudice against Jews.

Being a Jew myself, I cannot possibly be accused of such a thing.

The fact is, the Japanese are too damn good at too many things. The bar is higher for them. If they don't like it, they shouldn't have been so damn good.

actually, historically and translated correctly anti-semitism means anti- arab. it has nothing to do with the jewish religion. the semitic ppl where arab.

Jan 6, 2008
Seattle
www.darklock.com
actually, historically and translated correctly anti-semitism means anti- arab.

"Antisemitism (alternatively spelled anti-semitism or anti-Semitism, also known as judophobia) is prejudice and hostility toward Jews as a religious, racial, or ethnic group. While the term's etymology indicates that antisemitism is directed against all Semitic peoples, since its creation it has been used exclusively to refer to hostility towards Jews."

Of course, I'm sure that's just part of the dreaded international Jewish Zionist conspiracy.

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
Here's the OP's topic

Here's the current topic.

See that huge distance? ;)

Those effects are pretty cool. I wish there was a way to see performances of the other ones in the books.

-ThrallMind

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
Well, come on, how is thinking the Japanese are @$#!ing amazing antisemitic? It's completely absurd. How can you just walk away from that?

Heh, fair enough. Just wanted to make sure other people wouldn't click the topic, see just the last page, then the anti-semitic stuff, and go off on a tangent :p

-ThrallMind

Sep 1, 2007
Hong Kong
Japanese magic is like a genre/category of magic. It's so elegant and classy.
I think japanese magic > european magic > north american magic

Jan 6, 2008
Seattle
www.darklock.com
I don't think it's fair to omit China and other Asian countries from that. The entire Pacific rim frequently pops out these amazing performers; I've seen some Thai magicians that are just mind-blowing.

I'd say Asian Pacific > Eastern European > Western European > North American.

Basically, as you head west, things just suck more and more.

And here I am on the west coast of the US. I must really suck.

Jan 7, 2008
Okay, we got off subject here. Forget the I hate so and so nationality and the this culture, what did people honestly think of the tricks?

Aug 31, 2007
For people who have both 5x5 Japan and New magic of Japan which book do you think is better?

Thanks.

Sep 2, 2007
Guys,

I'm going to close this thread per the request of Jacob 2.0. This thread has gotten on a tangent, and away from Jacob's intent for posting it.

Moreover, it is difficult to discern emotions and intent from words on a computer screen. Thus, while one may being sarcastic, joking, or giving a complement, it can be misinterpreted for something else.

Therefore, if there are any questions, comments, or concerns regarding posts, threads, etc., please do hit the Report a Post button, or contact myself or another moderator via PM, and let us know immediately. Be as detailed as possible, and we'll handle the situation accordingly.

Thanks,
JTM

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results