Control Questions

Oct 13, 2007
Hello everyone, I have a couple of questions regarding control. First off how powerful is this effect because I asked my dad about it and he said, "What is so amazing about that?" So I wanted to know how powerful it actually is and if Stop taught by Daniel Garcia is practical. Also would it be possible to perform Control and Stop at the same time? If any of these questions you can't answer because of revealing the method issues then I understand.

-Guy

WDF

Oct 12, 2007
Nashville NC
I think of it like this I can tell you that I am a magician and I can stop my pulse and you would say cool thats impressive. I show friends magic tricks on you-tube and even teaser of new effects and they all say wow thats cool, awesome etc. Yet, when they see it in person or they sit and watch me preform it they flip out.

You will always get a better reaction when the effect is personally. When the magic happens in the spectators hands or right in front of them do they tend to believe it the most.

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
In my opinion, the effect isnt so much the effect that gets them, as much as how you play it out and how well you act. Think of the ACR. "I take a card, put it into the deck, and it jumps back to the top." Not impressive when said like that. But, when you see the performance, it makes a world of a difference. It's all about the presentation.

-ThrallMind

Sep 1, 2007
Magic and theater are one in the same, it's presentation that gives you a standing ovation or an awkward cough in the back of the silent audience.

Someone says "I'm going to be acting out Romeo and Juliet!" people think, "Hmm, I would like to see the show." Not "Wow, a bunch of people fall into a love triangle? lame." It's a show they want, it's a show they need.

Yes you can do Stop! and Control at the same time, actually thats how I picture myself performing this for bigger crowds.

Nov 30, 2007
Midlands, England
Yes, Control kills, but as stated before, it's the way it's presented. Act like you're dying.

Stop IS practical, I guess the method's just a knack really. Once you've got it, you've got it.

And in theory Control and Stop could be performed at the same time, but it'd be a little awkward, with someone on your chest, and someone taking your pulse. It'd also require a lot of skill to get the timing of both right.

Hope this clears things up! If you want, check out a review Here

Oct 13, 2007
Yeah I had a quick question:

Is the method basically the same for the self stopping pulse part of Luke Jermay's
For Andruzzi?

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
Yeah man. Control is an awesome effect. But the performance is EVERYTHING!!! The trick is like "ok cool" but if you're stopping you're pulse, and you're just sitting there like you're waiting for a bus, no one is going to be that impressed.

Sell yourself, act like you are dying.

And Stop is also a awesome effect and is very practical. They actaully recommend you performing Stop after Control, if you want to.

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
Hello everyone, I have a couple of questions regarding control. First off how powerful is this effect because I asked my dad about it and he said, "What is so amazing about that?" So I wanted to know how powerful it actually is and if Stop taught by Daniel Garcia is practical. Also would it be possible to perform Control and Stop at the same time? If any of these questions you can't answer because of revealing the method issues then I understand.

-Guy

I think you've kind of wrecked it by saying in advance what is going to happen. I think Control is all about the shock and the performance.

D

Deleted member 2755

Control and Stop can be performed at the same time, however it isn't really practical to do so.

Control is not similar to any other pulse stop.

No, it is not unhealthy and does not require anything under your arm

Yes it hits hard. Most people know you cannot live without your heart beat, if someone doesn't find the fact that you can stop your heart and with good presentation too.... well they clearly never took health class in school. ;)

-Doug

-Guy

Think about it this way. Have you ever watched somebody die? It's like that. With practice, you can make yourself appear to die. That feeling is unbelieveable. Your dad probably hasn't witnessed Control, or any other pulse stop effect, so he probably doesn't understand the full effect.

Stop is an amazing effect, but it is sort of awkward. If you're the type of person that will try anything and everything, and isn't afraid of that, then it's very practical. Otherwise, it'll stick to just your family and friends.

Technically you could perform Control and Stop at the same time, but I wouldn't suggest it.

Dec 2, 2007
Kansas
Can control be done with no shirt?

Having them check your pulse while you perform fake heart pain as you grab your chest is what im thinking.

Jan 13, 2008
Can control be done with no shirt?

Having them check your pulse while you perform fake heart pain as you grab your chest is what im thinking.

Yes it can be done without a shirt, it can be done naked infact.

I think that fake chest pain, grabbing your chest, etc would turn this effect from a beautiful piece that can have a major psychological impact on your audience, into a cheesy magic trick, just my opinion.

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
I think that fake chest pain, grabbing your chest, etc would turn this effect from a beautiful piece that can have a major psychological impact on your audience, into a cheesy magic trick, just my opinion.

And i agree...
You do not wanna overreact it...

Dec 2, 2007
Kansas
Yes it can be done without a shirt, it can be done naked infact.

The questions was more to figure out if a gaff was visible.

Oct 13, 2007
Is it possible to be hooked up to an EKG monitor during this effect? Or will the monitor continue to show a pulse?

Sep 5, 2007
The pulse can only be checked from the arm? What about from the neck?

Let me know if im asking too much, but does the person place its finger at the ACTUAL spot of the pulse?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results