What got you into Cardistry/Flourishing?

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Yo, what got you into cardistry/flourishing? Which video got you hooked? What was your first move?

For me; the thing that got me into cardistry/flourishing was magic. I first started off doing magic a few months ago (March 2007) and after seeing Brian Tudor, Dan, Dave and De'vo do their stuff (in June 2007) I was
hooked. My first move was obviously the Charlier.

What about you guys?

Aug 31, 2007
UK
Daniel Chard was probably the first flourisher I saw on MVD and he introduced me to dan and dave and decknique and it all escalated from there.

Aug 31, 2007
Singapore
Dan and dave's spring jam 2003 got me INTO flourishing, but i had always wanted to learn it but was too lazy to start until i saw that.

first move: swing cut

Sep 1, 2007
Amsterdam
Jeffy Mcbride, he doesnt do much flourish no but all his performances has a slight bit of flashy stuff in it, a perfect mix of flourshes and magic. so my first move is all the Fanning moves he does in no particular order.

Sep 1, 2007
Surrey.U.K
About seven months ago i stumbled across Decknique, i think thats all i need say! First move was 3 Ply by Pierre(Antidagger)

hyo

Sep 1, 2007
I guess what got me really into Flourishing was Card Magic. I had seen so many sick videos like Spring Jam and Kevin Ho's stuff, and I just couldn't resist to start all this since I was already kinda addicted to cards thru my card magic.

The video which really inspired me was Suit yourself by Jonas Haglund (I never knew who created it 'til last week when I saw it on DN again xD - Thanks Jonas!) and Kevin Ho's youtube channel.

hm... my first move was probably the simple Chalier cut which I learned almost 2 years ago just by watching some poker video...

Sep 3, 2007
Romania
To be honest i was looking for some tricks and card manipulation stuff on the net some years ago and i have seen some superhandz promos.I was so amazed that i started learning right away from the promos.But after a while i realized that i won't make a diference doing only those moves and i started creating my own stuff right away.I invented the triad inside a triangle only after 3 months of ''xcm'' how de'vo called it.Then i explored more the one handed and 2 handed scluptures and i invented some more stuff that i added in some of my videos on decknique.
I never participated in HL tournaments etc because i dindn't liked the entire secret stuff...plus I'M A GOD, I'M THE BEST, I'M THE ONLY ARTIST, I INVENTED ALL stuff from you know who.
;)
I posted a challenge once for the so called ULMEN MASTERS for a 5 diferent onehanded sculptures comco and was deleted.Then i posted a video with my triad inside a square and i was banned(he said it's underground stuff that he invented..lol)
Then i started looking for another place,community and for my luck i found decknique that had great people, great manipulators, and a lot FREE stuff to learn, new ideeas concepts etc.I forgot about Dan and Dave's site...it's great but i haven't really been a true member there.
Now i hope this site will have new members with new ideeas that love this art as much as the people from DN,DND etc, and are willing to share with other people their ideeas so that we can all explore them.
That's my story in cardistry.
All i said is TRUE so please don't edit or delete anything even if someone's feeling are hurt.
;)

Funny one for me. It was back in 2004 when I saw the Buck Twin's site linked from Oz Pearlman's old Watch Magic page... yeah. I checked out Spring Jam 2003 and I was hooked. I bought the System that Christmas hoping for it to arrive, but unfortunately it didn't. I got it shortly after my birthday in the following January and that is when I officially started flourishes.

The rest as they say; is history.

Jordan

Sep 1, 2007
USA
I was doing magic when the blackjack commercial came out and my mom asked me "hey can you do that" , of coarse I said no but i searched on the internet until i found out a place where i could find out how to flourish (well at the time i didn't know what it was called) so i finally found the system by dan and dave buck

Aug 31, 2007
Michigan
Well for me simply.....

I saw this like 10 minute video on YouTube of these guys(that seriously look like nerds) that were doing all these amazing things n stuff. I think now most of it is in the Encyclopedia. I am like "WTF is that?" The title of the video was XCM, so I went around searching for stuff on YouTube on how to do a few basics, when I ran into and fell in love(not like that) with CardShark.

First move for me was the Swivel Cut CS was teaching.

Sep 3, 2007
Dk - Denmark
i started at an European pen spinning gathering in germany. One of the other pen spinners, called michael, made some fans and stuff and i wanted to learn that too.

My first think was either the thumb fan or the charlier, cant remember :S

Sep 3, 2007
New Jersey
I got into cardistry/flourishes from a good friend of mine. He showed me some and I was interested so I set out to learn. My first move was the Charlier cut as well.

Sep 2, 2007
A while ago I saw someone perform a thumb fan. I thought to myself: "that's awesome, I want to learn how to do it." So i got an old pack of aviators (still have that deck, its like 5 years old now) and started practicing until i got it right. to this day, my motivation to learn moves usually starts with that thought, and my reward is being able to do the move to my own satisfaction. Some moves gave me more of a "i really want to learn that" feeling, the moves that did that most were things like the spring, anaconda, pirouette, and mockingbird, to name a few.

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
I saw a video on Google Videos. After watching that I had to get started. its truely inspiring watching the Buck twins, Tudor and people alike.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results