Smoking Aces

Sep 1, 2007
austria
well mate, that's very little info, i have no idea what you're talking about.
a link to a clip or a better description will be necessary i guess.

EDiT:
ok, since i have the dvd at home i skipped through and found what you mean, he spins the ace of spades on his thumb but in a vertical position. honestly, i don't know this trick but i'm quite sure it can be done, i just don't know how and if it's explained somewhere. i'll definetely check back to see if anyone else knows something about it...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
Yes it's possible and from what I remember reading it involves a gimmick that's available somewhere but I couldn't tell you where being as I don't know.

Someone around here must know for sure - but from what I remember there's a little gimmick.

- Sean

Oct 19, 2007
Yes it's possible and from what I remember reading it involves a gimmick that's available somewhere but I couldn't tell you where being as I don't know.

Someone around here must know for sure - but from what I remember there's a little gimmick.

- Sean

no u can not do this dan and dave said on there forums that its one of those "only camera tricks" but u probably can make a gimmick to do so

Jan 7, 2008
I asked the same question in other forums on sites (and only got smart ass answers on the dananddave.com forum), all I've found out is that it was designed by Paul Harris, and everyone claims it is a camera only trick. Paul has an extensive library of information for sale, but that'd be the place to start. That Shuriken Card looks cool, however, and there is a similar trick on the Xtreme beginners dvd by De'vo, except the card is facing the ground when spinning. I've personally tried clothing snaps, earing with earing backs, a tack with a thumbtip, and even the spinning parts of Lego toys. I've yet to duplicate this trick. Let me know your progress and findings however!

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando Fl
however, and there is a similar trick on the Xtreme beginners dvd by De'vo, except the card is facing the ground when spinning. I've personally tried clothing snaps, earing with earing backs, a tack with a thumbtip, and even the spinning parts of Lego toys. I've yet to duplicate this trick. Let me know your progress and findings however!

Are you talking about a piruoette?

PhilTheMagician

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
The wind elemental is SO stupid....who the hell is going to tote around a huge ass fan to do a card flourish with?

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
Well, like is said in the DVD.

It's not so much to do a flourish with (Although you can do some pretty cool things with it - and no doubt they would look good on stage or something)

It's more to get the XCM'ers creative juices going, enabling them to come up with new moves and discover old ones for themselves etc. :)

- Sean

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results