What got you into Cardistry/Flourishing?

Sep 3, 2007
Well, Me and Kelly got into magic a long while back, back when my dad passed down the old stripper deck, then his mother bought a dvd... CRADLE TO GRAVE!!!
Spending way to much for it, we saw, we learned, then conquered!

First thing was david blaine who got me into magic and i started doing mostly card magic that lead me to minpulations and flourishes and my first moce was the charlier and swivel cut. then i was introduced to dan and dave on ellusionist and i regret buying the trilogy there for 85 bucks but gosh is it an amazing product or what? DND are amazing love their work cant wait to get the system and see more. so i started learning a ton of new stuff and now i have been doing flourishing for about 4 months kinda new to it but gettin better ever day

Aug 31, 2007
Learnt a BRS back then a long, long time ago.

Then it was Superhandz.

Then it was the Bucks.

Then Decknique.

Now this.

- harapan. magic!

Aug 31, 2007
Michigan
My real story on how I got into XCM.

Well I must say it is a long story, but here it goes.

I was laying in bed one day. Yesterday my friend gave me some money, but he didn't tell me what he wanted me to do with it. I don't know why he didn't tell me what to get him, or if he wanted me to spend the money any way I wanted too. He also knew that I was going on a trip to Austrailia on my private jet, so maybe he gave it to me for that, but still I was unsure.

On my way to Austrialia, the pilot came on the radio saying they were experiencing problems with the engine and would have to make an unexpected stop. But while giving the message he started screaming. I was unsure why, but I had to get up to check what was going on. As I rose from my seat, he came out of the cockpit screaming as he smashed through the door. There was a snake bitting him on the neck! I yelled "There are motherf***ing snakes on the motherf***ing plane!" Luckly we were flying low at the time about to land somewhere in Indonesia, I grabbed the parachute next to me, and the dingy package. I opened the door, put the parachute on, and jumped out, immediately opening the parachute; landing in the water. I quickly opened the dingy package and got in it. To my knowledge, I was over Indonesia, but really, about 10 miles off the coast of China!

Ten days pass as I try to work my way onto mainland China, it took a while but I finally got there, I also checked my phone, no call from my friend. As I got on land I was met by this man, he told me in fluent English, "Follow me" He took me to his house. He fed and clothed me, while I was eating, I politly asked him what his name was. Turning out to be Wuang Hung Lo. He said he was an "Extreme Card Manipulator" At first I was confused by his responce. I asked him what it was, again he told me to follow him. I followed him into this room, sitting in the middle of the table lay an unopened Jerry Nugget. He opened it and started pulling off these amazing manipulations as he called "Jackson 5" and "Sybil". He wanted to keep it a secret from me, so he didn't exactly tell me how he learned it except that some of what he showed me was on the System. I had no idea what it was though. He gave me the Nuggets as a gift.

Huang Hung Lo gave me money for a plane ticket back home. I flew back home, and when landed, my friend called me and told me to go to this bookstore to pick something up for him, which is why he gave me the money, as he was too busy to get it himself, and tell the clerk his name. I went to the bookstore as his request and told the clerk his name. As he was about to pull the book up, I looked over and saw on the shelf, THE SYSTEM! I was surprised, but I wouldn't have enough money for it after I got him his book. The clerk then look up at me with a smirk, I looked down and saw, Tiny Little Pony Adventure Strategy Guide. I then said "WTF! Screw Tiny Little Pony!" I then ran over to the shelf, grabbed the System, and bought it with that bastards money.

I then took it home, started learning, and finally went up to this mess.

Well that is my true story on how I started XCM. I hope you enjoyed it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 4, 2007
Oh well. I saw all the HL stuff on Youtube back in February or so, and thought it was pretty cool, so I decided to start focusing on learning flourishes. Back then I had already learnt several things such as the Charlier, though it can't be considered complete mastery.

First XB, then now the Trilogy which I'm about to get soon.

Sep 1, 2007
Singapore
Well for me, its 10 months back. When i first saw dan and dave's system on ellusionist. Searched the internet, when to 21 ace, heard a name called decknique and it all started from there.

First move learnt? Wicked cut from allan.D then madonna 1, and blah blah blah, was at decknique daily.

Well four months before i started flourishing i was kinda into magic but didn't know where to get my resources especially when i do not own a credit card, so i had to scour the streets, until i came across magic castle( a shop in singapore). Do they sell dan and dave? no, i got a pirated copy of the system from yahoo auction, sorry but thats how i started. Then now the trilogy (don't worry, my copy of trilogy ain't fake)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_eghiC9WVc. Thats my first flourishing video. I hope to do more in the future

Vinnie C.

cardistry moderator / t11
Aug 31, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Well I must say it is a long story, but here it goes.

I was laying in bed one day. Yesterday my friend gave me some money, but he didn't tell me what he wanted me to do with it. I don't know why he didn't tell me what to get him, or if he wanted me to spend the money any way I wanted too. He also knew that I was going on a trip to Austrailia on my private jet, so maybe he gave it to me for that, but still I was unsure.

On my way to Austrialia, the pilot came on the radio saying they were experiencing problems with the engine and would have to make an unexpected stop. But while giving the message he started screaming. I was unsure why, but I had to get up to check what was going on. As I rose from my seat, he came out of the cockpit screaming as he smashed through the door. There was a snake bitting him on the neck! I yelled "There are motherf***ing snakes on the motherf***ing plane!" Luckly we were flying low at the time about to land somewhere in Indonesia, I grabbed the parachute next to me, and the dingy package. I opened the door, put the parachute on, and jumped out, immediately opening the parachute; landing in the water. I quickly opened the dingy package and got in it. To my knowledge, I was over Indonesia, but really, about 10 miles off the coast of China!

Ten days pass as I try to work my way onto mainland China, it took a while but I finally got there, I also checked my phone, no call from my friend. As I got on land I was met by this man, he told me in fluent English, "Follow me" He took me to his house. He fed and clothed me, while I was eating, I politly asked him what his name was. Turning out to be Wuang Hung Lo. He said he was an "Extreme Card Manipulator" At first I was confused by his responce. I asked him what it was, again he told me to follow him. I followed him into this room, sitting in the middle of the table lay an unopened Jerry Nugget. He opened it and started pulling off these amazing manipulations as he called "Jackson 5" and "Sybil". He wanted to keep it a secret from me, so he didn't exactly tell me how he learned it except that some of what he showed me was on the System. I had no idea what it was though. He gave me the Nuggets as a gift.

Huang Hung Lo gave me money for a plane ticket back home. I flew back home, and when landed, my friend called me and told me to go to this bookstore to pick something up for him, which is why he gave me the money, as he was too busy to get it himself, and tell the clerk his name. I went to the bookstore as his request and told the clerk his name. As he was about to pull the book up, I looked over and saw on the shelf, THE SYSTEM! I was surprised, but I wouldn't have enough money for it after I got him his book. The clerk then look up at me with a smirk, I looked down and saw, Tiny Little Pony Adventure Strategy Guide. I then said "WTF! Screw Tiny Little Pony!" I then ran over to the shelf, grabbed the System, and bought it with that bastards money.

I then took it home, started learning, and finally went up to this mess.

Well that is my true story on how I started XCM. I hope you enjoyed it.

Dude, the same thing happened to me. :)

-Vince

Sep 1, 2007
Las Vegas
Well I had been doing magic for a little bit and I decided to learn kevins KFC as a cool false cut for my magic. I learned it and then found decknique and learned the pivotal cut from the tut section. Although it took a few months for me to get bit by the flourish bug I eventually did and well have been flourishing since

Sep 2, 2007
Stockholm Sweden
Well i have been doing Card Magic for some time now and ever since i started i have had a deck of cards with me where ever i go. After a while i found www.dananddave.com on a forum and i was hooked. I have only been doing Flourishing for like 1 month now, but i love to practice and love to watch it.

Sep 1, 2007
Macau
www.jeffteo.com
Brian Tudor’s Generation Extreme in July 2005. Found out the System through it and bought both (didn’t know about dananddave.com until I saw the address on the DVD). Started to practice like crazy and made my Evolution after 5 months. After that, I would say Jordan and the Bucks are the ones who keep me going.

Sep 1, 2007
Denmark
Well I was into magic and I was just surfing around on E's forums and I stumbled across Jeff Evolution.
That video made me freak (I still love it)! I watched for hours non-stop, and I bla bla...

"The rest is history"

EDIT: First post on T11!!

Sep 4, 2007
new york
BUCKS! I saw dan and dave, I couldn't wait to get the trilogy when it came out but I had to wait until last week to get it and now I'm hooked, especially on vertigo that one appealed to me the most cause a lot of my friends play hacky sack so now they're impressed that I can't play regular hacky sack but I can hacky a packet of cards.

Sep 12, 2007
last april 2007 i saw the video of the fallowing card artists...the first one is jordan lapping (laughing while watching his video..because of amazement), then daren yeow, kev H..then when I saw the trailer of the buck twins...F**k!! after watching it, i quickly ran to the nearest magic shop and bought the system...and the rest is history!!!!!

first moves that I mastered is the sybil cut and madonna II (8hrs a day) it took me almost 1 month...but the hard work paid off because when i try the other moves i quikly learn them..

-chiemeister

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results