The Ambitious Thread

Sep 9, 2007
It's amazing, all you have to do is post, and poof! the thread's on top!

[/end lame joke]

Anyone know a great resource for ambitious card routines? I want to work on my own little ACR but would like some inspiration...

Jan 27, 2008

[/end lame joke]

Anyone know a great resource for ambitious card routines? I want to work on my own little ACR but would like some inspiration...

Well, Card College Volume 2 and 4 and Expert Card Technique teaches a bunch of phases that can be included into your A.C.R.

..:Z:..

Sep 1, 2007

[/end lame joke]

well, Crash Course 2 from E is pretty good, it teaches some ambitious movies as well as good utility moves you can use all the time.

It can be obtained

here

Juan M.

D

Deleted member 2755

well, Crash Course 2 from E is pretty good, it teaches some ambitious movies as well as good utility moves you can use all the time.

It can be obtained

here

Juan M.

I agree. The Crash Course series is great. I recommend it. You can also get Fallen. Once you know the sleights from the Crash Course series, you can then maybe even make up your own sleights. Crash Course 1 has some small neat effects that you could probably incorporate into your ambitious card routine. :D Hope that helps.

-Doug

Sep 1, 2007
New Zealand
Crash Course 2 is a really really good source. Has alot of different moves, well known, and not so well known. Plus some work on passes

AllanLuu

Banned
Aug 31, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
On the market today, there are sooo many different videos, books, pdf's etc. on the Ambitious card and each one has its goods and bads.

The ambitious card is one of my favorite routines to date and I have it in my routine and it has taken me months to come up with it, I have gone through the in's and outs of this routine.

If anyone needs any help with this routine, feel free to pm me whenever you want or add me up on my aim account.

Dec 28, 2007
Finland
I found Daryl's Ambitious Card Video very useful.
Tommy Wonder had a wonderful ACR, best of what I've seen.

In general, I think ACR is a routine that you have to build carefully, otherwise it comes *snap* and I got the card to the top.

Feb 3, 2008
Raleigh, NC
I honestly learned the ACR in Crash Course 2 because the All Ellusionist DVD Collection is where I started when I wanted to get a kick start back into magic. (Yes, I spent lots of money...) I used to play around with magic kits like Marvin's Magic when I was a kid and then stopped, this new magic I found was a "cool" version of what I used to do.

Anywho, Crash Course 2 is a very good basis to start the ACR on, but once you start learning other sleights you can start to mix things up. I mix things up a lot. I know a lot of magicians will probably say that its not a good idea to perform if you don't have a solid routine down, but my ACR is almost never the same every time I perform it. It always has a lot of the same moves, but never exactly the same all together. I usually try to tailor it to my audience before I start performing it. I'll decide what I'm going to do right before and I'll do it, it hasn't failed me yet :D

-Cyrus

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results