Top 5 Impromptu Card Tricks?

Sep 3, 2007
Strongest Effects that are dead simple you can do in your sleep:

Sandwhich effect. My own variation..make sure each faze gets increasingl inpossible.

Biddle trick..I like to get the "5" cards and say was it... no wait .. until i say there cards name they say yes..then tent vanish any one of the 4 cards and it hightesns the effect massively.

Standing Challenge By Aaron Fisher..This is in his book The Paper Engine and is deffinetly a magician fooler. So completely fries lay people i highly recomment you pick up his book its awesome.

Buffaload- An erdnase idea with suprise ending..This is the cleanest 2 card tranposition iv ever seen and i love performing it..It fries magicians and uses no duplicates. Seriously clever.

52 to 1. Dunno whose this is by but still an awesome different effect where they select a card its returned and shuffles. then u deal one card to the spectator and 1 to you alternatly till no cards are left. Then again u deal from your piles alternatly half each so they have 39 now u only have 13. keep doing this till you only have 1 and they have 51. What are the odds you have they card? Well you do. Killer trick

Regards, The Dude

Sep 3, 2007
Biddle trick.
Ambitious card.
Any good sandwich effect especially if it's in their hands.
Any good card switch from spectator's hand.
The variation on the selection transportation to a 4 of a kind which I like a lot (done in the spectator's hand) which I learned off of James Brown's Still Fancy a Pot of Jam (it's called Diminishing Cards or something like that, it uses the Diminishing Lift sequence).

Sep 1, 2007
card matrix? where is that taught? Is it on his Green Magic series?

I learnt it straight from Lennart during the Melbourne magic convention.
I assume that it's on one of his DVDs also tho.
He is a great guy, one of the most approachable and down to earth genius' there are about the place I'd say.

Just imagine a coin matrix, but revesed.
you put the cards under the coins.

Sep 3, 2007
Romania
1.A trick i camed up with(i hope it's original <---> i do a spread,...a spectator chooses a card(any card) then he inserts it back into the deck.I slap the deck and instanly all the cards in the deck turn face up, only he's card remains face down...and i end up totaly clean.
2.Ambitious card routine.
3.KAOS - i forgot who invented it
4.STIGMATA by Wayne Houchin
5.Any force can be turned into a great trick.There are a million posibilities.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 31, 2007
Dancedany make sure you check your crediting on Kaos. It is not Daniel Garcia's and I warn you because its creator is on these forums.

And for the creator...you can never forget simple switch!

Here's my 2 cents on this topic :

- Triumph, definitively one of my best reaction getters !
- 4, 5, 6 packet trick in Sal Piacente's expert card magic lecture notes. Looks absolutely impossible ! (quite similar to Devastation on Geoff William's "Miracles for Mortals", but stronger in my opinion).
- The eye of Stonehenge by Lennart Green
- Stigmata by W:H of course, so simple to perform and yet SO hard hitting
- KAOS, by Sean Beard...WOW a signed CTW which is also impomptu !!! Could you ask for more ?

I didn't mention it here, as it requires a pen to sign a card, flash paper and a lighter (not so impromptu, so a bit off topic, but appart from that "The Phoenix Effect" from Jay Sankey is unbelievable !)

Reactions: rosstrainer08
Sep 1, 2007
Mary Kate & Ashley - Brett Bishop

Hello.
I am looking for a trick called Mary Kate & Ashley - Brett Bishop.
I can't find it.
Where can I see or read this perormance?
I have never heard about this trick.
Hope you can help:)

Aug 31, 2007
Lacey,Washington
what does impromptu mean?...what is impromptu?
1. Prompted by the occasion rather than being planned in advance: an impromptu party.
2. Spoken, performed, done, or composed with little or no preparation; extemporaneous: a few impromptu remarks. See Synonyms at extemporaneous.

adv. With little or no preparation; extemporaneously.

Dancedany make sure you check your crediting on Kaos. It is not Daniel Garcia's and I warn you because its creator is on these forums.

And for the creator...you can never forget simple switch!

Well He worked with Sean Beard to create the new effect, so you could say Co-creator.

My Favorite tricks on the spot.

ACR
Weighted Ace - Greg Wilson
Time Machine - Not Sure
Snow Flake (I think, taught on David Stone's DVD, the one where the deck disappears and your left with 4 cards)
2CM
The Joker reveale (Joker in Ghost Deck)

Cheers, Tom

Aug 31, 2007
Two words:

Paul Cummins

The stuff in FASDIU 1 and 2 is just as the name implies, from a shuffled deck in use, and some of the most hard hitting and practical material one can find anywhere.

I use quite a few things from these works on a regular basis.

Cody

Jul 29, 2008
Hi folks, I want to learn magic card tricks. Actually I want to take this as a profession and I want to earn money through this. I know a decent number of card tricks and I'm pretty good at them, but now I'd like to turn that into some cash. I don't want to do "magic shows" for kid’s parties or corporate events; I just want to do card tricks for people on the street. How can I make money with card tricks?

Sep 1, 2007
England
It's virtually impossible to earn good money by doing card tricks for people you walk up to on the street. I would suggest you get a proper job and keep magic as your hobby. It's much more fun that way around.

Tom

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results