Torn Asunder

Sep 1, 2007
Your welcome, but the main purpose of this thread was to have Chris talk a little bit about Torn Asunder.

Sep 1, 2007
No, not everything. One thing I wanted to know was if this could be done live exactly as Copperfield performed it ( with playing cards, of course). I'd really like to see that videotape that Chris sent to David with him performing it!

Sep 1, 2007
Just one quick request, could you all please stop calling every torn and restored card effect a "TnR"? TnR is the name of one effect, not the whole torn and restored card plot. It could get confusing.

While you at it, please stop saying "LOL"!

Aug 31, 2007
Just one quick request, could you all please stop calling every torn and restored card effect a "TnR"? TnR is the name of one effect, not the whole torn and restored card plot. It could get confusing.

While you at it, please stop saying "LOL"!

No.... just no.... I agreed it shouldn't be "TnR", but "tnr" or "TNR".

And please tell me you were just lolling about the lol thing.

Sep 1, 2007
I wasn't kidding about the LOL thing.

I don't think it should be TnR, tnr, TNR, Tnr, tNr, or tnR.

T&R works fine.

Sep 1, 2007
Doesn't seem like anyone else does...

I have just done some reading online so interpret the below as you wish.

Torn Asunder was created by Chris Kenner (with with collaborative efforts of Homer Liwag, Gary Ouellet, David Williamson and a few others) and performed by David Copperfield.

A full page ad appeard in Genii magazine February 1993. 12 copies were advertised for $500 each. The ad quoted;

"Available only from Camirand Magic Academy"
"Limited to 25 sets"
"Price $500.00"
"As presented by David Copperfield on The Magic of David Copperfield XV".

The ad credits Chris Kenner and Gary Ouelett as the inventors, David Copperfield and Don Wayne for additional tips, David Williamson for the 'pull-off signature'. Camirand Academy was credited for the 'Puff of Smoke System', which had to be purchased separately.

However, many reports online suggest that the 25 sets were never shipped. I have read that there was a problem with who had the rights and Camirand wound up refunding money to anyone that ordered it.

Chris Kenner did give some insight into the effect on the TnR excerpt, where he stated he worked tirelessly for many months on the effect and did mention Homer Liwag's name when talking about sending tapes of Torn Asunder in its development stages.

I have read mixed reviews about whether this could indeed be performed for a live audience...I gues only Chris Kenner can confrm that..

Sep 1, 2007
Yup, everything you just said is completely true. I have heard a lot that it can be done live, but I'm not sure how practical it would be.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results