Top 5 Impromptu Card Tricks?

B

Ben_Ionesco

My Top 5

Umm If I had to pick only 5, I would have to say (In no particular order):

1) Stigmata by W.H and Banachek

2) Believe by Joel Paschall

3) Drawn Together, Torn Apart (Own ... Sort of a much much cooler and more advanced and difficult version of the "jacks party" on steroids lol)

4) Any double lift transposition

5) and Crunk by Daniel Madison but i havent used it yet as its still in the practise phase lol so instead, any one of his impromptu miracles from Dangerous.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Mine...

-Troy Hooser's 'Closed open prediction'. Very devious and fairly simple.

-Wayne Houchin's 'Stigmata'. I've fawned over this effect so many times but I absolutely love it.

-Paul Harris' 'Las Vegas Leaper'. Quite simply *The ONLY cards across routine I perform*

-DROP (unreleased) By Chris Lafferty. Yeah, it's my own effect, but I really love it, it's gotten me a lot of mileage and it's one of my proudest creations.

-UVT (unreleased) By Chris Lafferty. See above.

EDIT: I must also mention Danny Garcia's 'under the radar' effect. SO nice!

CL

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 12, 2008
Marlo's Snap Change - I usually have the spectator choose a card, try to find it and fail, then do a snap change to change it to their card. it's a good opener as it catches their attention, and it looks so magical!

Marlo's Bluff Assembly - I like to cut the aces (or whatever four of a kind you like) then proceed with the assembly.

Marlo's Six Card Repeat - so easy but simply amazing!

Invisible Palm - well duh!

Card to pocket then to wallet - the name says it all...the signed card first jumps to your pocket, then vanishes again only to end up in your wallet.

Oct 15, 2008
Tennessee
where do you learn all these tricks?

from the few i know

1-biddle
2-two card monte or any dl transportation
3-AC
4-hofzzy osbourne-D&D(not yet mastered)
5-beleive- joel paschal(not yet mastered)

Mine:

1. Stigmata
2. Tivo 2.0
3. Subway
4. Either Twinsplit Remix/Fission for aces, or Card to Mouth depending on the number of people watching. If it's just 1 I'll do twinsplit/fission for aces. If it's a few people I'll do card to mouth. If it's a crowd i'll do some other trick instead.
5. ACR, although I'm still working on my version.

Sep 1, 2008
Los Angeles
my top 5

1. Reload- by shoot ogawa (in my opinion one of the most powerful impromptu tricks)
2. Ultimate Self-Working Card Trick-Bob Longe book (a really powerful effect, impromptu if you can cull, and much better in my opinion than similar effects to this)
viewed at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLiA3PX47BY&feature=channel_page
3. G Force- Gregory Wilson a one card force 3x and ends w/ a transposition w/ another spectator's card that really leaves them confused (a powerful effect for those spectators who want to catch every move you do, yet really denounced by magicians)
4. TrickSwitch- an effect taught in how to do street magic that has a very good effect and surprise in the end, ( which in fact I'm surprised it's a street effect...)
5. Skullocation -(stuart Judah) which in fact i highly recommend if you want someone who really wants to be involved and slap cards out of your hands while being mystified and get a good reaction) and btw only uses 4 cards as the main focus after the "control"

Thinking about it, you can do a good 15 minute paid routine w/ just these 5 tricks I'm mentioning (which I HAVE)... or at least hold you off for a while from spectators; i avoid saying Ambitious Card Routine (ACR) due to the fact too many people do it (cliche), i'm trying to be original here <.< . And I hope this helps you guys in the long run!
-cheers!

Jan 18, 2009
this thread has so many posts.
impromtu sandwich (based on finders keepers)
biddle trick.
mind rape(i made it based off the riffle force in the trilogy)
tivo2.0(dan an dave)
Acr(9 stage trick)

And for the record impromtu means no setup whatsoever.so if someone hands you a deck and says do a trick, you can just start it right there. a lot of people keep posting things like two card monte(requires a setup)i guess it does not have to but then it's not very good,hofzzy osbourne requires a setup,jazz aces,invisible palm. that's just a few but you get what i mean.

Impromtu means no setup whatsoever!

Jan 31, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Elevation - Joshua Jay

Culligula Triumph Variant - Kostya Kimlat

Ambitious Card - Based On Tommy Wonders Routine

William - David Stone (I've Made this Impromptu)

Rubbed Away - Joel Givens (I've Made this Impromptu)

Dec 23, 2007
Florida :[
1. Lapse by Daniel Madison
2. Biddle by Elmer Biddle
3. Card To Mouth by Dan and Dave Buck
4. 3 Card Revelation Remixed by Me
5. Hofzzy Osbourne By Dan And Dave Buck

Sep 1, 2007
New Zealand
It depends on whether I am sitting or standing. Ill go a top 5 for both.

Seated

Mini Milton - Alex Elmsley
Maxi Twist - Bill Malone (more than likely an idea from Marlo)
Hoftwister - Alex Elmsley
Here, There and Everywhere - John Guastaferro
That's Not Possible! - Paul Gordon

Standing

Ambitious Card
2 Card Monte
Sandwich Routine
Biddle
Two Card Transpo

Sep 1, 2007
Here is my top 5(not in order)
1.Indecent
2.Clipshift & other applications
3.Riffle Pass
4.Collectors Edition
5.Deja Vu

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 13, 2008
1. Ghostkeepers - self invented
2. Biddle trick - Original version
3. Time machine - Variation
4. Card to mouth - DDBuck
5. Random trick with ego change

Jan 28, 2009
Belgium, Antwerp
in no order.

travler-David Stone (invisible palm but al the cards change at the end)

stigmata-Wayne Houchin

White or Wheat-Daniel Garcia

Trick swich-(I don't realy know, sorry.)

ACR-more than a 1000 people

I know angle zero isnt impromtu but ist just a good trick ^^

Jan 28, 2009
Belgium, Antwerp
this thread has so many posts.
impromtu sandwich (based on finders keepers)
biddle trick.
mind rape(i made it based off the riffle force in the trilogy)
tivo2.0(dan an dave)
Acr(9 stage trick)

And for the record impromtu means no setup whatsoever.so if someone hands you a deck and says do a trick, you can just start it right there. a lot of people keep posting things like two card monte(requires a setup)i guess it does not have to but then it's not very good,hofzzy osbourne requires a setup,jazz aces,invisible palm. that's just a few but you get what i mean.

Impromtu means no setup whatsoever!

some versions of invisible palm don't need a setup like travlers :)
it only needs setup is you want to change them into cards you specialy wand :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results