The Youngest Magician To Do A Card Trick

Jan 6, 2008
Seattle
www.darklock.com
My three year old does a similar card trick. He doesn't actually have any cards, so he brings out a bunch of poker chips and says to pick a card, and then he asks if it's a blue one or a green one or whatever.

Of course, some of you expert magicians might know how he can tell what color the chip is by looking at the back, but I'm stumped. He must be a genius or something. And I know the chips aren't marked; I've checked!

My three year old does a similar card trick. He doesn't actually have any cards, so he brings out a bunch of poker chips and says to pick a card, and then he asks if it's a blue one or a green one or whatever.

Of course, some of you expert magicians might know how he can tell what color the chip is by looking at the back, but I'm stumped. He must be a genius or something. And I know the chips aren't marked; I've checked!

LOL, that might have been funnier than mine.

On second thought, can I see him perform it?

Jan 6, 2008
Seattle
www.darklock.com
LOL, that might have been funnier than mine.

Nah. You've just seen yours too many times. I've seen mine too many times, so I think yours was better. :)

EDIT: WRT seeing him perform, he won't do anything except dance on video. Whenever he sees a camera, he drops whatever he's holding and just acts retarded all over the place. I suppose I could tape that and upload it somewhere, but... why? He's not a particularly good dancer.

Sep 1, 2007
Its a effect where they pick a card and sandwich it between their hands. The magician chooses a card and show them. He takes the card and waves it over their hands and they change places.

Sep 1, 2007
Hmm...the definition of impromptu doesn't really leave a lot of wiggle room:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/impromptu

I'd say that any trick involving a dupe can't really be classed as impromptu, even if you always carry around a duped up deck. It's still advance preparation.

Your sister's trick is very cute. I think there's possibly a deeper insight here though; what do we consider fundamentally magical? Your little sister's definition looks like things vanishing. I'd also logically extend this to things appearing. I know that these types of tricks give me more of a sense of "wonder" than many of the tricks I actually choose to perform.

If a 3 year old with limited experience of the way the world works can understand that the vanish of a deck of cards is in fact "magical" - then this should point us towards ways to construct an act which speaks to the child in everyone.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results