Black Ghost Deck Review

Look: I don't think anybody can deny that the Black Ghost Deck is the best looking deck produced. As far as I know, the Black Ghost deck is an exact inverse of the Ghost deck, save for the word "Black" before Ghost on the front of the box. So if you've never seen a Black Ghost, or have never seen a good picture of it, just imagine your Ghost deck reversed and that's the BGD; pretty sick, ain't it? The center pips of the all the non-court cards are white. On the black suits (Spades and Clubs) the indexes are also white. On the red suits (Hearts and Diamonds) the indexes are red with a white ring around the small suit symbol. The backs look great too. The border blends almost seamlessly with the back design which would probably assist with false deals (second, center, bottom, etc.) I've played with the deck for probably 30 or 40 minutes so far and there is no sign of white edges yet. With the Black Tiger and Viper, white edges started to show by this time (for me, at least). All in all, the Black Ghost Deck looks amazing. (9/10)

Feel: The Black Ghost deck feels like a Viper deck, but thicker, yucky. I've never been a fan of thick cards. They're bulky in my hands and make multiple lifts more noticeable. The cards are smooth though and seem to hold together better than other Ellusionist decks. The Black Ghost Deck is the only Ellusionist deck I've been able to perform Lee Asher's Silver Surfer with, with any consistency. Other than that though, the feel of the Black Ghost Deck doesn't appeal to me at all. (4/10)

Bang For Your Buck: WAY overhyped. While the deck does look great and handles reasonably well, it simply is not worth the $350 you have to spend at Ellusionist (or $300 + on eBay) to get it. I was fortunate to get the deck for free so the specific deck I got was worth what I paid. If the second edition Black Ghost Deck is the same quality as it's brother, I think most people will find the deck worth the 7 or 8 bucks. I personally though don't think I will be purchasing any. The deck looks cool, but I really don't like the way it (or any Ellusionist custom deck) feels.Those of you who do like thick cards though, I think, will enjoy the second edition very much. If the second edition really is exactly the same as the first edition except for the price tag, I think people who like the feel of Ellusionist cards will find them very enjoyable. (1/10)

AllanLuu

Banned
Aug 31, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Ya, I can't wait to get my hands on these bad boys, it is goin to be an experience of a lifetime!

Not even kidding, I can't wait to see peopels faces... more to be revealed in the future!

Eh BGs are nothing special in my eyes. They don't even look that great.

Not sure why you guys are so hyped about these. Very nice review though.

That's why I rated the feel a 4/10 and the value a 1/10.

I see you're excited about the deck but are you serious? holding a deck of cards is a "lifetime experience?" You have much to experience then...

He's referring to my video project that involves using and destroying a BGD, that's why he's excited.

The feel and quality of the deck is not what makes it so costly....its the fact that its rare....still stupid to buy one though imo.
Agreed. The only reason they are "rare" is because Ellusionist decided to only print 5,000 decks. The could have printed more, but they knew if they did, they wouldn't be able to suck as much money out of people in their Christmas promotions.

Jan 27, 2008
The feel and quality of the deck is not what makes it so costly....its the fact that its rare....still stupid to buy one though imo.

Those decks are NOT rare.

Although, inverting the colors of the Rider Back design, which is not theirs, adding a slightly better stock, telling everyone that they're rare; hyping them up, and then selling them for $300 each, my bad "givin' them away for free, *" is probably one of the smartest business decisions for E.

MEGA PROFIT RISE.

*with purchase of $300 (or was it $350?) of ELLUSIONIST-only material.

..:Z:..

AllanLuu

Banned
Aug 31, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Hey Deryn,

The reason why this si an experience is because its a bloody deck of cards that is 300 bucks, I am not going to dish out that money to handle them all though I am very curious as to how they handle and exactly why they are 300 bucks.

And ya, I do consider this a lifeitme expereince, becaus ein no lifetime of mine, am I going to spend 300 bucks for 52 peices of bloody cardboard or pasteboard.

Nov 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Those decks are NOT rare.

Yea they are....and its because only 5,000 were produced. The same can be said about anything else rare, its rare because its hard to come by.....Incase you didnt know a black ghost deck isnt exactly easy to come by unless you want to spend 300 bucks :D.

Incase you dont get what im trying to say here is an example: Lets say there is some ancient vase that is ugly as all hell but there is only one. It could be cracked up and not even in good condition but it would still sell for alot purely because its rare, and hard to come by and collectors would want it. Same goes for the deck. Collectors want it not because its got an amazing feel to it or anything but its hard to obtain.

Finally a definition! It had to happen :D
Rare: coming or occurring far apart in time; unusual; uncommon: a rare disease; His visits are rare occasions.

Black ghost decks=Uncommon therefore are rare, I think im done now :D.

Yea they are....and its because only 5,000 were produced. The same can be said about anything else rare, its rare because its hard to come by.....Incase you didnt know a black ghost deck isnt exactly easy to come by unless you want to spend 300 bucks :D.

Incase you dont get what im trying to say here is an example: Lets say there is some ancient vase that is ugly as all hell but there is only one. It could be cracked up and not even in good condition but it would still sell for alot purely because its rare, and hard to come by and collectors would want it. Same goes for the deck. Collectors want it not because its got an amazing feel to it or anything but its hard to obtain.

Rare: coming or occurring far apart in time; unusual; uncommon: a rare disease; His visits are rare occasions.

SWEET!!! I have this card that's signed by Physics teacher. There's only one in existence so that should easily go for 5 or 6 thousand dollars! I'm going to be rich, wahoo!

Jan 27, 2008

These decks are "rare" because they on purposely created only 5000 (which is a lot), and they hyped them up.

Nov 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
SWEET!!! I have this card that's signed by Physics teacher. There's only one in existence so that should easily go for 5 or 6 thousand dollars! I'm going to be rich, wahoo!

LOL now all you need is make an agreement with your teacher to NEVER sign anything else (making it the only one) and he is going to need a big fanbase so someone will actually want it....Maybe if you teacher became famous...but ancient vases are often parts of history which makes them worth more because people like being able to own a part of history.

And Z, either way you put it, they are still rare, not worth it imo, but still rare.

LOL now all you need is make an agreement with your teacher to NEVER sign anything else (making it the only one) and he is going to need a big fanbase so someone will actually want it....Maybe if you teacher became famous...but ancient vases are often parts of history which makes them worth more because people like being able to own a part of history.

And Z, either way you put it, they are still rare, not worth it imo, but still rare.

True, an ancient vase is worth more than a card signed by my Physics teacher; but a deck of cards made less than 3 years ago?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results