Black Ghost Deck Review

Nov 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
True, an ancient vase is worth more than a card signed by my Physics teacher; but a deck of cards made less than 3 years ago?

No they are not worth that much to you or me, but to an extreme collector of cards they might be. I personally would never spend over maybe 8 dollars for a single deck of cards.

EDIT: On another note, just because somethings rare, doesnt mean its always worth alot of money to everyone.

Dec 24, 2007
black ghosts aren't exiting to me at all. Not for $300 bucks at least. I do magic not flourishing so they mean nothing to me. Magicians can't use them because they look so suspicious the spectator usually thinks you couldprobably put a bomb inside them.? (what? put a bomb inside them?!:p) anyway I'd much rather have
Jerry's Nuggets or GOlden Nuggets.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I would never pay $300 for a deck of cards unless they were Jerry's Nuggets... then I might. But definitely not for some dumb over-hyped E deck.

Sep 1, 2007
Those decks are NOT rare.

Although, inverting the colors of the Rider Back design, which is not theirs, adding a slightly better stock, telling everyone that they're rare; hyping them up, and then selling them for $300 each, my bad "givin' them away for free, *" is probably one of the smartest business decisions for E.

MEGA PROFIT RISE.

*with purchase of $300 (or was it $350?) of ELLUSIONIST-only material.

..:Z:..

Dude, don't panic, but there's a huge chip on your shoulder. I'm going to try to brush it off before it stings you.

These decks are "rare" because they on purposely created only 5000 (which is a lot), and they hyped them up.

The Black Ghost was intitially created as a collector's item. Since you didn't actually do your homework, I did it for you.

The Black Ghosts were originally released as prizes in random drawings or for being among the first to purchase a new product. Fairly standard publicity stunt in retail, really.

After the fact, the Black Ghosts started appearing on eBay. Before long, the collectors were so determined to have one, that the prices skyrocketed in bidding wars. Soon, those who wanted to auction off their decks were using this as the standard.

The value of the deck was determined in the secondary market.

E started offering it as a tier prize after the fact as the supply was starting to shrink, and they wanted to keep up with the growing market value of the deck.

This is not difficult to understand. What excuse could you possibly have for not getting it?

Magicians can't use them because they look so suspicious the spectator usually thinks you couldprobably put a bomb inside them.? (what? put a bomb inside them?!:p)

If you can't use the deck without losing your spectators, it's your fault as a magician. Not the deck's.

I would never pay $300 for a deck of cards unless they were Jerry's Nuggets... then I might. But definitely not for some dumb over-hyped E deck.

Considering the second editions are going to be sold for about $7-8 a pack, it's kind of a moot point.

It saddens me though that maybe three people in this thread understand how market value works, and what the deck means to a collector.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I would like to consider myself a "collector" someday, and I realize that these are hard to come by, they just don't interest me. Like I said before, I would rather have Jerry's Nuggets. But that's just me... I'm sure all the E fanboys would disagree.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I think the Guardians are more interesting to look at, back design wise. The faces are nothing special, though, besides the different shade of inks used.

Sep 1, 2007
I would like to consider myself a "collector" someday, and I realize that these are hard to come by, they just don't interest me. Like I said before, I would rather have Jerry's Nuggets. But that's just me... I'm sure all the E fanboys would disagree.

That's the thing, though. Many collectors only care about the fact that it's made to be a collector's item. They really don't care what company made it. I don't buy into the paradigm because I'm a little more practical, but I understand it.

Aos

Mar 6, 2008
black ghosts look very bad, and black cards rub off on your hands, and after a while the borders return to being white lol. complete waste of money. who would spend 8$ on that.

Feb 28, 2008
I can't lie, they look really cool... but the Tigers also look cool, but after using them for about a day I knew I wouldn't buy another pack. So I guess I'll probably buy one deck of black ghosts, get angry that the edges fade, and turn into another invisible deck.

I think look amazing, just black cards in general to me look awesome. However like you mentioned its not worth the prices considering the black rubs off on your fingers and I have some decks that the white has chipped away not just on the edges but onto the face of the card as well. I still waste money on them for some ridiculous reason though. I guess Im addicted, and under a blacklight... I wont even describe how good that looks. Its something that just has to be seen.

Sorry, But thats got to be one of the dumbest things that I've ever read.
Yes.. I would rather pay $300.00 for a dumb over-hyped Dan & Dave deck.

Jesus. What are you talking about???

Aos

Mar 6, 2008
300 for jerrys is probably a steal. They are out of production and have been for a while, decks are going on ebay for above 200$ a pop. Just wait two years and they will be worth twice as much as 300.

D

Deleted member 2755

I use IET a lot so I'll pick up a few BGDs. I'll probably get a brick.:p They look really nice. However, I'm not positive as I don't like the fact that the big pips aren't colored. I'm not sure what I'll do. I'm almost out of Shadow Masters so I'll either buy more Shadow Masters or BGDs. I'll probably buy a brick of BGDs to try them out as I've only heard good things about the 1st editions (except the stiffness, but that can be changed by breaking them in) and the 2nd editions are only improvements on the 1st editions.

-Doug

Jan 27, 2008
I got 23 Brown Wynns, un-opened. In a few years, they're gonna be worth a ton :)

I really, really hate the lame white-edges and I also don't like how they won't show that part on any of their videos :mad:

Really slick how they do that....

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results