Top 5 Impromptu Card Tricks?

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Wayne Houchins Invisible Palm is pretty much impromptu due to the fact that you just use any four cards you want.

Dunns Deal is also Impromptu as well.

Sep 3, 2007
Wayne has an invisible palm routine? Are you sure you aren't getting mixed up with his video performance of the Invisible Palm routine, an effect that isn't his and he didn't create?

I think it's his handling of the trick. I think he contributed several things to the routine, (forget what at the moment.) Which is apparently featured on the True Astonishment DVDs.

I've been trying to contact you on your notes for awhile. lol

Anyway I know I already posted in this thread, but I'm gonna change my Top 5:

Stigmata
Back In Time
Reflex
3 Card Monte
ACR

Sep 1, 2007
He didn't create it no. But it different because instead of having to use the aces, you use any four cards.

Just because Wayne doesn't use the aces mean it's his?

Two versions of the Invisible Palm is taught in Art of Astonishment. One with the aces, one with any cards.

Furthermore, even with the four aces, the routine is impromptu. You don't need any secret set up or anything. You just openly take the four aces out, adding on a card right in front of the spectator.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Every version I've seen (around 10 handlings) can all be done with any cards. I've not seen one that specifically one requires aces.

Well true, I think that Wayne's just has a few different sleights and most people use the aces because they were pretty much apart of the original Larry Jennings version.

Nov 8, 2008
Copenhagen
-Ambitious card with card to mouth
-Chicago opener
-Biddle trick
-A shuffling lesson by chad long ( it requires a little set up but still..)
- Two card transpo

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
But it actually requires the aces? i.e. you can't do it with four jacks turning into four queens?

Is the handling published?

Yeah I think it's David Stones handling of the routine. It's either in the first Real Secrets of magic or the 2nd DVD. Tho it never really says you HAVE to use the kings and aces. You could essentially turn the jacks or whatever's into anything you want. He just did it with the jacks to aces.

May 4, 2009
Hi

Where can I learn Impromptu Rising Card?

Kyle,

These I like:

Time Machine by Steve Freeman - easy hard hitter
Impromptu Rising Card - fools magicians
Ambitious Card Routine - has become a classic, great trick
Penalty Box - One of my favourite Sankey trick
3 card monte - New York, here I come!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results