Brown Wynn's Review

Jan 27, 2008
Well, I finally got my brick of Brown Wynn's today and might I say I'm impressed!

The back design is not only amazing but feels great! I have never felt anything even remotely similar to this kind of feel. It's amazing.

The faces albeit doesn't impress me. Although, I do like the darker, red ink on the faces, everything else kind of sucks. ESPECIALLY the jumbo indexes, they look horrible. If the faces were of regular indexes with the darker red ink, I would definitely give this a thumbs up. Otherwise, the faces aren't so spectactular but they do have that "feel" like on the backs.

I don't know why anyone ever said the quality of this deck sucks, it's actually very good. It has kind of a 808 Bicycle or a TH9 feel to it but the feel is enhanced by the quality of the faces and backs and the smooth edges.

I don't know how to describe that "feel" and I don't know what they did to that deck but it feels great!

One thing I really don't like about this deck though is that it doesn't faro straight out of the box nor after a few dozen minutes of break-in time. I AM really, really good at faro-ing decks and I've always been able to perfectly interweave packets with great consistency whether they are broken-in cards or brand new and out of the box and I can say with credibility that the edges of the deck, although very smooth. do not faro very well. Side interweaves (like the Side Shuffle taught in Card College, Volume 4, Flourishes) are harder to execute. HOWEVER, this is day one. Maybe if I play with it more it'll adjust.

The box design is a bit misleading as it looks like (or looks exactly like) the box design for the Bee Wynn's LOGO decks. But, that's nothing too fret about.

The "CAMBRIC FINISH" though is suprising as I thought the regular Bee's uses these cambric finish and they don't feel as good as these Wynn's do. Mmm.

I do not know whether the Red and Blue (more specifically, Cinnamon and Violet) Wynn's have the same feel as the Brown (Burgundy) ones but I highly doubt that.

Eventually, I would like to get a brick of the other colors but anyways...

Are these decks worth the price though? Mmm. Well, seeing how there is such a limited stock of these, the prices for these decks are DEFINITELY fair. However, you 'll probably be happier spending your deck-money on E's custom decks or Guardians but these decks are great nonetheless and if you can get some, I'd HIGHLY suggest you do so.

I anyone has any questions about the Brown Wynn's deck, PLEASE, don't hesitate to ask.

..:Z:..

Jan 6, 2008
Seattle
www.darklock.com
They feel midway between Vipers and Bees, to me. I love Vipers, hate Bees, and overall think the brown Wynns are pretty good.

Have to agree on the jumbo index, though. Don't like it.

Jan 27, 2008
They feel midway between Vipers and Bees, to me. I love Vipers, hate Bees, and overall think the brown Wynns are pretty good.

Have to agree on the jumbo index, though. Don't like it.

One thing I really can't get over is the feel of the faces and backs. It's like nothing I've ever felt before. It feels even better when this "feel" is coupled with a TH9 style of quality.

..:Z:..

I cant wait to get mine from the saturday night contest after hearing how good they are all the time....the red and blue wynns that i bought are terrible. I really dont like them at all they clumped right out of the box...but they are nice for flourishing. I tried some fanning powder on a red deck and it helped it alot for a few days then it just got clumpy and nasty.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results