Trespass - Dan Army

Sep 1, 2007
Canada
I think this wont the award for the WORST effect of last year. I'm surprise you haven't hear about the legend (err..) that is Dan Army. :)

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
No, no, no, no, no.

Can I add another no?

There was a huge controversy surrounding Dan Army, as it was proven that he stole methods from various artists. He released a few DVDs as well as a book, but none of them are worth getting.

Trust us on this one, buddy.

David

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
I'm really not getting this one.. even before posting this I wasnt even thinking about getting it.. I just wanna know if the method can be applied to the cellphone to glass bottle.. thanks BTW all of you who warned me xD

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
This was reviewed in Magic Magazine's January edition and man....I was reading the review one morning while drinking coffee and let me tell you, coffee through the nose is painful. Seriously anyone reading this stay away from it at all costs.

--Jim

Sep 3, 2007
Canada, Quebec
Where can I read things about Dan Army?

I mean, posts or anything. I knew that people don't really like him ; but I'm curious about his "story".

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Thanks for the kind word, Jim. I'm glad you found it funny. It was painful having to review it.

Brad Henderson

Haha! My copy is at home and I couldn't remember if it was you or Peter who reviewed it but I even remember someone else reviewing something and calling it "Dan Army Bad".....you know it's bad when you have an adjective named after you....

--Jim

Personally, I stayed out of the whole thing. I've talked with him a few times before that, and he seemed like a decent KID. I emphasize the KID part because one of the things that comes with that is ignorance. What he did (past tense) was wrong, and I am no way defending it. But, that was the past. I can only hope by now he's grown up some, realized he ****ed up, and is over it.

I'm just a kid myself, and will continue to make mistakes. That's what Dan did. He let all the attention of his "company" (and I use company VERY loosely) get to his head, and did some not-so-great things. As long as he learned something from all this, then I think all is well now.

Best.
Steve

Personally, I stayed out of the whole thing. I've talked with him a few times before that, and he seemed like a decent KID. I emphasize the KID part because one of the things that comes with that is ignorance. What he did (past tense) was wrong, and I am no way defending it. But, that was the past. I can only hope by now he's grown up some, realized he ****ed up, and is over it.

I'm just a kid myself, and will continue to make mistakes. That's what Dan did. He let all the attention of his "company" (and I use company VERY loosely) get to his head, and did some not-so-great things. As long as he learned something from all this, then I think all is well now.

Best.
Steve

I agree 100% with you Steve. By the way for any of you who want to know, Dan quit magic a few months ago, I think in the summer actually. Now his main "hobby" is drawing. His myspace link is :http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=112035904 but don't expect him to friend you. Me and him used to be friends on myspace and then out of nowhere he deleted me. He said it was because he doesn't want anything to do with magic and said I was his last "connection" with it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results