Best DVD teacher?

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
Daniel Garcia, Wayne Houchin, Aaron Fisher, Brad Christian, De'vo, Dan & Dave, Lee Asher, Brian Tudor...?
Who is, by your oppinion, best teacher on DVD's, and why?

I have to say, to me, it's Brad Christian. He is so calm, that guy have a puls about 20 when performing and explaining. He pays attantion to every detail, and he doesnt only explains the effect, he also put in some stories from his personal expirience while performing. I just love that guy. He says to do our magic slowly and calmly and casually as possible, and i think that then real magic comes to life, when it's done slow and smooth. I see videos of magicians on youtube and other web sites, who do trick as fast as they can, and it's not bad but it dont give spectator time to see and feel the real magic.

So, who is yours? :)

WDF

Oct 12, 2007
Nashville NC
Justin Miller is the best teacher ever in my personal opinion. His creativity and style of magic is absolutely truly astonishing. He explains everything over and over from every angel and if you need help with something after the DVD, I am sure he will be glad to help you. He surly has helped me.

Oct 24, 2007
In my opinion Dan & Dave are the best teachers. 2 teachers, better the learning. ;) (lol)

Now, I don't mean to sound like I'm bashing anyone, but I have to say, I dislike Brad Christian's teaching more than anyones. In my opinion, he's a worse magician than Criss Angel. (rofl) And he doesn't even use camera tricks. Plus, repackaging old tricks that can be found in a book that costs $5 and reselling them for $20-$30 for just one trick, I naturally don't like the guy.
Anyway, that's just my opinion. You can have Brad, Toby. :p

Tyler

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
In my opinion Dan & Dave are the best teachers. 2 teachers, better the learning. ;) (lol)

Now, I don't mean to sound like I'm bashing anyone, but I have to say, I dislike Brad Christian's teaching more than anyones. In my opinion, he's a worse magician than Criss Angel. (rofl) And he doesn't even use camera tricks. Plus, repackaging old tricks that can be found in a book that costs $5 and reselling them for $20-$30 for just one trick, I naturally don't like the guy.
Anyway, that's just my opinion. You can have Brad, Toby. :p

Tyler
I dont think Dan & Dave are the best, espesially because of the System DVD.
And it is not question about tricks, but the teachings of the tricks ;)

p.s. Yeah, Brian is worst :)

Dec 13, 2007
I think Justin Miller is the best

I also like Daniel Garcia because he shows it over and over again

And Wayne Houchin...I love how he goes back at the performance footage and talks about what he is doing.

Brad is also good.

I personally don't like the twins that much...i think they go to fast...but if you keep re-watching, you eventually get it

Brad Christian and Daniel Garcia. Hard to choose though, probably Daniel cause hes more entertaining.

On a side note, Ive been wondering. Is Brad Christian gay? My opinion of him wouldnt change either way, but Ive wondered...

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 2, 2008
Daryl, Oz Pearlman, Brad Christian - they are all great teachers and quite entertaining. But if I had to choose just one of them - that would be Brad Christian, because he covers not just the technique, but the performance aspect of magic more than anyone else. He teaches not just how to do the moves, but how to make the magic work.

I can't really say about Dan and Dave, as I only have TiVo 2.0, Hoffzy Osbourne and Commercial. Danny Garcia and W:H are also meticulous in their explanations and very entertaining as well :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 11, 2007
The good: Aaron Fisher, Lee Asher, Apollo Robbins, Oz Pearlman, Daniel Garcia, Kostya Kimlat, Brad Christian, Daryl, Jay Sankey, Michael Ammar, Juan Tamariz, Darwin Ortiz, R. Paul Wilson, Roberto Giobbi, and finally, my master, Dean Dill.

The bad: Brian Tudor (although his card handling is phenomenal), Luke Jermay, Michael Close

The ugly: Jay Noblezada

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
michael ammar is a great teacher too... guy hollingworth is good too =).. I'm not naming the above because they are really good teachers too =)

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
Wayne Houchin is great, he explains it in a way that you can see everything he's doing step by step. plus you gotta love the humor he brings into his teaching, just a real fun time and great teacher

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results