Very little book exposure

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
Hey maybe its me or I never have seen any trick that comes from a book, exposed om youtube or maybe watched a little kid performing it... Is this the answer everyone has been looking for avoiding exposers or kids performing a trick very badly on youtube for example?--

what do u think?

If u have seen many tricks performed by a kid, and the trick was from a book please let me know and I'll say a mod to delete this thread NOW =P

peace

aris

Sep 2, 2007
well most people wouldn't go through a book then reveal it on youtube. It take's to much work on their part.

They watch DVD's because there lazy. i don't think this is the solution because tricks on DVD's will continue to be revealed

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
well most people wouldn't go through a book then reveal it on youtube. It take's to much work on their part.

They watch DVD's because there lazy. i don't think this is the solution because tricks on DVD's will continue to be revealed
I know its not a solution but it is a really big help to avoid it =)

I feel that it's due to the growing population of learning tricks from DVDs. Many children have grown up watching videos which would of course lead to them buying them more than books. I think this is mainly due to the fact that this is the kind of environment that the kids are being raised in.

I as a 13 year old am kind of upset about this because I think books are an incredible learning source. Even not from magic. If it's history, science, math, or another language. You usually aren't able to learn them from DVDs.

I'm also upset because I would love to be able to say, "Stop saying it's always kids because it's not." But it usually is kids. I, as a kid, am upset to say this because I would hope that this is not showing how my generation will act in the future. I hope we would be more appreciative of secrets and arts. Not just exposing or revealing methods all the time.

But generally I think it's because children aren't accustomed to reading and they are more likely to watch a DVD and reveal a trick or an effect from that.

-Michael

Hey come to think of it, who would be stupid enought to buy a dvd WITH THEIR OWN MONEY and reveal it on the internet? Not me.... All these people just go on Limewire and dld the video with p2p or BT, and as books do not come in abundance is BT or p2p, thats why no revealing material from books is on the internet.

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
Hey come to think of it, who would be stupid enought to buy a dvd WITH THEIR OWN MONEY and reveal it on the internet? Not me.... All these people just go on Limewire and dld the video with p2p or BT, and as books do not come in abundance is BT or p2p, thats why no revealing material from books is on the internet.
hey I think well I think its a fact, that SOME kids or teenagers or any people buy the dvds.. maybe they are not trying to expose the effect I mean explaining, but they flash or something, so everyone can easily see or figure out how the trick is done... I saw a little kid, I wont post the link.. but he performed panic, and it was TOO obvious the method.. I said to myself how can they post vids like this... so maybe there arent too many people that buy or illegally download magic stuff to make tutorials but its a fact that there are people that doesnt practice enough their effects and they upload it youtube after 5 min of practice or they perform it live which is I think worse, (the reason would take another thread I think xD)..

hey wesley I lov ethat quote xD if u know who said it please post it here :p

Aug 31, 2007
Canada

Actually, you'd be surprised how many print releases are available on the P2P services.

I once checked to see if a release of my own was finding its way on to them, and, yup, it was, along with everything from Harris' AoA books, almost all of Vernon's work in print, and even the smaller pamphlets and pdfs.

It's quite sad. I actually started chatting with some of these people, and they tend to have gigabytes worth of downloaded magic, and often haven't read or watched half of it.

I found this fascinating. They keep expanding and sharing these collections of dl'ed magic and not only haven't bothered to even watch half of it, they clearly could not be bothered to actually LEARN any of it either. It's all about curiosity and instant gratification.

The point is, they are too impatient to actually learn, and only really want their curiosity satisfied. As such, once they have the secrets, they feel lost with what to actually do with them.

Considering most of them probably don't perform, at least not for paying gigs, they probably show people a trick here and there, but they haven't put ANY work into it, so their performances are like those kids on youtube who "unintentionally" expose during their poor performances.

So again, they are left feeling lost with this new knowledge they've obtained. So, what it comes down to is the old adage, "Those who can, do, and those who can't (which, clearly, is almost all of these exposers) teach."

Makes them feel special, and self important, when, what they are doing is pointless, selfish, and worthless.

Mind you, MOST of the people who watch their "exposures" are magicians like use who want it stopped, of more exposers who just want more curiosity satisfied.

Essentially, its is a self fuelled engine. They only exist to feed each other. This means that this really does not affect most of the people who we would be normally performing for.

There are the occasional people who have stumbled across the Balducci, which is probably the biggest example of how this has affected us, or the twisting arm illusion. Mind you, most of the exposure of these come from the fact that a laymen is easily able to do them and show their friends.

Again, these laymen do it poorly, and their friends see how, or they immediately turn around and expose it to show how "lever" they are.

So, these simpler exposures spread, not through youtube, but through the extension via the thirty some friends that the one guys shows it to, only because it was something he could do easily.

Point is, the majority of effects, most laymen would not be interested enough to even sit through the entire explanation. All these exposures end up doing is give more exposures something to show each other.

Any who, run around circle. Those who can, do, those who can't, dick around on youtube and piss and moan when someone shows a vid without explaining.

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando Fl
It's probably because my first book was Expert Card Technique, but the teaching in it is so confusing, I heard that it's one of the more confusing books, in magic, but if it isn't then I can't learn from books.

About the thing, maybe I'm as lazy as those kids, I don't think so but maybe. Well yeah exposure is bad, but it's that much of a big deal. It's like Paranoia with all this youtube exposure, the only people who actually search for tutorials on youtube are magicians.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results