Understanding Books...

Well, it can be hard for people who don't understand English as most magic books are written in that language. I don't really think there is a "methodology" to reading... if it takes you a few times to read and understand what you read then so be it, it will be worth it.

Read and re-read.

Mitchell

I too have some difficulty with books. Its not impossible for me, but I definitely prefer videos. Sometimes when somethings not too clear in a book you can just go back and watch closer in a video. I agree with David though. The best thing to do is keep cards handy try to follow along and of course "read and reread" and reread and reread. Eventually it will start to make sense.

Sep 1, 2007
One read through without trying to follow along. Then read through following along with cards in hand until you feel you've got the hang of it. Then read again without cards.

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando Fl
Does being a magician make it more useful to hold a deck of cards when reading Bobo's? :p

Huruey

I think he thinks that we can actualy metamorph a deck of cards into a half dollar.

Mitchel you should submit that trick to t11, I'd buy it, if it was below $20. That sounds like DAvid Stone type of magic, like with flash paper and everything.

Aug 31, 2007
Ohio
There are no secrets to learning from books. You just actually need to put some effort into it (unlike with DVDs).

Read and re-read with a dictionary nearby. That's the best advice I can give you.

-Colin

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results