Which Coins Do You Use?

Jan 31, 2008
This is a question (as the title says) of what kinds of coins you prefer when using your coin magic, I personally prefer quarters (though they are kinda small) and american half dollars, you know, something that I can carry around my pocket without going "Oh crap, I forgot my coins again" as I have done so many times.

Oct 13, 2007
Coins

If I ever do coins I usually do it with Kennedy Halves but occasionally I use John Adams Dollars. (even get away with quarters when someone hands me a couple but thats between me and the rest of the people who read this post :D )

-Guy

Dec 13, 2007
I usually do it with kennedy halves but recently I've been using Walking Liberties...but it sometimes depends on the trick. I'm trying to get a few Morgan Dollars but they sell for like 20 bucks and i don't want to spend that much money

In general I'd say the bigger the coin the easier to palm and handle and stuff

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
since i live in the UK, i use 10ps sometimes... fortunately my friends have gotten used to me using kennedy halves, and i make sure all my coin effects let the spectator examine the coins before and after the effect so they suspect nothing, my excuse is that 1. there good for coin rolls, 2. its makes the trick better as more people can see (people agree on this) and 3. i can do a better muscle pass with a half dollar (everyone at my school found it out but it still impresses them) so overall i can get away with half dollars... :)

Sep 2, 2007
I just prdered two blue chinese coins,, a red chinese coin, a chinese red coin shell, and a chinese blue coin shell. They were 20$ for a shell and a coin. so I got a rted set, and blue set, and an extra blue coin. anyways. I know the shells won't be great quality....but I've only been into coin magic for a couple of days and I'm really likeing it (I got bobo's, and I've been into magic as a whole for about 2 years.)

Sep 1, 2007
i also use replica morgan dollars
they are really perfect in my opinion, feel exactly as you would want coins to feel when doing magic

or at least how i want them to feel...

Dec 13, 2007
where did you get your fake morgans?

I know they're on ebay but I want to get them so that they are the same size and weight

Jan 11, 2008
New york
I don't know the date of my chines coins but they look like just like silver dollars one has English writing on it that says "TWENTY SECOND YEAR OF KUANG HSU * PEI YANG ARSENAL*"and they sound great when they land into each other. oh and i just found out by accident they have some steel in them. Magnets love them.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results