Accidental Magic

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
Have you ever practiced a trick or a flourish, had something go wrong but look oh-so-right? Recently i was practicing the T.G murphy deck flip, i was doing it starting with the cards face up, and when i did it, my fingers acccidentally dragged off the top card, but it landed on the back of the pack... so imagine my delight when the deck started off with the 6ofD on top, flips perfectly (i didnt even notice it happening) and the 4ofH is sitting there with the 6 gone... it looked AWESOME like the best colour change ever lol... wish i'd had it on film so i could show you, ive been trying to get it down but now the flip doesnt work with it... ah well it was cool while it lasted.. anyway so if anyone has any experiences similar e.g vertigo but the packet stuck to your foot etc or w.e feel free to share...

Dex

Sep 18, 2007
North of France.
Once I had just finished a card trick with a signed card.
So at the end of it they grabbed the signed card to have a close look at it, during that time I just normally put the deck in my pocket, without any intention other than to put it away.

But when they had finished with the signed card they looked up at me, my hands, the table and said "Where the hell did the other cards go ??!!"
They thought I had vanished the deck :D

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
Just as I was reading this thread, I was thinking about the 2 of Diamonds because I saw a picture of it somewhere and I dropped the deck I was holding and all the cards fell face down except for the 2 of diamonds!

Also, once I was doing my ACR and I accidently lost the spectator's card for real! So I turned the top card over, not even looking at it because I knew it was wrong and when I was about to say "Well, sometimes it has it's off days" but before I did, the spectator was laughing and saying "Woah, how good are you!" I looked down and sure enough, there was her card. I later remembered that I had left a duplicate card in the deck from earlier in the day!

That's what I call luck!

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
haaha those sound great, especially the deck vanish one... i had a similar experience, where i was messing around with a shell in history, and my mate was watching, anyway i didnt know he was but i was practicing sliding the shell on smoothly in one twist, anyway i did it and he goes 'where the hell did the coppercoin go?!?' i though, WTF i dont even have a copper coin (i was using halves) but i guessed he saw the inside of the shell, and anyway i said 'look carefully at the coin' and palmed the shell, and placed it into my pocket and he didnt realise at all!! it was great..

Jan 18, 2008
memphis,tn
I remenber watching criss angel mindfreak while i was looking for a card i had lost. so i gave up and continued watching criss, he was doing the trick with ice cube where the card went to his wallet. criss was saying "i want u to visualize ur card melting away from the deck.Now check ur pockets" to ice cube and i was like "ok i will and my card i was looking for was in my pocket. I was like '
I HATE YOU CRISS ANGEL< AHHHH.

I had one, I was real lucky with this one. I had a deck with the Ace of Clubs on the bottom. I had the deck on the table and for no reason I asked which ace do you hate(don't know why I asked honestly). They said the ace of clubs, I flipped over the deck and there it was.

Oct 8, 2007
I was holding two RANDOM cards that were face up in the face down deck (I dropped some cards before lol). I asked my mom juts say any two random cards, and she said the EXACT SAME CARDS. I turned them over for her to see and she almost screamed. That is why two of my favorite cards are two 2 of spades and the 9 of clubs. :)

Oct 18, 2007
A little group was grilling me to see me do something impossible or something, and someone shouted out "I'm thinking of a card, what is it?!" It was one of those uphill battle situations. So I'm just fidgeting with the deck doing a few simple cuts, thinking about what I can possibly do. I can't really read their minds so I'm kind of feeling bummed out. Anyhoo I do a hotshot cut with no intention other than executing it, and catch the card. It was the card he was thinking of.

So they're flipping out and screaming at me to do it again, someone says they're also thinking of a card. I don't know what the hell got into me but instead of just ending it right then and there I continued doing simple cuts trying to process what the hell happened. Eventually I decide what the hell, and pull a random card out of the deck without any confidence whatsoever. I couldn't believe it was also the right selection.

It's very rare that you blow your own mind, lol, I didn't perform anything at all for a while after that.

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
yeh those ones are the best, where sheer luck can make you look incredible... i still love my D.G. deck lfip colour change... anyone had any moves gone wrong gone right? like a molecule flip that landed on your hand or w.e lol
...?

Feb 8, 2008
I once somehow got my magician friend to pick the ten of clubs seven times in a row. He kept trying to figure out my new "force". :D The running joke now is that if he picks a card he says "ten of clubs" before he looks at it.

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
haha i did that once, when i started out and used a short card, i riffled through, and then i 'stopped' when he called out, but i thought i stopped at the wrong one (it wasnt) so i tried again and he goes 'im not stopping on that 4oH' or w.e and of course he did... :p

Sep 14, 2007
Well I was walking around in bus line practicing shape shifter and the 6 of spades was on the top and I was ready to change when an older kid asked, change that 6 to and ace, then I ignored him but he was still watching, and I gave it a flick and it changed to the Ace of spades, then he ran off, This seemed like real magic to me sa well :)

Nick

Sep 2, 2007
I have a habit of cutting to the ace of spades. If I pick up a deck and cut it, I get the ace a lot.

Other than that, I was handling a pack of ghosts one time, just messing around, and some guy was watching me. I wasn't performing or anything, just playing around. I played with the ghosts for a few minutes, then put them in my pocket, and pulled out a deck of tigers. The guy who was watching me apparently missed the part where I put the deck in my pocket and thought I had changed the cards from white to black.

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
its always the moments when someones half watching that it usually works...

anyway, if anyone cares, i broke my nose today :)
elbowed in the face pretty hard, playing 'touch' rugby on the astro pitch, as the game was called off... :(

Dec 30, 2008
I was doing stigmata in geometry today and before I started, I showed the girl I was preforming for that all the cards where different. When I fanned them out it looked like two hairs somehow floated from the deck. She just freaked out and I didn't know why! When she finally calmed down, someone asked her what happend and she started screaming that the cards had smoked when I fanned them. It was SO perfect! HAHA! :D

Dec 1, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
Hmm, I did just the other day a reveal with the hotshot cut but the card flipped out awkwardly. I jumped for it and it somehow landing on my shoe, still spinning quick. It stayed there spinning for a while (I was wearing dress shoes) on my outstretched foot, it looked to the specs that I had just caught their card on my shoe, they flipped! I amazed myself with it. Only problem was when everyone ask me to do "that foot one" again, I just said "maybe later".
I've been unable to replicate it though :(

Oh well it was still awesome.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results