Did Theory11 sell us out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 16, 2008
okay so i bought the trilogy from theory11. Apparently theory11 is so obsessed with money that they raised the price of the dvds. Apparently theory11 is not the only one that sells trilogy dvds. My friend told me about penquin magic, that sold it 20 dollars cheaper and it was in a neat little case. Did theory11 sell out everyone? Theory11 is it about the magic or the money? Obviously money is the answer. Everything on thoery11, is priced up and copied.
Distortion by whoever is sold for alot of money. I bought the gimmick for 9.99 at my magic store and it works great. **** you theory11

Oct 8, 2007
Ok, EVERY online magic store is about the cash-izzle. If theory 11 wants the prices higher, they can have 'em higher. I think Penguin Magic is sort of unreliable. I've heard LOADS of stories about bad shipping and stuff like dat. My $.02.

Sep 1, 2007
Hi. You seem to be new to these forums. You should probably check out the forum guidelines before you do anything else.

In addition, you may want re-think your process of introductions, that is if you'd like your stay to be a pleasant one...

Cheerio.

Sep 1, 2007
Canada
Hi,

The Trilogy DVD set is distributed to magic shops all over the world, and has actually been around before Theory 11 ever existed. The prices vary from shop to shop, but the average is around $80. Maybe next time you make a purchase, you should consider doing a bit of research so you're not dissapointed! With Distortion you are paying $25 for a very high quality DVD with a handmade, good quality gimmick.

Sep 22, 2007
Ok well one if you don't like this site then why are you on it and also penguin sells everything really cheap and this is the second edition it comes with a bonus to the vault and alot of other cool stuff so ya i think the trilogy is worth double the price. So if you don't like it, you can leave. lol

Dec 10, 2007
Damn those are some pretty harsh words

But before you go accusing T11 of being such a sell out company and preaching about Penguin you should do your research. Penguin doesnt exactly have the best reputation. Especially if you are talking about copying things. Penguin has always had a bad rep of copying things from other artists and passing it off as their own. You also have to remember that these artist, in this case Dan and Dave, need to make a living. Most of these dvds have and agreed on price that they will be sold at. A lot of times Penguin chooses to go back on what they agree on and undercut everyone else. They do this so that they will get all the business becuase they are about the money. T11 doesnt screw over everyone else that sells the dvds because they arent *******s and all about the money. Look up some info about Sankey leaving Penguin magic and you will see what I mean. You should really look into things before you call out an entire business like Theory 11.

Victor Cruz

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack

Elite Member
Sep 5, 2007
Decatur, GA
No T11 did not sell us out. Yes they are out to make a buck but that's business! Supply and demand. Look at the Wynn decks. I almost bought my Trilogy from DanandDave.com but then found it on penguin for 62 i think. Penguin is kind of like a discount store if you ask me and yes you can find almost any trick for less than it sells at a small store or site like this. You just gotta shop around a bit before spending a lot of money. I still like T11 and will continue to be here because the price may be a little high but you're also paying for the quality and support both of which are phenomenal.
Just exercise more caution and next time shop around. I hope this didn't turn you off to T11.
Cheers!

Penguin has definitely had some copyright issues. One of the artists here was scammed by Penguin. They copied his product. They don't have a very good reputation. Also, I am guessing that whatever The Trilogy is sold for here, almost all, if not all of the money is given to the Buck Twins. The only reason that I can imagine that all of the money would not go to them is because some money has to go to the publishing company and such. Help the Bucks' live and buy it at www.dananddave.com. It isn't always about saving money...

We certainly do need to "clean this up" a bit.

To the person who posted this thread:

I'm sure that you've seen everyone's arguments and should really be careful about what you say, and how you say it. If you have issues with theory11 that is entirely fine, but if you have such a big issue with this feel free to contact support.

-RA69

okay so i bought the trilogy from theory11. Apparently theory11 is so obsessed with money that they raised the price of the dvds. Apparently theory11 is not the only one that sells trilogy dvds. My friend told me about penquin magic, that sold it 20 dollars cheaper and it was in a neat little case. Did theory11 sell out everyone? Theory11 is it about the magic or the money? Obviously money is the answer. Everything on thoery11, is priced up and copied.
Distortion by whoever is sold for alot of money. I bought the gimmick for 9.99 at my magic store and it works great. **** you theory11

wow....do your research before buying it maybe, it all depends on where you buy it from.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Penguin's a great site, and I order from there all the time. I have never had any problems with shipping, Customer Service, or anything like that. Although they do have trouble keeping their promises about due dates.

Them having their prices low is basically a selling technique to sell more. Pretty soon, the price will go back up. The same thing happened when tThe Trilogy first came out. It was cheap, then went back up. Then Brad Christian went over to the forums and attacked Penguin and said they were "effing Ellusionist off". Of course, we couldn't go to his forums and bash him, though. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results