Did Theory11 sell us out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 27, 2008
okay so i bought the trilogy from theory11.

And your not happy with The Trilogy? That's great material right there.

Apparently theory11 is so obsessed with money that they raised the price of the dvds.

Umm, Theory 11 is NOT obsessed with money. Well explained this:

They are selling Brown Wynns for extremely cheap price. They are so cheap and down right foolish to sell them to us for $5 a pack because Steve here sold ONE pack of those on Ebay and... Let's just say the pack payed for the brick... 12 times over....

That's how obsessed Theory 11 is about money :p

Apparently theory11 is not the only one that sells trilogy dvds.

You figure?

My friend told me about penquin magic, that sold it 20 dollars cheaper and it was in a neat little case.

Why didn't you purchase it from Penguin then?

Did theory11 sell out everyone? Theory11 is it about the magic or the money? Obviously money is the answer.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. That's pretty audacious of you to say something like that. However, I will give you the BoTD...

Everything on thoery11, is priced up and copied.

Priced up? They sells DvDs for about the same price as everyone else. I do not know what you are talkin about.

And I wouldn't be talking about copying, Penguinite.

Distortion by whoever is sold for alot of money. I bought the gimmick for 9.99 at my magic store and it works great. **** you theory11

Um, your paying for a high-class DVD AND a gimmick.

You should've done your research if you wanted a cheaper version of The Trilogy.

By the way, Penguin DOES copying effects and DOES NOT have a good reputation amongst great magicians (as you can see, Jay Sankey's story). Take Magic (F)akers for example...

Although, I do not have a problem with you purchasing from Penguin. But the thing is, when you buy from Penguin, your not really supporting anyone other than their doggy-dog business tactics. I'm not saying your a bad man because your buying from Penguin as most people aren't aware of their reputation but why not chip in that extra $5 (or apperently, $20) to the REAL artists instead of face-less penguinites who steal your magic anyday?

I'd prefer to pay the $20 extra to Theory 11 becuase, for one, it's going to artists who will use that money to help create new material, set up contests, do fun things,...etc. Secondly, they are legitamite. You don't hear stories about W:H stealing someone else's effect do you? I didn't think so.

..:Z:..

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
You should've done your research if you wanted a cheaper version of The Trilogy.

By the way, Penguin DOES copying effects and DOES NOT have a good reputation amongst great magicians (as you can see, Jay Sankey's story). Take Magic (F)akers for example...

Although, I do not have a problem with you purchasing from Penguin. But the thing is, when you buy from Penguin, your not really supporting anyone other than their doggy-dog business tactics. I'm not saying your a bad man because your buying from Penguin as most people aren't aware of their reputation but why not chip in that extra $5 (or apperently, $20) to the REAL artists instead of face-less penguinites who steal your magic anyday?

I'd prefer to pay the $20 extra to Theory 11 becuase, for one, it's going to artists who will use that money to help create new material, set up contests, do fun things,...etc. Secondly, they are legitamite. You don't hear stories about W:H stealing someone else's effect do you? I didn't think so.

Wow, I never knew Penguin was a bad place!

What happened with Sankey?

Jan 3, 2008
You're obviously the newbie. First of all, your name reflects only THIS topic. And another thing, I noticed that this is your ONLY post. Therefore, you made an account just for this topic, meaning you have no knowledge of Theory11. If you like penguin better, then why not join their forums intstead of joining this one for the sole purpose of bashing it? Or better yet, if you're gonna bash, then at least do it somewhere else that ISN'T the source.

Just use a little common sense next time. Trust me, you have it somewhere. Just keep looking for it.

-killer : kam

P.S: Distortion is made by Wayne Houchin, and it costs more because it comes with a gimmick AND DVD that teaches you how to perform the trick effectlively. Get your junk straight and please try to lay low on the foul language.

Sep 14, 2007
Yes ther explanation to this is pure marketing knowledge, once more and more people make orders, they have to produce more DVD's which is gotten by money, so thats why they rase the prices because a lot of people are making more orders.

Nick

Yes ther explanation to this is pure marketing knowledge, once more and more people make orders, they have to produce more DVD's which is gotten by money, so thats why they rase the prices because a lot of people are making more orders.

Nick

Pardon?

Companies purchase items for a set price.

In this instance, lets say they buy the DVD Set for $50.

They then have to make a 'Profit' from Reselling this item.

Shop A) May sell the item for $60, and sell 300 Items in the first month. Making them a total profit of $3000.

Shop B) May sell the item for $85, and sell 100 Items in the first month. Making them a total profit of $3500.

Shop C) May sell the item for $100, and sell 40 Items in the first month. Making them a total profit of $2000.

A business has to decide how much Demand there is for the product, and what the current supply is. If there is a much higher demand than supply they will be able to charge a higher price. If there is less demand they may need to lower their price thus lowering their profit for each purchase.

A smart business will usually find the 'Middle Ground' of Supply and Demand. Therefore making a Steady Profit per item, having a competitive price, and a steady demand to make the purchase from their company.

Theory11 being a recently 'New' Company with a good Marketing and Advertising Campaign would have a higher demand than possibly Penguin Magic. Thus allowing them to charge a slightly higher price.

You also have to consider the cost of many things in this instance:

Cost of Advertising
Cost of Development (For example, the Theory11 Site, Server etc)
Cost of Staff (The Artists, Customer Service, Website Admin/Developers)

These costings may be slightly placed upon us (The Customer.)

The main aim of a company is the please the stakeholders (Or Shareholders) this is achieved by making the greatest profit (Therefore the least loss)

Theory11 arent the cheapest, but they are definately not the most expensive either.

Theory11 do not state in any way their prices are the cheapest, but when purchasing items you have to take into consideration things like the Customer Service. For my money I would prefer to spend that little bit more and know that if something goes wrong, I have Bryant there to cuddle me and make me feel special.

This (My longest post on Theory11) was proudly brought to you buy Blink.

Much love to you all.
xo

Sep 12, 2007
Edinburgh, Scotland
On DnD, the trilogy is $85.00 and shipping. I bought it from there for 3 reasons:
1. I want my money to go to the proper artists.
2.I knew i would get accses for The Valt.
3. It was a signed copy :)

So, i had to spend almost $100.00 on The Trilogy (I live in the UK) but did i have second thoughts? NO!

So, do some research before you go bashing an awsome product like The Trilogy.

Have a nice day everyone :)

Felix

Nov 30, 2007
Midlands, England
Listen man, it was your choice to buy it from Theory11, and I'm glad you did. Like many, many people have said before me (not just in this thread), buying (for example) The Trilogy from either Theory11, or, even better, DanandDave.com gives much more money to the original artist, giving them more incentive to create more tricks and DVDs. Don't be annoyed that you had to pay just $20 more. You should just feel good.
Lastly, I hope you enjoy the Trilogy :)

~The Emogician~

Feb 16, 2008
Response to all of you.

Okay one I am not a spammer, two i have been on theory11 from the start, and have had an account, but i lost username because i went on vacation so i made this account real quick. This account is only for this topic. To send me a pm do it through Theory21. Also I am not sure if theory11 gives back to dan and dave i have searched, and they dont publicly announce it. So unless i get a response from a executive of theory11, then i dont know what to believe. Third penquin magic isnt that bad, as long as you live in the us. Everything i buy from penquin comes in 4 days. Ellusionist 3 days. Theory11 8 days. I ordered standard shipping on all of these. All days are averaged. Out of all the sites theory11 is the one that takes the biggest cut, and doesnt have anything good, except the trilogy (its awesome (vertigo)

Jan 27, 2008
Also I am not sure if theory11 gives back to dan and dave i have searched, and they dont publicly announce it. So unless i get a response from a executive of theory11, then i dont know what to believe.

Oh my gosh, come on. OF COURSE Dave and Dan get's a cut.

Third penquin magic isnt that bad,

I take it you haven't heard of old man Jay's story, or you even haven't heard of Jay haven't you?

Come on, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results