Viper Deck - Short Review

Dec 31, 2007
Massachusetts
Hey guys this is Brian, and today I will be giving you a short review of the Viper Deck from Ellusionist. The Viper Deck can be found here : http://www.ellusionist.com/product/playing+cards/tally-ho+black+viper/tally-ho+black+viper.do

Ebay is always an option, Please reply if you think my review was helpful or not, and what I need to add or add in the future.

Here we go!

The looks: I think they are sexy, the silver and black back with Black Tiger Faces.
10/10
The handling and feel: Great! they spread like a dream, they fan very easily and are slippery as butter 8/10

After handling them for a couple days
: The edges crimp easily, The edges turn white and look very cheap. Very easy to see crimps. 2/10

My hints to Viper users(or soon to be Viper users): practice with ordinary bikes and move on to Vipers when you master all the flourishes, spreads, and fans.
Try not to drop them as much.

Overall Thought: I think they are NOT worth the price, and should be dropped down to about $5 as like Guardians. I would advise you to pick up a brick of Guardians instead of paying $8.

You can get a 6 pack of Vipers for $40.74,

Or would you rather get a 6 pack of Guardians for $26.73?

You decide.
I hope you have all enjoyed my short review on the Viper Deck by E, and has maybe influenced your choice a littler more.

Any questions please reply or PM me.
Thanks,
Brian :p :D :p :D

Dec 22, 2007
Long Island, New York
The review was pretty helpful. I already own vipers and even though they are pricey i personally like them the most. As for your review I would have to say it looked kind of lacking. If you are going to spread everything out like that I would make sure you had more to write (even if you were just saying the same thing with different words over and over). I think your review (as it stands now) would have looked better if you just put everything into a paragraph and then just rated it overall. Overall it was a decent review.

Sep 5, 2007
dude.. i think you just cant handle a deck of cards that well by your review.
for one thing, they do not crimp that easily. i mean think about it, these decks are far more superior to bikes or guardians. maybe the ink gets faded a bit on the edges but who cares? they can be fixed with a good trusty sharpie.
i have guardians, not to sound like an ellusionist guy or anything but guardians can't keep up with the overall quality of E decks.

Dec 31, 2007
Massachusetts
dude.. i think you just cant handle a deck of cards that well by your review.
for one thing, they do not crimp that easily. i mean think about it, these decks are far more superior to bikes or guardians. maybe the ink gets faded a bit on the edges but who cares? they can be fixed with a good trusty sharpie.
i have guardians, not to sound like an ellusionist guy or anything but guardians can't keep up with the overall quality of E decks.
I have purchased over 10 decks of Vipers all my life, and don't say they don't crimp.
Do you just sit down and look at the deck? Or do you handle it like a real magician and use it?
Flourish with it,
Brake it in,
and spring it.

Why in hell would I want to re-color my deck with my..."trusty Sharpie", it is as ugly as it already is.
We all have different opinions about the different decks we buy, yet Guardians still remain my favorite.
I hope this settled this,
Brian
And btw, please fix the grammar, spelling, and punctuation mistakes in your..'reply'. If you want to criticize me, then do it like you really know what you are talking about and care about what you just wrote.

Sep 5, 2007
hm... you review the vipers like you don't like them,yet you have 10 of them? that is very smart.
from the reply to my comment on your review, it seems you hate the fact that someone is not agreeing with your review.

TH9 and vipers are my everyday cards. and YES, i do use cards a lot and not just sit down and look at them.

ok so you love guardians and i don't. i guess thats the problem.

think about it... well at least this is my opinion. who would wanna believe magic when you use cards that look like it came from the future?!!!
I'll stick to biikes or TH thank you.

Sep 5, 2007
the thing that i hate about the vipers is that they get scratched when you use them alot. that is a big loss when you perform under bright lights, because you see the scuff marks on them.
guardians, on the other hand have a different finish to them.
1st edition is not that good.
2nd edition is a better deck but still crimps faster that lets say TH9s.

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando Fl
I have purchased over 10 decks of Vipers all my life, and don't say they don't crimp.
Do you just sit down and look at the deck? Or do you handle it like a real magician and use it?
Flourish with it,
Brake it in,
and spring it.

Haha, that sounds more like what a flourisher/cardist, would do.

Well the review is nice, but I don't even know why I'm reading all these deck reviews, I don't buy decks online, it's expensive and makes no sense.

Dec 31, 2007
Massachusetts
Haha, that sounds more like what a flourisher/cardist, would do.

Well the review is nice, but I don't even know why I'm reading all these deck reviews, I don't buy decks online, it's expensive and makes no sense.
Yes I am a flourisher and really use my cards until the point when there completely beat-up.

Dec 31, 2007
Massachusetts
the thing that i hate about the vipers is that they get scratched when you use them alot. that is a big loss when you perform under bright lights, because you see the scuff marks on them.
guardians, on the other hand have a different finish to them.
1st edition is not that good.
2nd edition is a better deck but still crimps faster that lets say TH9s.
Vipers are great cards.Period. I love the finish on them and how they handle, the after effect with the cards is completely horrible and looks very cheap. Yes, I have collected over 10 Vipers all my life but doesn't that mean they are my favorite cards? I never perform with Vipers to an audience.
Why am I actually taking my time to argue my opinion against yours?
If you don't want to agree with me then don't.
Ignored

Feb 28, 2008
Hey guys this is Brian, and today I will be giving you a short review of the Viper Deck from Ellusionist. The Viper Deck can be found here : http://www.ellusionist.com/product/playing+cards/tally-ho+black+viper/tally-ho+black+viper.do

Ebay is always an option, Please reply if you think my review was helpful or not, and what I need to add or add in the future.

Here we go!

The looks: I think they are sexy, the silver and black back with Black Tiger Faces.
10/10
The handling and feel: Great! they spread like a dream, they fan very easily and are slippery as butter 8/10

After handling them for a couple days
: The edges crimp easily, The edges turn white and look very cheap. Very easy to see crimps. 2/10

My hints to Viper users(or soon to be Viper users): practice with ordinary bikes and move on to Vipers when you master all the flourishes, spreads, and fans.
Try not to drop them as much.

Overall Thought: I think they are NOT worth the price, and should be dropped down to about $5 as like Guardians. I would advise you to pick up a brick of Guardians instead of paying $8.

You can get a 6 pack of Vipers for $40.74,

Or would you rather get a 6 pack of Guardians for $26.73?

You decide.
I hope you have all enjoyed my short review on the Viper Deck by E, and has maybe influenced your choice a littler more.

Any questions please reply or PM me.
Thanks,
Brian :p :D :p :D

I love the guardians too but I've been wanting to try these for the longest time. A question: How bad do the edges fade? My first deck of Tigers had the edges turning white in about 20 minutes.

I dont know if anyone has already, but DONT MAKE THE MISTAKE OF USING A SHARPIE TO COLOR THE CARDS BLACK. I made that mistake and now have a deck of Shadow Masters that look worse than they did with the chipping, or black rubbing off, whatever you want to call it.

Unless you do all the cards you will have cards that stand out really bad against all the others. To put it bluntly, if you color them with a sharpie it will look like ****. It did for me anyway.

Mar 10, 2008
umm, i have two decks of vipers... i forget how long i've had these... but between vipers and black tigers, (i've had both opened for the same amount of time), the vipers show far more gray than do the black tigers. that doesnt mean that black tiger is better, i've used the vipers far more and dropped them far more...

i prefer just the white bordered cards...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results