Please Be Respectful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 10, 2007
Actually, the whole point of the post, was to refer directly to you.

Nope, you missed the whole point.

I can gave you MANY other examples of how people make rude comments just to defame a particular person and for their own personal gains.

This is another one. This is a true story but I would not mention the names. This happens in another forum btw.

Guy A released a certain magic effect. That effect looks cool and everyone liked it. But only Guy B said the effect was not original and goes on to defame Guy A. Guy B has alot of reason to do that. First of all, Guy A and Guy B both released a similar effect a few weeks ago, and Guy B wanted to make Guy A's effect look bad so that his effect can sell better.

Guy A pmed me and told me the whole incident. I tired to help, but Guy B pmed me and said he will try his best to kick me out of the fourms.

Sep 1, 2007
I have said it before, and I will say it again:

Two things Theory11 Needs:

An Off Topic Section
A note to 'Do a Search' of some description when 'Creating a New Thread'

I PMed Jbayme about an off topic section twice I think.

Aug 31, 2007
Nope, you missed the whole point.

I can gave you MANY other examples of how people make rude comments just to defame a particular person and for their own personal gains.

This is another one. This is a true story but I would not mention the names. This happens in another forum btw.

Guy A released a certain magic effect. That effect looks cool and everyone liked it. But only Guy B said the effect was not original and goes on to defame Guy A. Guy B has alot of reason to do that. First of all, Guy A and Guy B both released a similar effect a few weeks ago, and Guy B wanted to make Guy A's effect look bad so that his effect can sell better.

Guy A pmed me and told me the whole incident. I tired to help, but Guy B pmed me and said he will try his best to kick me out of the fourms.

Who would name their child "Guy A"?

Oct 10, 2007
Erm, no one I guess.

If you are really curious, I can pm you the name of this Guy A. I just don't want to mention their names here, for obvious reasons.

Thanks Mitchell. I completely agree, and especially if someone forgets to maybe search for a topic just politely say "This has already been posted. The search feature is very helpful."

There is no reason to get upset with them.

-Michael

Sep 1, 2007
I gotta say. I don't think that impoliteness here is to a point of having to scold people about it. That said, I think we, every now and then, need a gentle reminder that we are a community and as such we need to remain courteous. Thank you for said gentle reminder, Mr. Satfiej.

Brewery Rabbit

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Poulsbo, Wa
Ok, The reason we wont have an off topic forum is because everyone, Magician and non magician would be there.
And then things would become a mess.

Feb 17, 2008
K-W, ON, Canada
It's nice of you to tell people to be respectful but causing this thread has caused arguments kind of like the one when you apoligized. We can't force people to act differently so the best hting now to do is to close this thread and return back to magic.

Ding-a-ling. Just like in real life. People deal with it (rudeness, differing opinions, etc.) in real life, surely they can deal with it online. People are people (insightful, I know) and your post isn't going to change their behaviour.

This Thread is causing exactly what you wished to stop by creating it. When something crosses the line, the Mods deal with it.

I agree with the internet bullying going on here but too much repetiviness can become sickening, like Mitchell please be a mod, OH please MItchell,...it's getting old come guys get a grip and quit kissing a,... you guys need to grasp the reality he's only one person and even though his post are helpful in no way are you helping his cause by saturating the forums with idolising his post. So please give him the respect he deserves and the rest of us guys by just sticking to the magic discussion in hand. Sorry but someone has to say it I'm sure Mitchell will thank me. I know I'm a little off topic but everytime Mitchell makes a statement you guys seem to put it into stone.

Shane.:)

Aug 31, 2007
UK
It's the internet not real life kid, what is said or happens here does not matter. If I say **** you to one of you guys you won't go off and cry about it or refuse to come onto the internet, same goes if someone insults me, I don't get angry I just laugh about how sad they are.

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Guys,

The majority of our members are mature enough to handle intelligent conversation with one another. Nevertheless, we do have rules that need to be followed -- so let's all try to keep all discussion as respectful, courteous, and civil as possible.

Furthermore, if there are any questions, comments, or concerns about any post or thread, feel free to PM either myself or another moderator, and let us know. Alternatively, you can hit the "Report a Post" button on the bar located above each post. We'll handle the situation accordingly.

That said, let's return to the magic. Thanks!

Take care everyone,
TDA

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results