Error C00D10D1?

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
Hey guy's, i know that this thread is maybe not suited for this kind of forum, and that it should be on the Ellusionist forum, but i feel more at home here :)

I bought "Factory Sealed" and "Bullet" downloads form E, i put in the activation code, and when i try to play them (either one of them), Windows media player tells me that i have a codec problem and send me to this page http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/webhelp/default.aspx?&mpver=11.0.5721.5212&id=C00D10D1&contextid=68&originalid=C00D0BC4&codec=WMV3

And i installed that codec, and every other codec that i know of, and it still doesnt work, so if some of you guys had same problem, and managed to solve it, please PM me or something.

Tnx

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Hey guy's, i know that this thread is maybe not suited for this kind of forum, and that it should be on the Ellusionist forum, but i feel more at home here :)

I bought "Factory Sealed" and "Bullet" downloads form E, i put in the activation code, and when i try to play them (either one of them), Windows media player tells me that i have a codec problem and send me to this page http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/webhelp/default.aspx?&mpver=11.0.5721.5212&id=C00D10D1&contextid=68&originalid=C00D0BC4&codec=WMV3

And i installed that codec, and every other codec that i know of, and it still doesnt work, so if some of you guys had same problem, and managed to solve it, please PM me or something.

Tnx

You should try and contact Ellusionist customer support to get this resolved. Have you tried that yet?

--Jim

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
Try using VLC media player (google it), it pretty much plays everything.

Thanx man, i just tried that now, but it still doesnt work.

@Jim: yup. i contacted them and they just send me some link to how to solve the problem, and it's the same thing, from that link they just send me to download WMP codec from Microsoft, and i allready tried that. :(

Dec 23, 2007
I had the same problem, but i also got the "ellusionist player" I think u get it when u buy something there. The vids there are protected so thats ure only option. If u didnt get the player, contact customer support!

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
I had the same problem, but i also got the "ellusionist player" I think u get it when u buy something there. The vids there are protected so thats ure only option. If u didnt get the player, contact customer support!

I have E player, and it still doesnt work. When i play it from E player it says "downloading codec" and then when he does, it says "ready" but when i click "play" button, it just start that all over again.

@DLeerium: I downloaded the GSpot, but its so complicated, i dont know how to use it. I import the file but than i dont know where it says whats wrong with it. PM me.

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
This has been a recurring problem for me as well. My suggestion to you is call them and get them to just go ahead and mail you the DVD's instead they will have no problem with that.

Shane.

I live in Serbia (South Eastern Europe), so it would cost me alot more cause of the customs ;)

But anyways, thanx all you guys for the sugestions and support, but i have solved the problem, it looks like my Windows Media Player was having problem reading this codec, and E player also (because it uses WMP). So i donwloaded it again (WMP) from Microsoft and reinstall it, and now it works. I hope that this thread will help someone else who is having the same problem.

Thanx again guys.

Huh? I wish I knew more about computers.lol:)

Haha. It's not too complicated, I just didn't explain myself well. Protected WMV files will only play in Windows Media Player. So if something is wrong with Windows Media Player, you can't just open the file in another player like VLC which is a universal media player. So to be able to play a protected WMV file in another player, you first have to remove the protection. That's what FairUse4 does, granted that you have a valid license. Once the protection is removed, you can open the file in an other player that supports WMV, or you can convert it to another format, burn it to DVD, etc.

Haha. It's not too complicated, I just didn't explain myself well. Protected WMV files will only play in Windows Media Player. So if something is wrong with Windows Media Player, you can't just open the file in another player like VLC which is a universal media player. So to be able to play a protected WMV file in another player, you first have to remove the protection. That's what FairUse4 does, granted that you have a valid license. Once the protection is removed, you can open the file in an other player that supports WMV, or you can convert it to another format, burn it to DVD, etc.

OK I appreciate the explanation, I got a little dizzy there.

Shane.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results