Another problem with my friend...

Jan 15, 2008
in the royal court
ok so my friend, the same guy that wanted a tattoo... he got a tattoo, but not of cards instead he got one with his girlfriends name...

but here is another issue, one of our friends wants to start magic "ironically" but my friend offered him this deal, he sells him the DVD's that he has for a minor price
he says that this way with the money he can get more magic prop and tricks therefore expanding "our " knowledge (now 3 of us magicians with the other starting dude). do you guys think t
his is right or wrong or what?

Nov 30, 2007
I don't really know what I think. I kind of think it is wrong though. Personally I don't think people should be reselling something since they are done with it and have learned how to do the trick. I think that they should just hold on to it or throw it away. Because basically more people are just learning the trick and the person selling is making money. No more money would be going to the artist who made it. In my opinion it is kind of like YouTube revealing because the trick is being revealed and the artist is not making a profit from it. I think that YouTube is definitly worse but I also think that what your friend is doing is not the best either. I don't think it is like terribly bad but I think that he should stop. Also, why the heck would he get a tattoo with his girlfriend's name on it. What if they aren't going out anymore??? Then he gets a new girlfriend??? Well, thats all I have to say about that.

Nov 30, 2007
Also I just need to add one more thing, it is kind of like DVD copying and then selling for money. It is illegal. I just got that idea.

Nov 23, 2007
NC
uh...nothing against tattoo's what so ever but to answer you're question. No, I don't think it's a good idea to get your girlfriends name tattoed anywhere on you when you are fifteen years young.

No matter what he says it's not cool or funny and in a year he's going to hate that he did it. By the way, you probably don't want to follow any advise he has to give. On any subject. Ever.

As far as the ethics of mutli-purchasing effects. Thats discussed in many other forums here so I'll leave that alone.

Take care
Flyspazz

Aug 31, 2007
Amman, Jordan
How did your friend manage to get a tattoo at 15? I wouldn't sell any of the material I currently own to anyone, but I would probably teach the person some tricks if I knew he was seriously interested in the art and not in it for kicks

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
Reselling DVDs is pretty poor conduct and is really disrespectful to the creators.

If you made a chunk of your living on commission from DVDs you'd released it wouldn't be very nice to have someone selling copies and making money on your stuff that you've put all your hard work into, would it?

D.

Nov 25, 2007
Surreality
WOW,,, Just wait til they break up.

when hes 80 hes gonna have a tatto of some random girl. if he gets married, which it sounds like he wont, his wife will hate that.

sounds like fun.:cool:

Nov 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I admire tattoos immensely and I really like them but getting a tattoo of your girlfriend's name.....especially at 15.....one of the stupidest things you can do.

On the DVD's note I would say no, its not ethnically right. Maybe instead of selling all the DVDs to him teach him a couple simple tricks and then point him in the right direction for starting out.

EDIT: Also, like flyspazz said, I wouldn't take any advice from that kid, on any subject, ever. :D

Dec 4, 2007
LOL at tattoo. [sarcasm]what a great idea[/sarcasm]

Seeing as you are asking, i think you know if its a good or bad thing. Just go with whatever you decide. Live by your own morals, dont look for morals in others.

Sep 1, 2007
ok so my friend, the same guy that wanted a tattoo... he got a tattoo, but not of cards instead he got one with his girlfriends name...

but here is another issue, one of our friends wants to start magic "ironically" but my friend offered him this deal, he sells him the DVD's that he has for a minor price
he says that this way with the money he can get more magic prop and tricks therefore expanding "our " knowledge (now 3 of us magicians with the other starting dude). do you guys think t
his is right or wrong or what?

I don't see the problem. Your friend wants to sell his magic dvd's, so he can have money and buy other magic dvd's...whats the problem? What its not ethical enough? Thats like selling a 007 movie and then saying its wrong to do because you already watched it and got your entertainment from it. Now the film studio wont get enough money if you sell it. You should just hold onto it and never watch it again. Makes no sense.

Are you that worried about the magicians making money? Why don't you let them worry about that. As long as your friend is not copying the disks and selling them, theres no problem, as far as I can see.

Jan 15, 2008
in the royal court
well thanks for the tips... well now that i think of it the tatoo was a stupid idea...really stupid... and he got it from this mexican outlaw dude from a friends house (not being racist) .....

Hi,

Bit of advice,

I think you need some new friends. Perhaps ones with Brains.

Thanks,

Bravo to that post.

Your friend, really needs to set his priorities straight. Getting a tattoo in the first place is ridiculous, with his girlfriends name just tops the cake of stupidity.

As for the selling magic dvd's, it is just very un-ethical and not the proper way to go about things. I don't think I need to say more since most of my points have already been mentioned and I don't want to sound like a broken record.

-RA69

Dec 31, 2007
Massachusetts
Ah Jeez.. Getting a tattoo of your girlfriend/girlfriend is the worst!
What if they break up with you and you hate them forever?
Or they become a suicide bomber?

Just thoughts...
Brian

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results