The sad thing about Criss Angel

Sep 2, 2007
I've heard a radio cast with criss angel and he's not too bad of a guy. he credit's magician's very much and he said that anyone who calims they are supernatural being's are full of bull****, he said that he's not even supernatural. But his fan's think he is.

I'm not a fan of criss' magic but it's all about showmanship. Magic doesn't mean it has to be a Jackson 5 or Grandpa ace's.

Simple is effective, and he does it the simplest

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
I also hate when people say they hate Criss' personality - have you ever met him, personally, to say such things? It's just another excuse to attack him.

You just have to watch one of Criss' intructional DVDs to see that he isn't a bad guy at all!

Feb 8, 2008
Thats NOT a sad thing...the man works 18 hour days to promote our art and take magic to another level and he brings it to the biggest stage he possibly can...and thats TV! He OPENLY admits that he is NOT an expert in one field....

If your gonna say its sad that Criss is not an expert...then you also relize that Harry Houdini probably wouldn't stand a chance in mentalism....or I'd like to see him read Derren Browns mind......

You dont have to like criss....but realize he appeals to MILLIONS of viewers! He must be doing somethin right. Criss Angel is his Charactor.....just like everyone else who is a magician...Ex: David Blaine, David Copperfield, and Houdini......they LIVE the part. Dont hate them for it....because they actually made it and you didnt/havent made it yet..

Thats all..

DK
There is a difference. MY art uses sleight of hand and misdirection. Gimme a camera and Adobe After Effects and I'll do the stuff he does. I also might mention that Houdini was an expert in mentalism.

Feb 25, 2008
I lost what little respect I had for Criss after the Phenomenon incident. That was just pathetic.

P.S. sorry i accidentally just sent a report thing trying to post... sorry whoever that was haha, getting used to a new forum

Sep 1, 2007
I lost what little respect I had for Criss after the Phenomenon incident. That was just pathetic.

P.S. sorry i accidentally just sent a report thing trying to post... sorry whoever that was haha, getting used to a new forum

I didn't watch Phenomenon, but I lost was respect I had for him after his pathetic David Blaine "impersonation." To me that just put out a clear signal that he sees Blaine as a "threat" if you will and he wants everyone to be paying attention to him.

Feb 25, 2008
I didn't watch Phenomenon, but I lost was respect I had for him after his pathetic David Blaine "impersonation." To me that just put out a clear signal that he sees Blaine as a "threat" if you will and he wants everyone to be paying attention to him.
On Phenomenon, he basically called out one of the magicians as a liar and said that if he was really talking with the dead he should tell him what was written on a paper in his pocket. Who does that? It like the 13 year old "magician"trying to expose all the tricks of a rival 13 year old "Magician"

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia

Did you have the volume up when you watched it? He said that he has respect for David and I think it was Johnny Thompson who said he was doing it in all good fun.

But if you accidentally got "threat" and "respect" mixed up, you're excused. :rolleyes:

On Phenomenon, he basically called out one of the magicians as a liar and said that if he was really talking with the dead he should tell him what was written on a paper in his pocket. Who does that? It like the 13 year old "magician"trying to expose all the tricks of a rival 13 year old "Magician"

Who does that? Quite a few people. James Randi (sp?) and Houdini, just to name a few.

Jan 15, 2008
in the royal court
i dont like him

well honestly i dont like criss, i used to like him until he started with the "good to be king" crap.... he became a stuck up sun of a gun//...

but u have to give it to him, he is good at what he does you cant see he never left you like "what the hell?", maybe not like that but more like "hmm i wonder how he did that" yes his card skills suck, i heard his classic force was really good, like the best thinkg he could do.... he is an illusionist... his sinful performance wasnt that bad... but it is said there will always be someone better than you... so yeah...

he is good and he sucks at the same time... i prefer david..

GO KATIE!!!

Sep 1, 2007
I would only expect respect for a fellow entertainer. Not so much to ask.

I don't consider him an entertainer.

First of all, his performance sucked. Since my word may not sound like much, my sister is a stage actress and she thought it was the most shameful overacting she'd ever seen in her life. And why would a ghost guess at what was in a box and then give you a weird description of its shape rather than telling you what it was?

Second, Callahan claims to be a skeptic, and then tells people to make up their own minds about whether he's real or not. I have never met a practitioner of seance or haunted magick who would dare any such thing (other than Docc Hilford, but he admits that you'd have a point in calling him a con man).

Third, did you see his reaction to Criss' challenge? Intellectual bigot? You can actually defend that?

So no, I don't consider Callahan a peer. He doesn't deserve my respect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 21, 2007
His genre is stage magic, and he's pretty good at it... even though I don't necessarily like him. Each magician usually excels at a certain genre of magic, and merely tinkers with the other. The truth is, you're comparing him to legends like Lee Asher, and the two people, Dan and Dave, that are pretty much the top of the food chain in flourishing. It's not fair to Criss, simply because those aren't his areas. Dan and Dave would rip me apart in flourishing; it's not what I do. I don't really have much else to add, except you're giving him an unfair disadvantage.
I agree, but i realy don't like Criss, hes too cocky and i don;t like his attitude... David Blaine is much better...
And talking about this... has any one seen the Mindfreak episode when Cris spoofed David Blaine? I totaly hated him for that... if you did'nt see it, go check it out, search "criss angel spoofs david blaine" or something simular and you should find somthing....

Sep 2, 2007
TV shows don't pay more than ticket sales do.

Criss Angel doesn't sell a lot of tickets. But he does have a TV show.

Something for you guys to think about. He is richer than most magicians though.

Jussayin'

Katie

Unless my understanding is incorrect, Criss also has a prolific stage career, so he does indeed sell tickets. I'd love to see his stage show, actually.

Feb 25, 2008
I don't consider him an entertainer.

First of all, his performance sucked. Since my word may not sound like much, my sister is a stage actress and she thought it was the most shameful overacting she'd ever seen in her life. And why would a ghost guess at what was in a box and then give you a weird description of its shape rather than telling you what it was?

Second, Callahan claims to be a skeptic, and then tells people to make up their own minds about whether he's real or not. I have never met a practitioner of seance or haunted magick who would dare any such thing (other than Docc Hilford, but he admits that you'd have a point in calling him a con man).

Third, did you see his reaction to Criss' challenge? Intellectual bigot? You can actually defend that?

So no, I don't consider Callahan a peer. He doesn't deserve my respect.

He is an entertainer. He has said so, and that is how he markets himself. You might not like his performance style, and Criss obviously didnt, but that gives no one the right to attempt to upstage him like that. Its rude, and unethical.

Sep 1, 2007
He is an entertainer. He has said so,

Well whoop-dee-doo! While we're at it, I'm a general second class of the Intergalactic Heartbreaker Squad.

If he were an entertainer instead of a con man, he would admit that he's not actually channeling a dead guy.

Since he attempts to have his cake and eat it too, he deserves what he got. He humiliated himself on national TV with that ballistic reaction to Criss's challenge, and no one I know takes him seriously as a result. The only people standing up for him are generally those who have a vendetta against Criss.

Sep 2, 2007
Criss Angel has a huge problem with con artists and people who claim to talk to the dead. I didn't see the Phenomenon thing, but from what I know of Angel, he must have seen something that really bothered or offended him if he lashed out at someone who was performing. I might go watch this on youtube before I make up my mind, but I agree with many of Criss's principles about magic and performing, so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt for now.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results